STRANGER THINGS

Jay

1 hour ago, TSMefford said:

Yeah. They don't look THAT much older when they're in the world of the show.  I figured 2022. Likely March. Maybe slightly earlier. 

Looks cool! Also excited for more music by Dixon & Stein.

I notice that the new circular aspect ratio of the avatars ruins your aspect ratio avatar. :lol:

EDIT: Fixed!

2 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

I notice that the new circular aspect ratio of the avatars ruins your aspect ratio avatar. :lol:

It's still square for me in the dark theme, but I guess I'll have to come up with a... solution to that.

Whoever came up with circular avatars in the first place, anyway? They're everywhere, and it's not like they save space or anything - all they do is crop a lot (of often relevant stuff) off the original avatar image and replace it with irrelevant background.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So season 4 is split into 2 parts.... with only a 5 week gap in between them?  That's even smaller than Saul's gap.  

oh, it's to have each half viable for separate Emmy awards, isn't it?

The last paragraph seems to hint at upcoming spinoffs. Unless they're saying that S4 is going resolve Eleven's and Hopper's storylines and S5 will deal with the remaining stuff (but that's unlike, right?)

• 1 month later...

I think it's really cool that Robert Englund is in the new season. To have the actor who played Freddy Krueger for so long, an iconic horror character and actor, be in Strange Things I think is exciting.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

It's another Hobbit/Hunger Games/Harry Potter/Dune move!

with Emperor Palpatine at the end controlling everything all along.

first thing that popped into my head at the end of that trailer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2022 at 1:48 AM, badbu said:

any infos about the score? release date etc?

Nothing like that yet. This is the latest from Michael Stein's Instagram:

ST4 Score News 01.JPG

ST4 Score News 02.JPG

Sounds like it will be a single OST album as Season 2 and Season 3 were.

Well, Season 2 was depending on where you got it from. Some places it was one release, others it was two, but all the same material.

Here's hoping it's long considering the extra huge length of this season. I personally found Season 3's OST a bit too short. Season 2 left off a couple of nice cues as well.

Speaking of...

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Super excited for this.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this here, but after Season 1 came out, these have been events for me.

I take the day of release off, so that I can get to bed early the day before and watch it right when it goes live.

I rarely do it for anything, but it's fun to go for it with this show...going to be more difficult than usual this year with the lengthier episodes! Lol.

Can't complain though, it'll be nearly two seasons in one!

4 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this here, but after Season 1 came out, these have been events for me.

I take the day of release off, so that I can get to bed early the day before and watch it right when it goes live.

I rarely do it for anything, but it's fun to go for it with this show...going to be more difficult than usual this year with the lengthier episodes! Lol.

Can't complain though, it'll be nearly two seasons in one!

I do the same thing. It's really cool. I watch it usually with a friend of mine in a binch with some small breaks.

I think there are only 1 other show I do that with: The Umbrella Academy

19 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Super excited for this.

I've been looking forward to this very much. I've been planning to re-watch the existing three seasons before the new one comes out, but I've been delayed, so I probably won't have time to even begin with that until after the new one is already available.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

If you're wanting to see them, just head over to the Stranger Things spoilers subreddit "HawkinsAVClub" - I've heard they are there, but I'm not looking.

I am more excited about Love Death and Robots

7 hours ago, badbu said:

the last cue from episode 3 is amazing! Can’t wait for the score! And I love it so far!!!!!

Okay that cue is not from them. It’s a fantasy metal band Michael Stein said. Anyone know that track? 

4 hours ago, badbu said:

Okay that cue is not from them. It’s a fantasy metal band Michael Stein said. Anyone know that track? 

Actually, yes I know it. I discovered them a few years ago due to having a similar sound as the show and thought this track would be GREAT in the show.

I was so shocked and thrilled to hear it. Here it is:

To me, it does sound like there are some new overlays on it in the show. Those could be from Michael Stein & Kyle Dixon or they could've reached out to the band to write those.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I just cannot get into this show anymore. It’s lost the charm for me now that the cast are basically adults.

After the lame last season I lost interest.

Any chance of me giving it another chance vanished when I saw the length of the episodes

6 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

I'm with you @JNHFan2000

YESS. I'm just so excited about everything that has to do with this series.

Sad to see it end after Season 5 but I'm confident that the Duffer Brothers will make it a worthy end.

And I believe they already have 3 spin-off series/movies planned

I Love the Nightmare on Elm Street allusions - the death was not as gruesome as Tina's in Elm Street 1, but tough for a kids show. Especially the score with its hammering synth in total sync Badalamenti from Nightmare 3!

8 hours ago, thestat said:

I Love the Nightmare on Elm Street allusions - the death was not as gruesome as Tina's in Elm Street 1, but tough for a kids show. Especially the score with its hammering synth in total sync Badalamenti from Nightmare 3!

For someone who hates the cracking of bones. The deaths in Stranger Things were hell. I hated it! So I loved it. HAHHAH

I thought it was out of gas but its been extremely well handled. Cannot wait to see how it ends