The Two Towers COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

Marian Schedenig

More Music from Braveheart has somewere between 7 and 10 minutes of clean, unreleased music from that film.

Everything else is either music with soundeffects and dialogue that sounds like it was lifted straight from a DVD or just a bunch of bagpipe music that has nothing NOTHING to do with the film.

The second Gladiator CD might have had some dialogue and synth samples on it but it was no were as bad.

Thankfully TTT CR will be nothing like this, it's being done properly and that's why I think is should be sold for no less then 100 Euro's!

I have both Gladiator albums and think the More Music from is great. Many cues on the CD have unreleased material in some form, and the rest is either experimental stuff/ demo versions or finished pieces that didn't make the film.

In fact, I've made an expanded playlist by mixing both albums (plus the clean, film version of Caravan in the Desert from deleted footage montage on the DVD) and it works well for me.

Braveheart's equivalent is nearly false advertising. Most of it is either not just the music, or isn't from the damn movie. Heck, one track is duplicated fom the OST ;)

And Steef, I didn't think it even had 7 mins of actual unreleased music. I've heard the album, and the only cue I liked was 'Outlawed Tunes on Outlawed Pipes'. God knows where that title came from and I can't imagine it was in the movie.

And Steef, I didn't think it even had 7 mins of actual unreleased music. I've heard the album, and the only cue I liked was 'Outlawed Tunes on Outlawed Pipes'. God knows where that title came from and I can't imagine it was in the movie.

Actually, I believe that's a quote from the film.

The More Music From Braveheart CD contains the following unreleased music:

The opening 43 seconds of the film that were missing from the OST.

Outlawed Tunes On Outlawed Pipes 2.03

The Royal Wedding 1.37

Scottish Wedding Music 1.14

Prima Noctes 1.46

Visions Of Murron 1.45

That's seven and a half minutes of unreleased music on a very long CD.

Well, to get back on topic: I don't understand why they would up the price for the set if the first one didn't quite fulfill their expectations. Aren't they aware that a higher price is generally not-so-well received by the consumer?

I think it can be interpreted (and valid) both ways - if the first set exceeded their expectations, they know a lot of people will want to buy the second one no matter what, and so they raise the price to take advantage of those 'sure sales'.

That's my cynical business analysis anyway ;)

I'm wondering if this has to do with greater production costs for this score. Going by what Doug has said in the past the assembly for this set seems much more complicated than Fellowship.

The price of the TTT CR set at Amazon.com has gone down to 68,49$ which is about about 54€. So it is not so bad after all. Now let us hope Amazon.uk drops the price as well (current price 48,99£=72€). The CR set is currently listed as import which probably raises the price of the set on that site.

Soundtrack.net

Disc 1

1. Glamdring 3:50

2. Elven Rope 2:19

3. Lost in Emyn Buil 4:14

4. My Precious 2:56

5. Ugluk's Warriors 1:41

6. The Three Hunters 6:12

7. The Banishment of Eomer 3:54

8. Night Camp 2:50

9. The Plains of Rohan 4:14

10. Fangorn 5:13

11. The Dead Marshes 5:07

12. "Wraiths on Wings" 2:07

13. Gandalf the White 6:47

14. The Dream of Trees 1:54

15. The Heir of Numenor 6:50

16. Ent-draught 2:53

Total Time: 63:01

Disc 2

1. Edoras 4:34

2. The Court of Meduseld 3:10

3. Theoden King (feat. "The Funeral of Theodred" performed by Miranda Otto) 6:12

4. The King's Decision 2:07

5. Exodus of Edoras 5:42

6. The Forests of Ithilien 6:37

7. One of the Dunedain (feat. "Evenstar" performed by Isabel Bayrakdarian) 7:13

8. The Wolves of Isengard 4:22

9. Refuge at Helm's Deep 3:59

10. The Voice of Saruman 1:11

11. Arwen's Fate (feat. "The Grace of the Valar" performed by Sheila Chandra) 3:58

12. The Story Foretold 3:58

13. Sons of the Steward 6:02

14. Rock and Pool 2:54

15. Faramir's Good Council 2:20

Total Time: 64:19

Disc 3

1. Aragorn's Return 2:11

2. War is Upon Us 3:35

3. "Where is the Horse and the Rider?" 6:15

4. The Host of the Eldar 2:50

5. The Battle of the Hornburg 2:52

6. The Breach of the Deeping Wall 3:03

7. The Entmoot Decides 2:06

8. Retreat (feat. "Haldir's Lament" performed by Elizabeth Fraser) 4:40

9. Master Peregrin's Plan 2:31

10. The Last March of the Ents (feat. Ben Del Maestro) 2:31

11. The Nazgul Attack 2:45

12. Theoden Rides Forth (feat. Ben Del Maestro) 5:47

13. The Tales That Really Matter 12:01

14. "Long Ways to Go Yet" (feat. "Gollum's Song" performed by Emiliana Torrini) 8:05

Total Time: 61:12

Grand Total Time: 3:08:12

;)

ttbk

"The Story Of The Steward"? That can't be correct, since it's supposed to contain Galadriel's "prologue" about the power of the ring growing.

Oh, what the hell:

beerchug

"Gandalf The White" seems to contain lots of unused stuff as it's 7 minutes long.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Other than that The Voice of Saruman should have been the name for the Gandalf/Théoden/Saruman stand-off at the beginning of RotK.

- Marc, who really doesn't care.

Now let us hope Amazon.uk drops the price as well (current price 48,99£=72€). The CR set is currently listed as import which probably raises the price of the set on that site.

It should end up lower if they actually get round to listing a domestic version instead of the import. All going well the Uk release SHOULD actually end up as the 6th of November. This is an exact repeat of last year with all UK retailers being characteristically late in listing the set. Play.com don't have it up yet, Amazon only the import, nothing on HMV or Virgin...etc. With luck it will surface for pre-order at the end of October with all the above..... or I will start to panic.

Last year, I pre-ordered on 11th November. Given that we're shifting everything forward a month, that means Amazon, Play, HMV etc should all have TTT listed by now.

If there's any kind of organisation, they'll have it listed soon...I hope. They're losing valuable pre-orders and information if they don't.

Hopefully they will list a domestic version next week. I notice Amazon France are currently only showing a US import too. Amazon Germany list it, not mention of it being import but the hefty price they're quoting for it might seem to indicate that it currently is.

Anyone want the bad news or the slightly less bad news? Amazon UK are now listing the domestic version… for the 27th of November! HMV are not much better, listing it as having a 17th. I'm inclined to believe the Amazon UK date more as it's a Monday. It’s America’s 20 day revenge for us getting the Fellowship set one day early.

I think we should not start fretting about it. I am sure the internet retailers just are as confused as they were last year about the release date.

Amazon UK have now moved it up a week to the 20th. HMV still show the 17th, but again of the two I am pushed to taking Amazon's date what with it being a Monday and all.

If the 20th is the real UK release, I think I will have to kill someone. I've specifically arranged to be at home for next weekend and a few days following that, so I can hear it first in a non-university environment

It does look as if it will be around that time, Rich. The latest they could possibly bring it up in line with the US release is next week if they want to surprise us and let us know it will in fact be out on the 6th or something.

Incidentally Woolworths are listing Friday the 17th like HMV. Woolworths, next to HMV and Amazon (who still say the 20th) are the only places online I know listing it at all. There's still nothing at Virgin or Play.com.

Incidentally Woolworths are listing Friday the 17th like HMV. Woolworths, next to HMV and Amazon (who still say the 20th) are the only places online I know listing it at all. There's still nothing at Virgin or Play.com.

Not that I know much about UK stores, but Tesco and The Hut have it, and they are both listing the 17th...

ttbk

A nice article ;) But it also made the wait a lot worse. I want the set already!

Perhaps Mike Brennan is not such a big fan of LotR music. He sure praises the music but he does not give full stars to the sets.