The Official Films On Wax Thread

crocodile

Hey, I thought of starting a separate thread for Films On Wax. I know it all might come off as a bit annoying but it's probably more convenient some of my (and Charlie's and Mikko's) stuff in one place, given that we all originate from JWFan. Hope you don't mind.

We've been doing articles, reviews and some interviews in the past (bit inconsistently lately, I agree). And one of our recent things is starting a new podcast series. Charlie has been doing those (and some audio reviews) for some time now. We tried it once before with one Halloween podcasts (along with a couple of our friends) but this is the first one we're doing together and, hopefully, it might become a major vehicle for all our content. It wasn't necessarily planned in detail, we just sort of talked over Skype about stuff. The entire recording was about 85-minutes long so there was a lot of stuff cut (among those highlights were, of course, the Illuminati revelations, a transmission from a occult human sacrifice ceremony and bit of steamy webcam action).

Anyway, in the first episode we talk a bit about some new scores: Djawadi's Warcraft, Newman's Finding Dory, Tyler's Now You See Me 2 and Independence Day: Resurgence. These are mostly just quick comments. Perhaps we'll go a bit more in-depth next time. And we talk a bit about the sad anniversary of James Horner's passing. And some other and stuff.

Obviously, there is a lot to be improved. Certainly, I'm not the best orator out there and it feels really self-conscious to speak in a non-native language and try to be coherent. Plus, we'll probably work on our issues along the way (certainly mine!). Next one shall be better (I hope). It's all about learning after all.

(And yes, I do realised there is a link to that in the other thread. But I'm just annoying like this)

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Alex!

Anyway, here is episode 2.... and yes, you guessed it, we talk about The BFG. Or, even more precisely, talk about John Williams in general and the new score is sort of a starting point.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a chat with Charlie Brigden about Ghostbusters (Shapiro), The Neon Demon (Martinez), Ice Age: Collision Course (Debney), The Secret Life of Pets (Desplat) as well as Captain Fantastic (Somers). As well as some other bits.

And I apologise for the sound quality. Something went strangely wrong in the final stages. I've lost the backup files it was impossible to go back and redo that. Annoying.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

And here is episode 5 (episode 4 was just a quick release roundup). Charlie and myself are talking about Star Trek and this is part 1 of that in which we discuss first six Trek feature films.

http://filmsonwax.thedigitalfix.com/content/the-films-on-wax-podcast-5-star-trek-part-i/

Karol

• 2 months later...

And here is a very late episode 6 where we talk about Kubo and the Two Strings, Suicide Squad, Nerve, Jason Bourne and Ben-Hur. And yes, it's about two months late. There were some technical difficulties (and you can hear some of that in this episode, sadly).

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Inky's review of Intrada's Chinatown expansion.

In the new episode of The Films On Wax Podcast, we talk about three new soundtrack releases: Nicholas Britell's Moonlight, Michael Giacchino's Doctor Strange as well as the long awaited Living in the Age of Airplanes by James Horner (from the 2015 IMAX documentary). In the second part, we pick our film music favourites for this year's Halloween season.

http://filmsonwax.thedigitalfix.com/the-films-on-wax-podcast-8/

Karol