Star Trek's Anton Yelchin dead after accident on his driveway

Bespin

27-year-old actor was on his way to a rehearsal when the accident occurred on his driveway, police say

obit-anton-yelchin.jpg

Anton Yelchin, who starred in the Star Trek reboot franchise, died Sunday in Los Angeles after being struck by his own car on the steep driveway of his home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/anton-yelchin-dead-accident-1.3642660

:mellow:

That's awful, what a horrible loss of an amazing talent. Showed so much promise too, no doubt he had many wonderful performances ahead of him. :(

Rest in peace.

He didn't do many high profile films, but I always enjoyed his screen presence. I vividly remember his strong performance opposite Anthony Hopkins in 2001's Hearts In Atlantis. I read the news earlier where it just mentioned a traffic collision, but reading now that it was some freak accident makes it all the worse.

RIP :(

His was a minor, yet undeniably promising talent. I shall watch GREEN ROOM, with sadness, I shall watch STID, as a tribute, but I don't care who's died; I will not watch TERMINATOR: SALVATION, under any circumstances.

I've never cared about STAR TREK, so TERMINATOR: SALVATION is what I remember him from the most -- a massively underrated film. In either case, a terrible, freakish accident, this.

I especially enjoyed him in Jim Jarmusch's movie ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE.  He was a great darkly comic foil to Tom Hiddleston's brooding and serious vampire.

His presence on our screens will be missed. RIP.

He was also great in Brett Ratner's segment of New York, I Love You

It will be weird going to see Star Trek Beyond now!

Wow, terrible news. Not terribly familiar with him, but still far too young for a promising actor. RIP 

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I especially enjoyed him in Jim Jarmusch's movie ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE.  He was a great darkly comic foil to Tom Hiddleston's brooding and serious vampire.

That's true, he was in that. A good film, actually (and I'm not usually a Jarmusch fan).

I love almost all of his movies (with The Limits of Control being my least favorite) but the two I would most wholeheartedly recommend everyone see are:

Down by Law

Mystery Train

IMO those are peak-Jarmusch.

23 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Is a 4th Star Trek movie was already planned?

I don't think so. I think the cast was all only contracted for three films.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

100% sure the film will be dedicated to him.

And to Leonard Nimoy, I'd have thought

R.I.P. Anton Yelchin ... so young, and such freakish circumstances. 

Saddened to hear this. Even more ticked that it seems to have been the result of a serious design flaw in the vehicle's transmission.

On 6/20/2016 at 4:45 AM, Richard said:

I shall watch STID, as a tribute. . . .

I dunno. The moment when Kirk tells him to put on a red shirt . . . and the his harrowed, silent reaction . . . that might prove to be a strange, even awkward, moment to sit through.

2 hours ago, Uni said:

Saddened to hear this. Even more ticked that it seems to have been the result of a serious design flaw in the vehicle's transmission.

I dunno. The moment when Kirk tells him to put on a red shirt . . . and the his harrowed, silent reaction . . . that might prove to be a strange, even awkward, moment to sit through.

I'll do my best.