Does John Williams sign autographs?

Greg

Hi, I'm new here so please forgive me if I do anything stupid. My name is Greg as you can see and I really love John Williams music. I would very much love to get his autograph. I'm far from rich, but it means enough to me that I would fly somewhere to get it. I live in Seattle. I'm thinking of flying to L.A. as I see he is doing some concerts at the Hollywood bowl. Does anyone know what my odds are of getting him to sign if I wait hours before the show? Or is there a better place? Thank you so much for your help it means a lot.

Greg

He used to sign a few things for fans outside of some venues before and/or after some concerts, but it rarely happens anymore.  It's nigh impossible at the Hollywood Bowl.

This reminds me - I'll be in New England in early August, and I was hoping to go to Tanglewood on Parade, where Williams is scheduled to conduct three pieces (Film Night would of course be better, but I'm gone by then). Alas, my parents said no because driving on little gravel roads in the middle of nowhere late at night is not a very appealing option, and not worth it because Williams will only conduct for 15 minutes. Which I guess makes sense, to a degree. But it stinks to be an hour and a half from Lenox and not get to see/hear this, especially given that I've never seen Williams conduct in person. (It's that that I want; an autograph would be really cool but that's not my focus). :( Maybe I'll give my parents a second pitch - I haven't checked in a while but I'm guessing there's still time to get tickets.

Greg, try writing to Boston Symphony Hall, their office might be able to help you. They may still have signed pics which they give off to fans with an interview kit. I wrote to them and got my 3rd pic signed by him. - I could also sell this to you.. ;)

Thanks Jay and Jackson, so I basically have no chance at the Hollywood bowl huh? That sucks. Any places he will be doing that you recommend? There is a few videos on Facebook of people getting him earlier this year. 

Thanks to you also Azanid. I will try writing to them. 

Richard, how would I write to his agent? 

Nick that is awesome! So he signed for you at the Boston pops?