WESTWORLD (HBO TV)

A24

Nope. Nothing too sophisticated either. But for Djawadi, it's a bit of an achievement. It's the most wholesome film scoring I've heard from him yet.

For a taste:

Fans who were able to watch the teaser cannot help but compare it to Ridley Scott's Blade Runner and co-creator Jonathan Nolan's interview with Entertainment Weekly confirmed that their opinions have basis.

Nolan admits that the 1982 classic film was an inspiration to him since he watched it over and over again as a kid due to his brother's recommendation.

"My brother's favorite movie is Blade Runner. I can't count the amount of times he's made me watch it," Nolan said.

The score doesn't play as important of a role in the show as Blade Runner's score did to its movie.

A lot of times, the music is a current pop song reimagined as old timey, and there's a lot of scenes that play with no music at all

Just now, BloodBoal said:

The only thing Westworld has in common with Blade Runner is its themes (artificial intelligence, robots looking like humans...). Aesthetically, it's very different.

Yes, that was what I thought.

Indeed.

And just listen to the score on Spotify or youtube if you want to know what its like

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Why do say "yes" when Westworld has nothing to do with Blade Runner (which is what Cremers was referring to) visually?

The only thing Westworld has in common with Blade Runner is its themes (artificial intelligence, robots looking like humans...). Aesthetically, it's very different.

Oh sorry, I misread that. I just remember Thor or someone drawing a comparison between the new Alien Convenant promo and Westworld's look and thought the same was being made here.

Yea, visually, the show bears no resemblance to Blade Runner. It does, as you say, bring up similar themes though.

But ... Jonathan Nolan himself admits it was an influence.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Just watch the show and see for yourself Cremers instead of quoting other people who say they think it looks like this movie or that movie.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

But ... Jonathan Nolan himself admits it was an influence.

Well, probably because the show touches on a similar vein of existentialism and the role of artificial intelligence.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Of course you do! He carries the hopes of Kanada! Should he fail, the whole of Kanada would fail!

No, there is another one ...

CFF-33912-4.jpg

Someone had to take up the mantle after Cronenberg, Shore and Cameron (to some extent) have faded into obscurity!

We're already grooming Villeneuve's replacement, should he fail...

M_XI-A67.png

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Maple syrup from Maine is better!

Dutch lies!

2 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Wait, Alex didn't watch this yet? But he started the bloody thread! 

He doesn't pay for HBO, and his kid hasn't torrented it for him.

You make my life so much easier, Jay.

Just now, Jay said:

He doesn't pay for HBO, and his kid hasn't torrented it for him.

I'm actually surprised HBO hasn't released it on Blu Ray yet, once they announced Season 2 wouldn't premiere until 2018.

Well, maybe the BDs wil arrive by Christmas 2017

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Nah. The obliteration of the Netherlands will be but a footnote in history books.

Our motto is Je Maintiendrai, which means I Will Uphold!

If the sea could not vanquish us, who can?