The Lord Of The Rings General Discussion Thread

Faleel

I don't collect WETA stuff (the Blu-ray/DVD statues aside), but every once in a while they release an awesome piece I'd love to have (Thror on his Throne, Armoured Azog, the Front Gate of Erebor). This looks to be another:

https://www.facebook.com/WetaWorkshop/videos/10153000439347303/

It looks just like the film version. It is its purpose after all.

I don't collect WETA stuff (the Blu-ray/DVD statues aside), but every once in a while they release an awesome piece I'd love to have (Thror on his Throne, Armoured Azog, the Front Gate of Erebor).

9750923.jpg

That being said, the Grond thing looks fantastic.

Go pleasure yourself over Link

It looks just like the film version. It is its purpose after all.

Well yes, but I like the less metallic-looking texture here, and the lack of fire gives it a "classy" touch.

I blame Alvar. He's broken poor Barny! Used to be such a pleasant chap until he meddled into things!

Come now Barny. We are all here to help! First park that piglet you are riding and then we'll talk.

battlepig.jpg?w=660&h=348

• 1 month later...

It is about creating the Gollum statue that came with the collector's edition, a little documentary on Weta Sideshow basically.

Ah right. That's not really worth getting so.

Those sets were super expensive when they came out (I was 11, 12, and 13 for each one) so I had to go for the cheaper standard release without the statues that still set me back 50 each!

• 2 months later...

The Return Of King fan poster by Dan Mumford (the same guy who did a series of fan posters for The Force Awakens): http://www.frenchpaperartclub.com/en/dan-mumfrod/514-return-of-the-king-screenprint-by-dan-mumford.html

Note: In a few weeks, this release will be followed by "The Two Towers" & "The Fellowship of the Ring" by Dan Mumford.

return-of-the-king-screenprint-by-dan-mu

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
10 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

I want to be friends with Viggo.

So do I and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

I see this subforum is pretty inactive nowadays. Any chance of it ever being moved out of GD? Or at least repositioned so that I don't have to scroll past its redundancy every time I open the site? 

qrpSXRE.jpg

See! 

It'd just be nice to have the legend that is JWFan General Discussion actually look like the place upon opening it up. The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien taking up the prime page real estate in the massively popular mobile view doesn't really make any sense, especially to casual visitors to the site. But hey ho, just my opinion. 

Carry on. 

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think everything's fine just the way it is

I agree.

24 minutes ago, mstrox said:

There is sure to be at least one more "blow-up" on this forum, once Doug's book comes out.  Ideally we'd see three more blow-ups in the form of Complete Recordings, too...

Definitely the case and the same minority will be complaining again. 

Everything is fine as is.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

@Quint If you use View New Concert instead of manually browsing the forum options you'll never see that, of course.

I was using that for a while but I begun to notice that due to my browsing habits here I would sometimes miss threads. So I returned to using GD as my landing spot when opening the site. 

10 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But is it the way of the JWFANs?

Who knows? But the statistics reckon that unregistered guests would be more likely to be holding a phone when browsing here than they would be sitting in front of a computer. 

1 hour ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Definitely the case and the same minority will be complaining again. 

Oh shut up, I'm not really complaining. It was simply an observational idea. 

And if you want to get into "minority" finger pointing, I don't think a graveyard subforum is a good place to be coming at it from. 

Ringers sure are sensitive fuckers aren't they.