Alan Silvestri's THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (2018)

Muad'Dib

17 hours ago, Matt C said:

Is the cue

Hide contents

when Nebula escapes Thanos' prison and radios Mantis

on the soundtrack release?

It should be (Morning After I believe), the music that isnt on there adds up to just 3 minutes or so.

If it's in London it's the equivalent of Sandy DeCrescent's orchestra there. I always forget the name of the person, it might be Isobel Griffiths, but the orchestra basically compromises of players from the RPO, LSO, Philharmonia, LPO, BBC etc etc, depends who is in London at the time and who is on tour. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Like Symphonia Of London?

Similar but not the same. Sinfonia of London is contracted by someone else. Isobel Griffiths draws from the LSO first, and then other huge orchestras. 

Just saw Avengers IW again. I absolutely love the score. Wish there were more woodwinds but that is my only critique. He played the drama beautifully throughout! Now I can't wait to hear John Powell's score to Solo. Another fantastic orchestral composer. Maybe there's a comeback about to happen!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Like Symphonia Of London?

And the London Metropolitan Orchestra...and the English Session Orchestra.  Whatever, they're not as versatile as the HSS!

22 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Silvestri is almost 70. Some comeback.

I meant orchestral composers in General, not Silvestri himself.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:21 PM, crocodile said:

Think most of their scores were recorded in London. If not all of them.

Karol

Most of them were. Incredible Hulk was recorded in Seattle.

Spider-man Homecoming is the only AFM-recorded score, and that was due to Sony's involvement.

24 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

I also love that Alan Silvestri reprised Ludwig Borannson's Black Panther theme.

I'm fairly sure this was just tracked from the Black Panther score.

I should say that I do like the film, I just didn't love it like some do.  The score mostly receded into the background, I'm sure it will come into focus more on rewatches.

Alan Silvestri confirmed in a recent interview that he did in fact reprise the Black Panther theme. The whole interview is an insightful read, actually.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-infinity-war-composer-had-hardest-time-thanos-scene-1106131

On 5/5/2018 at 7:58 PM, Fal said:

Yeah, I think that is who it is.

It is. Jo Changer also assists her.

Composers who want to book a specific ensemble have to go through others. Sue Mallet is responsible for booking the LSO, Andy Brown the LMO, Paul Talkington for the Philharmonia Orchestra, and James Fitzpatrick for RPO.

• 1 month later...

IIRC people in this thread have mentioned music they heard in the film that isn't on the OST album

Barely.

The amount of unreleased music amounts to no more than 4 minutes, and thats including the re-arrangements of the Black panther music.

• 9 months later...

All the usual places.  iTunes, Google Play, Amazon MP3, 7digital, etc etc etc.

• 1 year later...