Lord of the Rings Trilogy Live to Projection - Lincoln Center, New York City, April 2015

Barnald

Probably a more organized front of touring the LOTR live shows - maybe a touring orchestra, like the Star Wars Live show they did for a few years?

I was a bit bummed, they didn't bring TTT to Wolf Trap this year, even though FOTR sold extremely well last year. Maybe TTT and ROTK will come my way some day through @LOTR2015

Well I wouldn't mind LotR EE Live concerts. And I hope they would come our way. Our LotR fun began and ended with FotR here in Finland. Sadly no subsequent concert was announced for TTT or RotK.

Would the average concert goer really care about wether the films of the live to projection concerts are the theatrical's or the EE's?

Nah! But I would. And I wasn't expressing anything more or less than my personal wish.

I expect this will be the LOTR SE's.

Updated special effects and changes in the content to bring it more in line with the Hobbit trilogy. Replacing Ian Holm in the FOTR prologue etc.

I can't wait to see the AUJ quality Gollum in these films!

Or it might be the announcement of The Hobbit films live concerts.

Karol

Well that was my first guess. Which of course would be very cool. If they ever came near Finland to perform it.

Under the name LOTR?

If say use The Hobbit name, things would have been obvious. No announcement would be needed.

I know, I know. The logic isn't exactly sound.

Whatever it is, I hope it comes to London (or some other nearby place).

Karol

Updated special effects and changes in the content to bring it more in line with the Hobbit trilogy. Replacing Ian Holm in the FOTR prologue etc.

It is about time Jackson takes his Lucas-fying of LotR to its final stage!

I think there are not enough orchestras and choirs to go around playing it in every country. Darnation!

The FotR Live performed in Finland was to my knowledge packed but still there has not been a word of TTT. I am sure it would have been a surefire seller like its predecessor. Perhaps some other difficulties with the production stopped it from being performed at New York as I think it would have been sold out.

The Radio City performances were very well attended. Totally electric atmosphere in the place with all of those people. Something more insidious must have gotten in the way of doing ROTK.

It is about time Jackson takes his Lucas-fying of LotR to its final stage!

LOTR's wargs and FOTR's gollum have their days counted, i'm sure.

Not just FOTR's Gollum, surely?

TTT and ROTK are fine though. I wouldn't be against an update but they're not desperately in need of change.

• 2 weeks later...