BloodBoal

No extra content makes it an easy pass. 

Would have been a dick move if it had new content but was being sold at this price. 

No, I mean, who's going to buy it? Why would you? Just buy the extended trilogies and the theatrical trilogies and you have everything at a fraction of the price. 

Theres nothing in this to really make it desirable.

That release is ridiculous humbug I say! Preposterous! Outrageous! Bah! Harrumph!:stick:

BB is the giraffe of JWFan! Or Brachiosaurus even! He can reach those top leaves!

Also he is the winner of Inky's Golden Biscotti of Comedy 2 years in a row!

Golden-Biscuit-Plate-p44994_310.jpg

6 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

You're better than that BB and you know it. You can do better than low hanging fruit. I believe in you!

Stop lying.

If this box included BOTH versions of all six films on Blu-ray, ALL of the previous special features, AND additional deleted scenes/never before seen features, I'd CONSIDER buying it for $120.

I have no interest in books, statues, wooden boxes, etc.  That crap just drives up the prices on things I do want (like the Elfman/Burton box, which I did buy).

This will eventually, a few years from release, be repackaged into a discount collection, like the Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle box was.

I'm quite into Blu-ray/DVD tat (so long as I like the film - I still have the Taiwan wooden chest set for LOTR) but this is absurdly expensive. And yes, knowing a proper ultimate boxset will most likely come in future makes it an even riskier prospect.

I think the RRP on that deluxe Harry Potter set from a couple of years back was about $500, but it could be had for quite a reasonable price in the UK at one point.

Of course, it remains to be seen if Warner will release this in the UK. If it looks as good as it sounds, and went down to about £150 at some point, I might consider it.

1 hour ago, SafeUnderHill said:

I can't see this being the official price and am not sure why it is being taken as such.

Even when released you'll be looking at $400-500, at best.

10 hours ago, Barnald said:

Even when released you'll be looking at $400-500, at best.

It has a box design selected by the hand of Peter Jackson himself, which is well worth 400 $ alone!

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

It has a box design selected by the hand of Peter Jackson himself, which is well worth 400 $ alone!

Well the shelf design was selected by him. If he selected the box design as well I'd happily pay $1000

1000568050_BRDLEF_e67540a4.jpg

1000568050_BRDBEAUTY_9d0b4bd8.jpg

It looks very nice (though I'd have preferred different colour 'books', and proper disc trays), but no way does it justify the price. As I said, if it drops to about $200 I'll probably bite.

6 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Looks excellent, but not worth selling two kidneys to get it.

What if you only had to sell one? I can get you a good price

42 minutes ago, Barnald said:

What if you only had to sell one? I can get you a good price

I need to sell my kidney for All-Ireland hurling final tickets.

I'd buy one of these for €200 though. 

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Even for €200, the fact that there's no additional bonus features is a big no-no. Because, let's face it, they're definitely going to release the films YET AGAIN, and this time, with additional bonus features. Only then will I consider buying such a massive set (which, hopefully, will look as great as this one).

Can totally understand where you're coming from on that. It's a very nice set and there's s price I would pay for it simply because it looks so good.

I'll happily wait for a better set if I have to though. 

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Of course, we could still buy that set, and when they release a new edition with additional bonus features with shitty packaging, buy it too, and just replace the discs in the good-looking set with the new ones. Done deal!

The suits at WB like this post. 

It does look good but is ridiculously expensive. If they re-did the LotR CRs and released them with the Hobbit CRs like this, I would buy them. Perhaps not for 800 $ though. I could certainly make due with something less extravagant than PJ chosen bookshelf and all the extra knickknacks.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's also a 6-disc set coming out containing only the theatrical version of each film with no bonus discs

1000591958_BRDLEF_14b6640a.jpg (596×800)

1000591958_BRDBK_7da5bc02.jpg (628×800)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JH3KLJK

Interesting that they have Galadriel on the front and not Tauriel.