The Two Towers COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

Marian Schedenig

OH, this is just awesome!

I ordered mine through Moviemusic, along with Naked Lunch and Godzilla Vs. King Kong. The Godzilla score wasn't in stock, so they cancelled it for now. Thing is: the distributor (or whoever) who's responsible for Godzilla is also responsible for Two Towers.

Long story short, they made a mistake and now my Two Towers order is also cancelled and I can't place another one because the set is out of stock already.

banghead banghead

:)

What if you don't get your packages today, Marc?

Well, seeing how it's already past 10pm here, I don't see that happening anymore.

I do hope they arrive tomorrow, though, preferably before I go to work, but it'll be nice to have them waiting for me when I get home.

- Marc

Have you re-ordered already? If you ordered from Axel on Monday, I guess you might have it by Friday.

Marian - who probably should have asked them for a discount before mentioning them in the first place... :)

Nice to see some people have gotten their CR sets already :) Enjoy!

-Mikko who wishes that Finnish postal system won't fail him today-

EDIT postal system failed me. They do have the package but as it did not fit in the mail box for some reason they could not come to the door and deliver it to me. They had to leave me a note saying that I could collect it tomorrow at the local post office!!! So much for that postal "service" :roll:

Still waiting for mine :) . Tomorrow is th 5th full working day since it was posted by Axel though so Im hopeing I'll have it this time tomorrow.

Alan - rocking in a dark corner somewhere

So if Alan is in the North, I am in the South, and neither of us have got ours, it begs the question where is Rich based where the postal service is seemingly so frustratingly efficient? :)

Lol I Rich is South aswell I believe. I ordered mine from Axel a the day after Rich's copy was posted. Actually owe the fact that mine is on the way to him since he told me about the site. I had previously ordered through Amazon.co.uk and though it said id have it by the 8th or 9th, I wasnt holding out much hope of getting it before the 20th.

Mine was posted quite late on Thursday so tomorrow is a realistic hope.

Gk, I know what you mean. I hate that these things depend on US times and us poor Brits and Europeans have to wait until the evening to get these updates. Any update on your situation? Id have thought they would have had something done for you seeing as it wasnt your fault it was cancelled.

*clenching teeth* Good for you!

Well, they told me they don't have a definite date for restocking, so it could take anywhere from two days to two weeks.

They offered me to cancel the order and do my business someplace else, and that's exactly what I did. Order was placed yesterday, it should arrive either Thursday or Friday.

Lol I Rich is South aswell I believe. I ordered mine from Axel a the day after Rich's copy was posted. Actually owe the fact that mine is on the way to him since he told me about the site. I had previously ordered through Amazon.co.uk and though it said id have it by the 8th or 9th, I wasnt holding out much hope of getting it before the 20th.  

Mine was posted quite late on Thursday so tomorrow is a realistic hope.

Mine went out on the 2nd too. Here's hoping we both get ours tomorrow then!

I have to face the bitter cold of London all day tomorrow. If it comes it will arrive before I leave but I won't have time to spin the DVD-A and that's what I want to hear first so there's no chance of it being put onto my ipod tomorrow to listen to when in town. Hopefully if it does come in the morning then I can at least come home tomorrow night known it's there for me to enjoy with a mug of hot chocolate.

"Wheree isss itttttt"

I got it this morning, and also started with the DVD. I didn't have time to listen to it all, though. I'm almost finished with it now (track 44 just started). I did put the whole thing directly on my iPod, but consciously didn't listen to it on my way to work.

To wet your appetite even further, the new FSM podcast is out, where questions about the set are answered, and more preview music can be heard.

- Marc, who also wants the annotated score.

Well, I am SO pissed!

I've ordered through amazon, and guess what? It is OUT OF STOCK there! Of course I've ordered it when the page still read "Available now", but I chose express shipping and it *should* be out by now, don't you think? Especially since my account says "Delivery estimate: November 8th".

And to top it all off, I can't cancel my order and order somewhere else because according to my personal account, my order is already being processed!

I think I'm going to be sick ...

Im being picked up at 7am tomorrow for the day so even if it does arrive in the morning, I wont get to it until about this time. Still, I get to see my 5 month old niece and buy my HDTV so cant complain too much hehe :D.

I'll also be starting with the DVD. Cant wait to hear how it sounds.

You have my sympathy gk, why do these hiccups always happen when its something we've been waiting for?? :joy:

Yes, Axel, Axel ... funny thing: after my order at MovieMusic blew, I DID order at Axel, but I cancelled it shortly afterwards because I figured it would be faster via Amazon's express shipping.

Well, didn't work out, huh?

No, not quite.

Whoa, that's awesome, Jim! I hadn't seen that breakdown before. I don't suppose there's a timed breakdown of the DVD credits somewhere, is there? I keep hearing about alternate music in the fan club credits but there's no notes on where that music actually is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Still nothing :cry:

I know we're still well within the quoted delivery estimate but damn, this wait is tough. Could be worse though. It could be a repeat of last year when I was not aloud to buy it for myself or listen to it (someone was getting it me for christmas), but I had the copy I bought for my brother on the shelf all wrapped and tempting. I was strong!

Yes, along with a breakdown of the original album (similar to my Fellowship one).

Very nice, can't wait to see your breakdown of TTT's as well as your other comments. Well I can wait but you know what I mean hehe.

Edit: So once the ROTK Complete Recordings is out who's up to the challenge of editing together a "Super Ultimate Edition" of all 3 scores with all the alternates from the OST and what not...? Don't look at me by the way... :-p

My copy arrived bright and early this morning. Having had the time to listen to the DVD-A I have to say I’m thrilled with it. It’s especially fascinating hearing the various segments of unused material that have been restored. The whole thing is quite an exhausting experience to listen to beginning to end, but certainly a worthwhile one.

Hope yours showed up, Alan.

GOT IT!!! *does the happy dance* :eek:

Love the set. Id say it's a better release than Fellowship, simply because of the amount of unused music and to my knowledge, all film edits have been ignored. The chior mixing is also better than before.

Also, I have to give credit to Axel. The way they packaged the set there was no way it was going to arrived damaged. Very nice job!

;) Howard Shore, Doug Adams

I couldn't find it in stores, so I purchased it from iTunes today. No liner notes, I know, but the music is the important thing. All I can say being ten tracks in is that this was a wise investment.

Ted

Indeed.

It might serve for your iPod, but without having a physical copy, you might as well get a cheap bootleg. Baah! Baah, I say!

- Marc, who has his TTT set nicely displayed between the FotR CR and The Omen Trilogy box set.

I detect no difference in sound quality between a purchase from iTunes and music from a CD. Let me listen to the same album on both formats and I won't know the difference. I agree about the liner notes, but I'd only read them once anyway, and I'll read them sometime. As for the DVD, I haven't played the DVD from the Fellowship score in 11 months of owning it, so I'm not missing much there. I have all the music for a smaller price and I am very happy with the result.

Ted