BloodBoal

I agree.

If Jackson does anything, I'd prefer him to make a new cut that is simply called "The Lord Of The Rings" and is the all 3 films edited together as one long thing, with previously deleted scenes reinstated, and some scenes that are there now removed.

And of course, as long as the existing cuts remain in print in the same quality and format.

• 2 months later...

And with considerably less money than the Weta Workshop one. If you happen to have good carpentry skills and a workshop and tools. Easy peasy.

Here's my final offer on this set.

Nothing. Not even the price of postage to send me the commemorative box, which I'd appreciate if Warner would put up personally.

I don't think your audacious gambit will pay off.  Warner won't do it on a dare!

16 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Here's my final offer on this set.

Nothing. Not even the price of postage to send me the commemorative box, which I'd appreciate if Warner would put up personally.

A few months from now a WB Home Video executive is going to have a harrowing encounter with a Las Vegas prostitute.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

A few months from now a WB Home Video executive is going to have a harrowing encounter with a Las Vegas prostitute.

(Y)

...and then I'll get my commemorative box. ;)

48 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I would not take this set, if it lay by the highway. Not were Peter Jackson's house falling in ruin and I alone could save her, so, buying the set of the director for her good and my glory. No, I do not wish for such triumphs.

No!' With that power I should have power too great and terrible. And over me the Box would gain a power still greater and more deadly. Do not tempt me! For I do not wish to become like the PJ himself. Yet the way of the Box to my heart is by pity, pity for weakness and the desire of strength to do good. Do not tempt me! I dare not take it, not even to keep it safe, unused. The wish to wield it would be too great for my strength. I shall have such need of it. Great perils lie before me.

I will take it! 

It should be kept, hidden, hidden dark and deep. Not used, I say, unless at the uttermost end of need, but set beyond his grasp, save by a victory so final that what befell would not trouble us, being dead.

I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired to ask what you offer. For many long years I had pondered what I might do, should the Great Box come into my hands, and behold! it was brought within my grasp. The evil that was devised long ago works on in many ways, whether PJ himself stands or falls. Would not that have been a noble deed to set to the credit of his Box, if I had taken it by force or fear from my guest? 

And now at last it comes. You will give me the Box freely! In place of the PJ you will set up Incanus. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair! For I shall recut the Hobbit films into a form they should have been made!

Inky lifted up his hand and from the ring that he wore there issued a great light that illuminated him alone and left all else dark. He stood before the JWFanners seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful. Then he let his hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly he laughed again, and lo! he was shrunken: a young man, clad in simple grey and black, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.

'I pass the test,' he said. `I will diminish, and now go to bed and remain Incanus.

• 5 weeks later...

Frankly, the fact that they didn't put that stuff in the 9-hour docs for each movie, holding out for a double dip... is kind of irritating.  I'm glad it will eventually be out there, though.

I'm very pessimistic about ever seeing a lot of this stuff what with the bottom dropping out from the home video market and WB hesitant to do anything but repackage existing releases.

Maybe at a certain point PJ will just say screw it and shell out the money himself to produce new releases of the movies (when I say himself I mean Wingnut, not him personally).

I lost any interest in seeing in any greater detail how these films were botched.

Give me Hobbit Complete Recordings and an archival release, and shut up, Hobbit people!

• 3 months later...