Williams to begin composing for Chamber of Secrets on Monday

IrishCal24

Just checking The Leaky Cauldron for the latest Potter news, and there was a link to a Boston Globe article stating that Williams has seen a rough cut of the film and will begin work on CoS in L.A. on June 3rd. The rest of the article is a short review of Friday's concert.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is indeed excting news. I'm really looking forward to this movie, and now I can relax as I know Mr. Williams is scoring it. I don't know what I would have done if Ken Thorne was brought on board to do it. :)

Neil

This is indeed excting news.  I'm really looking forward to this movie, and now I can relax as I know Mr. Williams is scoring it.  I don't know what I would have done if Ken Thorne was brought on board to do it.  :)

We told ya so! :P

Justin - :)

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.... You get the drift!!!!!

Has anyone ever confirmed John's official involvement with Chamber of Secrets? :)

Brilliantly wicked news

Oh, goody! Does anyone know when he'll record it? Looks quite early for him to start scoring - lets hope he has all the time he wants (not that he needs that much, but I guess more time is always a good thing).

Marian - excited.

:mrgreen: The Blue Planet (George Fenton)

I think he's starting early because both Harry Potter 2 and Catch me if you Can are so close together. That way he'll have time for both without having to rush. I just hope that doesn't mean that because it is a rough cut, his music might be cut up because of further editing....?!?!?!??!??!???!!!!

The article makes no mention of when actual recording will begin. Isn't it to be recorded with the LSO this time around? If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say September. Columbus isn't going to have much time to tinker with the film during editing, so I doubt the score will be hacked.

Have you guys seen the 10 CoS stills at Entertainment Weekly? There are some great pictures of the Chamber and what looks to be an early conceptual CG model of Dobby, which greatly resembles the illustration from the American novels. Enjoy!

The latest rumor regarding the trailer was that it will be attached to prints of Scooby Doo on June 14th. Though nothing is confirmed, it would seem a likely choice as it coincides with Columbus' comments, last month, when he said the trailer was just weeks from being released.

didn't John begin conducting the score in July of last year? I don't remember for sure.

We can expect the 1st trailer fairly soon.

Look for Star Trek X, Nemisis on Men in Black II,

I would expect Chamber to be on a Warners' film.

LOTR TT fans can expect their big screen preview soon as well.

I just hope that doesn't mean that because it is a rough cut, his music might be cut up because of further editing....?!?!?!??!??!???!!!!

Oh, I hope not! On the other hand, it could mean that all scenes that might be cut from the final film and end up on the DVD (hopefully easily accessible next time) might have Williams score. :mrgreen:

Marian - optimistic.

I just hope that doesn't mean that because it is a rough cut, his music might be cut up because of further editing....?!?!?!??!??!???!!!!

Oh, I hope not! On the other hand, it could mean that all scenes that might be cut from the final film and end up on the DVD (hopefully easily accessible next time) might have Williams score. :jump:

Marian - optimistic.

The score wasn't all cut up in the first film,why should it be in this one.Williams seems pretty passionate about the Harry Potter series,not only is he the one who asked to score them,but he even took the time to write original music for 2 trailers the first time around.I expect a top notch job again,unlike whatever he composed for Attack of the Clones.

K.M.

I sure hope Columbus dosen't track in the battle music from Potter 1 into the final battle in Potter 2. :jump:

Also is the rumor of the LSO performing Potter 2 true?

Justin

The Leaky Cauldron reported earlier that LSO was to record the score in September.

Its a rumor until confirmed but I bet it is true.

Has anyone ever confirmed John's official involvement with Chamber of Secrets?  :(

You know this has been discussed before... DON'T YOU? :(

Earlier this year there was an 'unofficial confirmation' of Williams involvement in the next two chapters of the HP saga. You remember that, DON'T YOU? :evil: :jump: :twisted:

http://jwfan.net/jwfan-old/harrypotter

Ricard, I was being sardonic. I remember the article too. I was just making fun of all the is John confirmed for HPII yet questions.

Joe, Harry Potter's #1 fan, though not the Annie Wilkes kind.

The Leaky Cauldron reported earlier that LSO was to record the score in September

The original report (which did not cite any source whatsoever) appeared on Dark Horizons.

Its a rumor until confirmed but I bet it is true.

You're correct, it's still a rumor... but I don't bet on it... :jump:

Ricard, I was being sardonic.  I remember the article too.  I was just making fun of all the is John confirmed for HPII yet questions.

I know. That's why I posted the emoticons... :evil: :twisted:

And I posted the link just in case someone wasn't aware of that confirmation.

I would expect Chamber to be on a Warners' film.

I'm hoping it's on Scooby Doo since that is coming out on the 14th, and there was a Scooby Doo teaser on Harry Potter last year. That would be so sweet. Of course, then we'd have to see Scooby Doo, so maybe it's not that good of an idea. :thumbup:

Neil

If it is attached to Scooby Doo, at least it'll most likely be on the Quicktime website the same day. I don't think even the combo of the Harry Potter trailer and Sarah Michelle Gellar in low cut tops is anywhere near enough incentive to pay to see Scooby Doo. :thumbup:

Pardon me, i'm just going to ramble a bit!

Well, if it's going to be released in November, then JW and co. usually have less than a month to record the score.

Since scoring, then sound mixing, are some of the last things to fill in post-production, I'd believe that August-September feels about right for recording HP score. That gives October for sound then producing the finished product for November.

So, if he's starting now, then he has around 2-3 months to create in his LA studio! Also I don't think Columbus even involves himself with tinkering JW's stuff,not like George; Chris probably lets JW do it his way.... at least i think so.

Yikes! JW's done a lot this year!! Olympics, Oscars,Tangelwood, ET. And now composing HP2?! My God! I can't believe he's still on his feet!! I hope he takes a break! He deserves it!

Maybe it's just me, but it's perplexing to see people pay $6-8 just to see a 2 min preview trailer and then walk out.....WB trailers don't just play in WB movies. I just saw New Line's Matrix 2+3 preview in AOTC. And AOTC preview was played during Monsters Inc. But if you're marketing to kids, Scooby Doo would be a logical place to have the HP preview. And probably "Spirit" the movie would be good. or "Lilo and Stitch".

Also, LOTR 2 years to finish: Bad; Matrix 2+3 1 year to finsh: Good!!

Here's some stupid useless trivia, did you know that the old 1950's cartoon voice of Shaggy was done by Casey Kasem, an American DJ.

Oh, and another thing....DRACO!!!! :thumbup: :? :music: what happened to him?! He looks like too old to play a 12 yr old

I am so excited to watch the trailer and the movie for HP. He did such a good job with the music. . .it grows on me more and more everyday.

i just hope that not only are the deleted scenes easier to get to: but they are LONGER! I was let down at the deleted scenes on the HPatSS. They felt like 10 seconds long.

The reason I think that they are putting the trailer in front of Scooby Doo, is to get people in the theatre to see the film. It's probably really bad, so it's good marketing to put a highly anticipated trailer in front of it.

The trailer is complete, or almost anyway. The Leaky Cauldron has posted some low-quality stills and an mp3 of the audio track. The music is nothing new and no video is available yet.

Also, the official site has posted a scan of the teaser poster