The Return Of The King COMPLETE RECORDINGS 4CD set

sandman609

Blegh.

Does Bijenkorf Amsterdam even have any soundtracks? I can never find them when I'm there.

Although I have a sneaking suspicion most of them will be musicals, pop compilations and leftover copies of Star Wars albums.

I saw the CR in stores here yesterday so you can imagine how frustrating it is to wait for it after that. I keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow though. And even if it is false hope it is hope none the less.

I finally ordered it at Screenarchives last week, because it seemed it wouldn't turn up here in the stores.

But now I'm worried that Screenarchives doesn't have any copies yet/or has already sold out the ones of the first pressing.

This is intolerable!

It's ridiculous. Whoever was responsible for distribution deserves any repercussions of the leaks online.

I ordered mine a day after someone else in the UK had theirs shipped from Axel and received it a day before him. There have been reports of the packaging falling apart as well - a guy on Amazon.com posted a picture of all four sides of the box broken - and one side of my set has a large crack :)

The music's amazing, but other than that...

Hearing for frodo several times, i came with the idea that Shore could have done something with the nature reclamation theme.

It could start with the soprano boy, while we see the moth, but in the instant the eagles sweep in, he could have made it merge into a grown male solo, mixed with the eagles shriek, as if nature has grown (up) tired of evil and thinks 'that's enough!'

But its damn fine as it is :P .He made it something similar though, since the full chorus enters as the eagles do.

Best scene in LOTR. ever :)

People would have just complained that that version of Nature's Reclamation had nothing to do with either nature of the Rohirrim, therefore he was lazy to use it and should have done something more original. Like a choral version of Fellowship.

People who have just complained that that version of Nature's Reclamation had nothing to do with either nature of the Rohirrim, therefore he was lazy to use it and should have done something more original. Like a choral version of Fellowship.

???

Are your really getting mad forn ot having the Set. Because i dont understand the statement at all :P

Who in is sanity would say that the nature's reclamation theme is ill placed in that scene?

Unless you were sarcastic...

OK, Edit with Stefan's edited post:

People would have just complained that that version of Nature's Reclamation had nothing to do with either nature of the Rohirrim, therefore he was lazy to use it and should have done something more original. Like a choral version of Fellowship.

Now i understand what you wanted to say (ironic after you called me illiterate! :P ).

But i was not implying that the choral version of the fellowip should be erased, it comes before the scene i was mentioning. I was just suggesting a 'fighting' rendition of the nature theme.

And as i said in up in the post, nature reclamation fits the moth-eagles like a glove. Since the very theme was created for them!.

I finally got the CR today after agonizing 2 weeks of waiting! And what a glorious score it is!!! :lol: Brilliant! Marvellous! Superb! Fantastic!

Im still waiting for my copy of it, think its going to be about a week before I get it and I simply can't wait, best score ive heard since Empire Strikes Back :devil:

Now that my torment is at an end I think I might set myself a new challenge.

I will listen to the first CD for 4 times before I will listen to the next one. Then I will listen to the second CD 4 times before listening to the next one etc...etc...

I really want to savour the experience of listening to new LOTR music as long as possible.

Then maybe you should set your stereo system on auto repeat and break off the button so that it stays this way.

By the way, I've pieced together two lengthier suites for RotK.

"The Battle Of The Pelennor Fields" (about 15 minutes), and "The End Of All Things" (around 11 minutes). If anyone's interested, you know what to do.

Now that my torment is at an end I think I might set myself a new challenge.

I will listen to the first CD for 4 times before I will listen to the next one. Then I will listen to the second CD 4 times before listening to the next one etc...etc...

I really want to savour the experience of listening to new LOTR music as long as possible.

I would recomend hearing the complete thing 4 times, instead of that.

I must be a terrible human being. I fast ordered my CR of Return of the King at Amazon last month, and it came in the mail last week.

I've listened to the first CD and most of the second, but that was in my car when the volume was LOUD then soft THEN LOUD then soft again. I've yet to take them to work so I'd have all day to listen to them.

So I feel the pain of those who haven't received their sets yet...but from the standpoint of sheer laziness, not slow mail delivery. And even then, only kinda sorta.

Yaaay, mine's already waiting for me at the post office, but I came home too late to pick it up ... :) So just another sleepless night ahead of me and firs thing in the morning, instead of the breakfast ... ;) ;)

im really upset, ive been trying everywhere to get this CD Boxset (ROTK CR) its really hard to get hold off, anyone know where i can get hold of a copy?

Anybody have any idea when that book of Doug's is coming out?

In about a year.

I got the ROTK CR for my birthday earlier this week. I am very happy now. :sigh:

In about a year.

Gee, really? :D Why so late? I thought he had it more or less already written by the time the last CR came out ... I was hoping I could already buy it during my visit to London one month from now. :( On the other hand, it seems kind of logical - LotR CR in 2005, TT CR in 2006, RotK CR in 2007 and Music of the LotR Films book in 2008. :lol:

In about a year.

Gee, really? :o Why so late? I thought he had it more or less already written by the time the last CR came out ... I was hoping I could already buy it during my visit to London one month from now. :( On the other hand, it seems kind of logical - LotR CR in 2005, TT CR in 2006, RotK CR in 2007 and Music of the LotR Films book in 2008. ;)

Doug Adams' upcoming book will also contain Rarities Disc(s) that contain many of the alternate/unused/demo compositions from the trilogy. The discs themselves are still in the planning stage and Doug is scouring the archives for all the material for the discs. We will have some rare treats to expect :)

So this process of creating these Rarities is also holding back the release of the book as they are released together.