The Music Of The Lord Of The Rings Films - Doug Adams' Book & Rarities Archive

John Takis

No wait - Kurtwood Smith as Conrad Pope would be even better. And yes, the role must be filled by a classic 80s action villain actor.

But who could play Shore?

Merchant would offer a certain type of Doug, that's for sure.

I'm starting to wonder if we should get Kyle MacLachlan as Shore. It's far from ideal but grey his hair up a bit and we could be onto something.

kyle-maclachlan_510x317.jpg

18 hours ago, Doug Adams said:

Both books are essentially done. On Impossible Silence, we wrapped up editing last spring and completed music example engraving this summer. We are now finalizing end notes (which is no small task as there are easily a thousand). Layout will go quickly as this book is primarily text.

Hobbit is written and assembled in a temp layout (and has been for some time), but won't go to final proofing/layout until the studio gives the go-ahead.

Fantastic. Cannot wait for both. :)

Karol

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Fantastic. Cannot wait for both. :)

Karol

Ditto!

I want it released just so I can read how Doug deals as diplomatically as possible with all the changes PJ forced upon AUJ!

"Shore brilliantly uses The Nazgul Theme as the enraged Thorin walks towards Azog. Thorin had become a force or natu...eeehhh...no wait.....Forget it! I've got nothing!"

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I want it released just so I can read how Doug deals as diplomatically as possible with all the changes PJ forced upon AUJ!

"Shore brilliantly uses The Nazgul Theme as the enraged Thorin walks towards Azog. Thorin had become a force or natu...eeehhh...no wait.....Forget it! I've got nothing!"

"I can't tell you as you haven't see the next two film... never mind" 

Unless the book has a tell all chapter on what really went down between Shore and Jackson, from King Kong through The Hobbit, including dirt on Pope, then no sale.

A Shortcut to the Scoring Sessions

A Journey in the Dark - The Music of the Hobbit Films