The Two Towers COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

Marian Schedenig

Express mail!?  I bet you had to pay one hell of a lot for shipping...  

It isn't expensieve if you consider I had one year to "prepare" myself. What the hell? I don't think those releases are the best ones to get cheap on.

Jesus, 2+ hours of unreleased score, and Barnes and Noble puts up music that was already on the first soundtrack.

Morons! MORONS!

That is because who ever maintains the site for Barns & Noble is stupid...

8O

Well after figuring out expenses for January I'll be able to get both box sets of FOTR and TTT, hell ya do that! I'm almost tempted to have someone send me mp3's of the TTT set but I might actually wait until January when I get my set to fully listen to the score. I know it's a long wait (3 months), but hey I can manage.

mp3's wouldn't do justice to the truly awesome experience that is holding the box and listening to the middle-part of Howard Shore's magnum opus for the first time while reading the liner notes. You'll be glad you waited.

ttbk, who can't wait to get this set 8O bowdown bowdown

That's just morbid thinking Stefan 8O There are still some good deliveries in this world and they are worth waiting for.

mp3's wouldn't do justice to the truly awesome experience that is holding the box and listening to the middle-part of Howard Shore's magnum opus for the first time while reading the liner notes.

This man speaks truth.

This set is stunning.

Three final comments before the release date...

There is a lot of unused music.

Do not expect everything on this set to use the final versions of 'cues' which made it to the film.

There is still music in the fan club credits which did not make it to this release.

I'm begining to listen to this set now (the Mp3 versions).

This set is stunning.

Three final comments before the release date...

There is a lot of unused music.

Do not expect everything on this set to use the final versions of 'cues' which made it to the film.

There is still music in the fan club credits which did not make it to this release.

How do you know? Did you compare the set carefully with the movie all ready? :(

Not to flatter myself, but I can compare the set to the movie while listening to it. And there are indeed ALOT more changes and additions that I ever dreamed of. Did anyone else notice that the scene order in "Lost In Emyn Muil" is changed?

One change that took me by surprise right at the beginning is in "Elven Rope". I didn't know that the Evil Times motif was tracked into the movie.

Why do some people on MovieMusic.com think it's being disrespectful to Doug Adams if we talk about the score now before the release date? I seriously doubt Doug would are if we discussed the score now or a week from now. Some of these postings from noobs are just mind boggling...

Thorf over on MM said this in the LOTR thread...

Frankly, after the last two pages, I wouldn't be surprised if Doug stopped posting here altogether.

I doubt that will happen.

Well you can imagine how much other fans want to hear the music and when some people come in in advance and start praising individual moments and how great something sounds and how much there is unreleased stuff it is kind of irritating. The point is that we (I did not download it) who wait for our sets to arrive are not part of the discussion and we would like to be. So surely you can understand our point of view here. You have it. We would like to have it. We are little envious. We complain when you share praise and info on the set.

This is now a test of self control for me. :(

That's perfectly understandable. But why the heavy reactions? Nobody said soundtrack.net was disrespectful to anyone when they revealed details about certain unused music, non?

It's not like the set is available on every file sharing machine on this planet. As far as I know, Usenet is the only place. And if there was no free trial offer, you'd have to pay for it.

Can it be? Is our moderator the raving loon in the LotR thread this year? :) I have been dethroned!

-Mikko who is more or less patiently waiting for his copy of the TTT CR-

Hey, my alter ego is a postal worker, I should know under how much pressure these people have to work :)

Because the mail never stops, it just keeps coming and coming and coming, there's never a let-up. It's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more and more! And you gotta get it out, but the more you get it out, the more it keeps coming in. And then the bar code reader breaks and it's Publisher's Clearing House day!!

*breathe!*

Well mine arrived today (WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!) ahem... AxelMusic got it to me in 5 days from ordering and in absolutely perfect condition.  

So... anyone else got a bundle of joy?

Well done you.... Mine tomorrow then perhaps given my order went out the day after everyone elses here? Hope so as I've got nothing on for tomorrow. I'm in London all day Wednesday and would hate for it arrive that morning.

Can it be? Is our moderator the raving loon in the LotR thread this year? :D I have been dethroned!

-Mikko who is more or less patiently waiting for his copy of the TTT CR-

Yes' date=' I am raving, dagnammit! Give me my LotR goodness already!

I heard that postal workers in Finland and in Holland will go on strike today

and it may last many weeks. :)

That's not funny. Not funny at all.

- Marc, who was actually expecting two packages today, and is honestly quite enjoying making all this fuss about it. ;)