Anyone Else Have Nerdy JW Traditions?

Will

10 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I listen to Presumed Innocent every time I go to prison for stealing sheet music.  

:lol:

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Try to figure out if @Not Mr. Big always posts around the same time of day and during a short period.  Could be an indication that this is the "computer time" he's allowed in prison.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Did you tell anyone at school? I know I didnt.

Not sure if I ever did, but I was also Queen, Genesis, The Boomtown Rats

("A Tonic For The Troops" is a great record), and disco, so I kind of got away with it.

I listen to JW's most patriotic music around the Fourth of July and Home Alone 1 and 2 around Christmas, like many others on this thread, I suppose. The last time I visited the Lincoln Memorial I hummed the appropriate music. I also used The Force Awakens main title to test out a speaker set up recently. I would never use The Phantom Menace because the principal trumpet is barely audible. Shawn Murphy dropped the ball. Or maybe trumpeter did not play loudly enough. 

Just now, EdwardHall said:

I listen to JW's most patriotic music around the Fourth of July and Home Alone 1 and 2 around Christmas, like many others on this thread, I suppose. The last time I visited the Lincoln Memorial I hummed the appropriate music. I also used The Force Awakens main title to test out a speaker set up recently. I would never use The Phantom Menace because the principal trumpet is barely audible. Shawn Murphy dropped the ball. Or maybe trumpeter did not play loudly enough. 

Both Maurice and Shawn Murphy dropped the ball?

Just now, Incanus said:

Both Maurice and Shawn Murphy dropped the ball?

I have no idea who dropped the ball, but you can't deny that the trumpet isn't loud enough. The volume is better on "Attack of the Clones," and "Revenge of the Sith,"  though.

4 hours ago, EdwardHall said:

I have no idea who dropped the ball, but you can't deny that the trumpet isn't loud enough. The volume is better on "Attack of the Clones," and "Revenge of the Sith,"  though.

Thats weird because its the same recording for all three.

33 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Thats weird because its the same recording for all three.

Having listened to the Main Title tracks for all 3 prequels and The Force Awakens just now I must correct myself. Maurice Murphys trumpet is far too soft on all three prequels not just The Phantom Menace meaning that the aforementioned balls were dropped only once. The trumpet sounds appropriate in the old analog recordings, if a bit harsh. TFA is the best recording IMHO. Wish the LSO had performed it of course.

On August 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Stefancos said:

Doesnt make any sense at all.

It does make sense. I am saying it would have been nice if LSO performed TFA with trumpet at appropriate volume without sounding harsh for Main Titles. That combination (volume/harshness) has yet to happen in ANY Star Wars film except TFA, which would have sounded even better had it been performed by LSO. Please let me know if you require further clarification.

On 18 augustus 2016 at 1:07 PM, Disco Stu said:

Very clever stereotype to trot out.  Stick to your strengths, like clog dancing in tulip gardens.

I'm more the pot smoking, whore shagging, euthanasia kind of Dutchie.

• 4 years later...