The Return Of The King COMPLETE RECORDINGS 4CD set

sandman609

Cool observation: when we see Mount Doom explode, the choir sings the lines:

Beneath the ground

Swollen hot with anger

Orodruin releases all its ruin

from the poem "The Mountain Of Fire".

that's a spoiler... for the people who didnt want to read the anotated score...

And yet, life goes on.

Wow, I didn't think they gave these out on iTunes. I'm still defenetly gonna buy it normally, though.

And how is iTunes lower sound quality than the CD (unless you're reffering to the DVD)?

Obviously because the music in the movie is tracked and does NOT feature the line of the poem.

2 - 0

<_<

Then..why the liner notes in the OST feature that poem?

It makes no sense. If the poem is not on the OST why put them?

heck i'm not arguing here, i just want to know if the OST doesnt feature that music (if i understood well) why it has the lyrics.

Its like if in a pop album you had the lirics for a song, and the CD didnt have that song...

I don't remember if it was or wasn't on the album.

It's just been said here that it wasn't in the movie...

Oddly enough, I can't find the text in my OST booklet, though. <_<

Anyhoo.

FSM's latest podcast features the RotK Q&A. I'd post a link for you all, except I can't find one. You can download or subscribe to it for free in the iTunes store.

I don't remember if it was or wasn't on the album.

It's just been said here that it wasn't in the movie...

Oddly enough, I can't find the text in my OST booklet, though. <_<

Anyhoo.

FSM's latest podcast features the RotK Q&A. I'd post a link for you all, except I can't find one. You can download or subscribe to it for free in the iTunes store.

:P then the referee should cancel one of gkgyver's 'scored goals'

Yes! I've been waiting for this!

Ahem, fommes posted the link on the last page:

http://fsmpodcast.libsyn.com/

heck i'm not arguing here, i just want to know if the OST doesnt feature that music (if i understood well) why it has the lyrics.

Its like if in a pop album you had the lirics for a song, and the CD didnt have that song...

The lyrics can be found on the Limited Edition of the RotK soundtrack which came with a booklet with a bunch of lyrics from the cues in the film. These lyrics are not necessarily from tracks that are on the CD. This info on the lyrics has been in the net for ages.

Also the regular OST features only Into the West, Andúril and Destruction of the Ring (track The End of All Things on the OST with Renee Fleming singing) lyrics.

Ahem, fommes posted the link on the last page:

http://fsmpodcast.libsyn.com/

I know.

It was right after my post.

- Marc, who reported it first, darnit!

The lyrics can be found on the Limited Edition of the RotK soundtrack which came with a booklet with a bunch of lyrics from the cues in the film. These lyrics are not necessarily from tracks that are on the CD. This info on the lyrics has been in the net for ages.

Also the regular OST features only Into the West, Andúril and Destruction of the Ring (track The End of All Things on the OST with Renee Fleming singing) lyrics.

thanks

I like track samples, though.

Well, what I do know is that iTunes is selling the album for about $35 less than where I'd buy it otherwise. Yes, the sound quality may not be exactly the same, and I don't get the DVD or liner notes (the former of which I'd never listen to and the latter I have read already once), but I think it's a reasonable buy. $25 for almost four hours of brilliant film score writing is a steal. I can now save that $35 for purchasing a book, a DVD, or I can just save it. Either way, I'm happy. And I have the entire score.

Ted

It's customary for people to gloat and post about them receiving highly anticipated releases.

Who am I to change that tradition?

:unsure: The Siege of Gondor

I was refering to the fact that you did get it earlier than anyone, not your 'gloating'...

$25 for almost four hours of brilliant film score writing is a steal. I can now save that $35 for purchasing a book, a DVD, or I can just save it. Either way, I'm happy. And I have the entire score.

As far as I'm concerned, $25 for 128kbit encoded music (I think that was the bitrate of this release?) is stealing... :unsure:

Next week should be a great one for meas far as film scores go. Mysterious Island, Farenheit 451, ROTK and Alien should all be in my hands.

$25 for almost four hours of brilliant film score writing is a steal. I can now save that $35 for purchasing a book, a DVD, or I can just save it. Either way, I'm happy. And I have the entire score.

As far as I'm concerned, $25 for 128kbit encoded music (I think that was the bitrate of this release?) is stealing... ;)

Well, paying an extra $35 for sound quality that I would otherwise barely notice is just a poor investment, for me at least. I don't doubt that the iTunes version has lesser sound quality, but since I do not listen to scores on premium sound systems, the quality sounds very similar to me.

Ted

I have finished my first listen to the full score.

Wonderful. Really wonderful.

I need to go back and re-listen to everything from The Mouth of Sauron to The Fellowship Reunited. There's too much goodness there to take in all at once.

And now there will just be the year-long wait for the book and the rarities disc to make the set really complete... 8O

I received an e-mail twenty minutes after this was first posted (which was at 9:33 PM CET) that my order had been shipped.

Hurray! ;)

I have finished my first listen to the full score.

Wonderful. Really wonderful.

I need to go back and re-listen to everything from The Mouth of Sauron to The Fellowship Reunited. There's too much goodness there to take in all at once.

How is it on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)?

The whole thing?

9, probably. A near 10 if you take the packaging and presentation into account. I'm not too prone to ratings.

Its length is a problem when wanting to listen to the full thing, though. It takes nearly four hours...

Having said that, I still wouldn't want to miss a second of this.

:lol: The Sacrifice of Faramir - Featuring "The Edge of Night"