Alan Silvestri's THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (2018)

Muad'Dib

Yeah, seems like alansilvestri.com is his official site, not a fanpage. The Silvestri Vineyards site links back to it at the bottom of its About Us page.

No idea what they mean by the "Read Source Article" hyperlink to IMDb but it doesn't even have him listed as composer there so it's not like somebody just mistakenly took that as a source. And as you say, the only places reporting the news are linking back to the Silvestri site.

I think this is real.

It's got the contact info for what appears to be his agency, as well as a link to his family's vineyard company, so I'm inclined to think it's the real thing. 

If this is true, THAT'S what I'm talking about. "Fuck yes" indeed! 

It's confusing because it doesn't literally say "official" anywhere, but it's all very professional and it is just his name in the URL with no "fan site" qualification or anything. And looks like it ties to the vineyards site, the whole bio section is reprinted there too with a link: http://www.silvestrivineyards.com/about-alan.htm

I doubt they would do all that if it wasn't run by his people. And from all I can tell it looks like they got this news out of thin air.

Well, from this perspective it makes sense. I mean, they ended up tracking/rerecording his stuff anyway. So it's only logical to ask him.

But I just wish Elfman got a chance to develop his material further. He's great at playing with other people's material like this.

Wouldn't it be cool if Silvestri quoted the hybrid theme once or twice? Doubt it will happen, though.

But yeah, at least a proper composer will score those films. And I'm happy about it.

Karol

I sincerely hope this is real. Would definitely vastly increase my excitement for those movies.

Isn't this a bit early though for a composer assignment? They must have only just started preproduction on those films.

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Shame it's not Elfman. But good news all the same.

Karol

Same.  I couldn't be disappointed with this news but I was definitely hoping Elfman would get a chance to do a full Avengers score. 

Given how low Silvestri's output is these days (compared to his contemporaries), I take this as a good sign. If he's willing to sign up for two films, he must enjoy doing them.

I said on Alan's FB page that the article linked to the IMDb and if it was a mistake and I got this reply:

Working on this...thanks for the info.

It was 8 hours ago, the IMDb link remains the same so far.

Interesting. Could be good! Will probably be fairly average. Would have been nice to hear more from Elfman.

Right. So nothing to get too excited about really. But good to have him back.

Its very odd that the Alan SIlvestri page that is the "original source" of this "news" has a "Read Source Article" link that simply links to Avengers 3's IMDB page, which doesn't even mention Silvestri on it.

I have a fear that this is all just a random rumor that got reported wrong.

Like most Marvel movies, it'll likely have a cracking good end credits cue, with a mostly middling, if not noisy underscore.

I would've given it to Elfman too.  Or someone new.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

There's no such thing as a fact! Everything is subjective and open to interpretation.

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is better than regular Dungeons and Dragons. Fact. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...