The Return Of The King COMPLETE RECORDINGS 4CD set

sandman609

Shelob's Lair sequence sounds pretty much like Shore's own horror music from his previous scores. Se7en comes to mind. Paths of the Dead sequence sounds Shore's horror style as well. He sure loves those bowed cymbals :P

If I had to name some influence on Shelob's Lair music besides Shore's own scores it would be Herrmann.

I just bought the Fellowship CR. "Gilraen's Memorial," WOW! "The Ring Goes South" is one of my favorite tracks, and while I feel some of these cues are diminished by the bookending of EE material, this one only benefits from it.

What's the best price everyone has seen? B&N have it for $52.48 ($47.23 for members) but is there any cheaper?

I'm wanting to pre-order this baby and I'm a real bargain hunter (read tightass).

Osgiliath Invaded now....

OH WOW! Its Gandalf arriving at Gondor during the invasion! Unused Fellowship theme usage!

I've been on a Rotk fast for two weeks now, and I'm not about to break it :)

I kept SS on long enough to hear the end of the Lady in the Water cue. And at 32k the quality sucked. Wouldn't be the way to treat LotR.

32k?

I'm getting 128k. It's still basically crap compared to CD quality, but it's more than enjoyable.

By the way, I've been on a ROTK fast for at least six months, I deserve this, dammit! :)

Isn't it kind of late in Austria?

Anyway, why is this a cheap constitute? It's not CD quality, but it's perfectly enjoyable.

EDIT: That should be "substitute" there. A testament that it's indeed quite late in the European regions of this earth ...

Yeah Georg you are making this wait a hell of a lot harder for us who have been abstaining ourselves for months from listening to this music so that the joy of experiencing it would be greater when we hear the real deal when it comes out. I am feeling an awful lot of temptation at the moment.

Do not tempt me Georg! For through me this music would wield a power far too great and terrible to imagine!!!

-Mikko who has been on a RotK fast for better part of the year-

so i clicked the itunes one, and something popped up on itunes and started playing music that is apparently from 2001: a space oddysey. how do i get to listen to rotk? do i have to register?

Click on "Station", and then "Queue/Playlist". You'll see the list of tracks that will play within the next hour. ROTK is on the end or the beginning of the cylce (depends on how you look at it).

Long story short: Every 55 minutes or so a new piece.

Next one is "For Frodo".

@ all the waiting and dieting people

I suggest you dig yourself a hole into the ground and stick both fingers into your ears then. This is a legitimate thing, and the actual release is three weeks away.

"In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit ..."

They don't have a separate CD *search* (for whatever stupid reason), but a general search still finds CDs and music DVDs. Looks like they don't have ROTK in their database yet though.

I'd also recommend checking play.com, as I was going to do myself, but lately the customs have begun to realize that they're not shipping from the UK, but from Jersey, which isn't part of the EU... so that might get expensive for me (I'm paying about 30 euros extra for those DS9 seasons).

Isn't it kind of late in Austria?

"Late" is relative.

Anyway, why is this a cheap constitute? It's not CD quality, but it's perfectly enjoyable.

It was jokingly in part. But it's cheap because it's uncomfortable, of lower quality, and bits and pieces from the entire thing. I'll wait until I can sit down and listen to the whole score from beginning to end with great sound.

Also, it's not just being able to listen to the whole thing, but holding that big case in your hand, gently folding the pages of the booklet for the first time, and seeing all three Complete Recordings sets on your shelf. Ooooh yeah....

Well, it isn't as painful when you know that you could listen to one or two pieces in case you can't sleep anymore.

Although I realise that for those people with nerves of steel who hold out, it will be another week of excruciating anticipation.

Oh how nice. A delay. Disappointing yes, surprising no. And yes very excruciating.

At this point we should know to add a week or two to whatever the initial release date is. This is actually good for me, this lets me have a week between this and my other big November purchase that I've been saving up for, Series 3 of Doctor Who.

I forgot about that - can't wait for it. I've seen the tracklist and it's got some awesome music on it, hopefully including the cue played in the Xmas special with Catherine Tate, during the car chase.

Edit - hardly a big purchase is it?

I forgot about that - can't wait for it. I've seen the tracklist and it's got some awesome music on it, hopefully including the cue played in the Xmas special with Catherine Tate, during the car chase.

Edit - hardly a big purchase is it?

I'm talking about the DVD set, it comes out in the US November 6. :)

What is more or less the point of 'Resistance' here?

Most of the music is heard on the movie already... I doubt any samples countain truly unused music...

I mean, this is not listening the score for the 1st time, then i would comprehend...