STRANGER THINGS

Jay

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

I enjoyed the latest episodes too but why they need to be this long is beyond me. It's needs tightening up.

Karol

Yes, while it doesn't necessarily feel like there's lots of filler, it does feel like they're trying to indulge people a little too much. Like going to McDonalds and them offering you super super super size.

Long is better. Oh we're talking tv not sex oh okay

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

Yes, while it doesn't necessarily feel like there's lots of filler, it does feel like they're trying to indulge people a little too much. Like going to McDonalds and them offering you super super super size.

Hard disagree. Honestly so tired of this idea these days that we have to move move move. I appreciate the show letting moments breath and letting the characters linger a little more. 

Stranger Things 4x05 The Nina Project

Well, if episode 4 had a very strong "end of act 1" feel, this was very much a "start of act 2" feel - lots of scene-setting going on here.  Lots of good stuff though!

I liked the reveal that Owens and Brenner are actually working together!  BTW, didn't Brenner die in the first season?  It's been a while but I thought that was what happened.  I thought they had pretty good effects going on to show Eleven mostly as her current self inserted into events from 7 years prior in the Hawkins lab when she was 8 or whatever, occasionally showing her actual 8-year-old self in mirrors or flashes, etc.  I couldn't really figure out what Brenner and Owens were hoping to have her find out in these memories, but I suppose that will be revealed in the future.  I also wondered if her getting her powers back (briefly? permanently?) was the main goal, a side goal, or an unintended side effect.  BTW, there's no chance in hell that MBB shaved her head again for the show, right?  It's a little longer than before because its a wig this time yes?

The one Hopper scene was kind of interesting; I had forgotten about his backstory with his dead daughter, and thought the new info that he was an agent orange maker in 'Nam and as a result knew the risks having children would bring was pretty intense.  I still wonder what the point is of showing him in Russia for this much screen time, other than I suppose it allows a bunch of child murders to keep happening in Hawkins without him there as sheriff to actually do something about it.  Now that a third child has died I wonder if federal backup will be coming into town...

I liked the clue Agent Harmon gave to the boys before he died, and that they heard a modem on the other end.  I had no clue who Mike was talking about when he said they knew a hacker in Utah, until it hit me: Dustin's girlfriend!  That should be fun!  Argyle was pretty funny in this episode, though I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't actually smoke weed at all and is just faking it.

Holy hell, Murray going into full karate mode on the plane was pretty fun!  I think his character is a really great addition to the show.  The crash landing was kind cool and man I have no freaking clue how they are going to get themselves to Hopper from wherever they are, unless their story will go in some completely different direction or something

I loved the scooby gang investigating the Creel house!  It was so clever when Steve realized they could use the lights to see where Vecna was in the upside down.  There's gotta be some reason Vecna has set up shop in the Upside Down version of the Creel house; is it just because Victor's family was his first victims?  The earlier scene of Nancy piecing together Max's drawings to figure out it was his house was kinda funny - how convenient that she drew everyone to the same scale and from the same angle!

The basketball boys finding Eddie was unfortunate, and boy I didn't realize Patrick's time was already up!  I liked the simultaneous nature of the scooby gang all forming a circle around where Vecna was (similar to the circle of lights in the Hawkins lab flashbacks?) as he did his thing and bent Patrick's body in front of Jason and Eddie.  The question is, will Jason and the other basketball boys now be on our heroes' side, or he will he double-down on assuming Eddie is behind it?  Oh, of course it'll be the latter

Murray gets MVP for me this season.  He was always clever and subversive, but he's grown some serious balls.  They really want you to like him now, and it's working.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Well, if episode 4 had a very strong "end of act 1" feel, this was very much a "start of act 2" feel - lots of scene-setting going on here.  Lots of good stuff though!

Either this or the next episode is easily the "weakest" of the season for me (because after the peak of episode 4, there's not really much happening to advance the story). But as you say, it's still good stuff.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The earlier scene of Nancy piecing together Max's drawings to figure out it was his house was kinda funny - how convenient that she drew everyone to the same scale and from the same angle!

She probably just draw different fragments of her mental image from one POV in the Upside Down. Even if the house is deconstructed there, I guess the individual parts haven't been rotated or scaled, just moved apart. It's probably pointless to analyse stuff like that, because it gets very meta very quickly, but it doesn't seem much of a stretch to me that she would draw it this way.

On 24/06/2022 at 3:46 PM, Jay said:

There's gotta be some reason Vecna has set up shop in the Upside Down version of the Creel house; is it just because Victor's family was his first victims?

All very good things to be wondering about. I shall say no more!

Stranger Things 4x06 The Dive

Oh damn, Sullivan torturing the living agent of Owens that was trying to protect the kid was kinda brutal; he's supposed to be a good guy?  Or is he a splinter group of the government and not actually reporting to the Pentagon any more?  Hmmm.

The deep dive into what happened to 7/8 year old Eleven in 1979 is pretty interesting.  I've had my eye on that orderly guy as someone who would probably end up important in some way, and him telling her to use memories that are both sad and angry to help with her powers was sort of interesting - her entire life has been a mixture of sad and angry!  I wasn't surprised that Eleven used this knowledge to win the circle game, however I think the consequences - the boy who lost to her (#2) and goons beating her up afterwards - are a red herring.  They want you to think she killed them all eventually ("What did you do?") as retaliation for this, but now I'm sure that won't be the case.  The strangest scene in all this was Brenner having the orderly tortured by the other orderlies... Damn!

The whole sequence at Suzie's house in Utah was a blast!  I loved the crazy antics all of Suzie's siblings were getting into, and her statement about how her father freaked out that she was dating an agnostic.  An agnostic!  I liked the Eden character too, who looked exactly like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club.  I couldn't figure out if she was supposed to be Suzie's oldest sibling or a babysitter, but Argyle's instant attraction to her was funny, as was him getting her to come along on their drive to Nevada, and Suzie to (at least I think they are both going to join?).  The technobabble Suzie said when she was hacking into the Nina Project's modem was ludicrous, and some was not invented yet in 1986, but whatevs

The Murray/Joyce scenes continue to be some of my favorites (even though they really haven't given Joyce much to do yet this year).  I liked how they got Yuri to lead them into town, and thought it was kinda funny that the church Hopper briefly hid in actually had a stash of weapons in it!  Speaking of Hopper, I like how he figured out the meal was because they were getting plumped up to satisfy the demogorgon, and that he stages a fight in order to get some vodka and a lighter (and delay their feeding I suppose).

Oh man, of course you knew Jason was going to double-down on believing Eddie is responsible for all the deaths after witnessing Patrick's death, and I wasn't surprised that him and the basketball boys charging into the police chief's town galvanizes the whole town against Eddie and the rest of the Hellfire Club.  It was interesting to see the current chief fail at having a good talk with the town - something Hopper would have had control of if he were there.

I liked the bondings that form in this episode with the remaining characters - Lucas and Max get close again, and Nancy and Robin admit they are friends now.  I also really liked that Dustin thought he knew how to find Skull Rock using his compass, but Steve recognized the place from his player days, which leads to Dustin realizing there must be an Upside Down gate nearby.  Of course it's in Lover's Lake - we already knew there was a gate in Eddie's trailer on the ceiling (though that one looked covered up somehow).  I loved that the 4 older kids grouped together in the boat to investigate, while the kids stayed behind and eventually had to lure the police away.  I liked that Steve was bold enough to go investigate on his own and found the gate, but smart enough to go back and tell the others instead of just diving in... but then the Upside Down tentacles pull him in anyway!  The brief scene on the other side was pretty brutal, with crazy bat beast things attacking him pretty handily.  What a cliffhanger!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The technobabble Suzie said when she was hacking into the Nina Project's modem was ludicrous, and some was not invented yet in 1986, but whatevs

What specifically? I tried to keep up when I watched it, but it was too much too fast to decide if everything is accurate or what might be anachronistic or just (then) bleeding edge.

Look at all the <div> tags on screen - those weren't invented until the mid 90s

And would anybody have said "trace their IP" in 1986?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Look at all the <div> tags on screen - those weren't invented until the mid 90s

And would anybody have said "trace their IP" in 1986?

Possibly. According to Wikipedia, traceroute was released in 1987, so the terminology could have been in (limited) use before that. Certainly "IP" was standard terminology already. You're right about the HTML, of course (first released in 1993), I think I missed that.

Lovely to see an Amiga on the show though - I noticed that on the show already. What I didn't notice is that the title bar on the screen correctly says Workbench 1.0 (released 1985), but she also has a "Workbench1.3" disk inserted, which didn't come out until three years later.

And also cute how the entire sequence is underscored by Korngold's violin concert, for some reason.

Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein did a Screening Interview for the SCL.

They played two cues from Season 4 which gives us our first two official cue titles. Spoilers if you have not seen all 7 episodes of Volume 1:

Spoiler

From 401 - "Sweetie Pie" 1min 45sec (this is the reprise of "Kids" in the beginnings of the episode.)

From 407 - "The Banishing of Henry Creel" 1m 11sec (this is the reprise of "She'll Kill You" towards the end of the episode.)

2 hours ago, badbu said:

Will the score come out tomorrow? Any infos? :-) 

On 11/06/2022 at 10:50 PM, TSMefford said:

Per Michael Stein's Instagram, the Score release for Season 4 will be on July 1st - with the release of Volume 2. Not particularly surprising since it was going to be one album, but nice to have it confirmed.

r/StrangerThings - For everyone asking about the Stranger Things 4 Original Score by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein… the release date!

stranger-things-4_1200.jpg

Official Score Release info - out digitally July 1st (tomorrow!):

Stranger Things 4 – Original Score, out via Lakeshore Records and Invada Records, is an epic collection of 80 tracks from the two award-winning composers. 

Preview track from Volume 1 (appears to be an unused cue):

Preview track from Volume 2 (SPOILERS!):

Spoiler

The Volume each is from is mentioned in Lakeshores Youtube Titles.

Full Article:

https://consequence.net/2022/06/stranger-things-4-score-release-date/

So glad it's massive. Fun fact - I actually got to talk with Michael Stein via DM on Instagram for a bit a few weeks ago and gave some of my more unconventional track selections from Volume 1, among other little topics of discussion - here's hoping some of my picks end up on the release with 80 TRACKS in play!

UPDATE: Full tracklist via Film Music Reporter

Spoiler

Disc 1:

1. What’s the Internet? (2:48)
2. I wouldn’t remember me either. (1:50)
3. Teens (2:06)
4. Journalistic Instinct (2:37)
5. 100% Convinced (1:05)
6. In the closet (at Rink O Mania) (1:32)
7. Does that make us friends? (3:14)
8. My BOOBS Hurt. (1:09)
9. Unambiguous True Love (2:17)
10. Stuck in 1983 (2:57)
11. Hawkins National Lab (2:02)
12. Hellfire Club (2:04)
13. Buried Memories (2:49)
14. Fancy Bomb (1:48)
15. We are NOT Heroes (3:06)
16. Nine Feet Tall (1:38)
17. Hail Lord Vecna (1:59)
18. Powerful Psychic Connection (2:02)
19. Ruth, Nevada (0:45)
20. Hellfire Isn’t A Cult (1:24)
21. I Know What I Saw (2:08)
22. Curfew (1:29)
23. You’re Regressing Eleven (3:32)
24. Letter to Willy (3:47)
25. Palm Tree Delight (1:54)
26. Musso (2:12)
27. Brenner’s Little Pet (2:18)
28. Mr. Fibbly (1:37)
29. It’s just a clock, right? (2:17)
30. Welcome to Kamchatka (2:14)
31. A Nightmare Far Worse (3:31)
32. Caught a Body at the Munsen Trailer (1:13)
33. A War is coming to Hawkins (1:55)
34. The Elephant (2:16)
35. Hurtling Towards a Gruesome Death (1:33)
36. Barefoot in the snow (1:45)
37. Kills you in your dreams (1:20)
38. The Shire is Burning (0:55)
39. Blood Balloons (1:09)
40. Burning Baby (0:59)
41. Mugshot (2:30)
42. There are some things worse than ghosts… (4:47)
43. A memory within a memory (3:04)

Disc 2:

1. A Proper Thump (1:58)
2. Hiiiiiiiii (2:38)
3. Still Dizzy (1:46)
4. Reign Fire From Above (1:34)
5. Religious American (2:14)
6. Surf that Tasty Pie (2:30)
7. Follow me into Death (1:54)
8. Project Nina (1:52)
9. Being Different (4:30)
10. Undressing (1:13)
11. I Want You To Watch (1:34)
12. A Realm Unspoiled by Mankind (4:22)
13. Four Gates (2:09)
14. Sleeping Dracula (3:10)
15. Praying something will happen to me (3:54)
16. Stained Glass Roses (2:34)
17. One (1:56)
18. Gates of Kamchatka (1:05)
19. Top Secret Location (1:53)
20. You’re The Heart (3:15)
21. Sleepyhead (1:52)
22. Skull Rock (1:50)
23. Spellcaster (3:58)
24. You Should Go East (1:44)
25. Unfortunate Development (2:22)
26. Slashing the Tires (1:30)
27. Soteria (1:18)
28. ELVIS CLONED BY ALIENS (1:35)
29. [delicate, intense music playing…] (3:26)
30. Demogorgons in Tanks (1:28)
31. The Cure (3:38)
32. Patient Confidentiality (2:00)
33. Stay Calm, Focus on the Game (2:28)
34. It’s Time Max (1:58)
35. All Evil Must Have A Home (4:40)
36. Flashlights, Flashlights (2:18)
37. You Have Already Lost (4:31)

Is the music from 

Spoiler

Max's escape from Vecna in Episode 4

on the score album?

There was some really amazing instrumental stuff going on behind the Kate Bush song that I was hoping to hear

Stranger Things 4x07 The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Well, that was a super awesome 'end of act 2' episode!  Though, the multiple cliffhanger endings means we'll be plowing straight into act 3 now without a lot of scene-setting like episode 5 had to do after the act 1 finale.

Sullivan's torture has finally worked on Owens' agent, and he says he'll tell them where Eleven is if he promised not to harm her.... but what makes him think he can trust Sullivan!?  Sounds like multiple factions are headed to Nevada now, like Mike, Will, Jonathan, Argyle (and Suzie and Eden?) who sat out the whole episode, presumably just driving there themselves....

Joyce and Murray's story was awesome this week!  I absolutely loved Murray's Yuri impression, so funny!  Not only the scene in the truck outside, but then his practice run inside :lol:    I liked that they got led all the way inside and go to see Hopper and gang's fight with the demogorgon!  That fight was really crazy, the demogorgon was so fast and brutal!  I liked that Hopper's flaming stick only just barely worked and they really needed the assist from Murray and Joyce on the control panel to save their asses.  Hopper and Joyce's reunion hug was surprisingly heartwarming!

I thought it was a little strange that the police interrogated Dustin, Lucas, and Max at the Wheeler house, and with no parents present during the interrogation!  Maybe that wasn't a law in the 80s?  I loved that Dustin figured out there's probably a gate where Chrissy died too and make a plan to go there.... without first talking to Nancy, Robin, Steve, and Eddie in the Upside Down, which was also cool!  I forgot that way back in Season 1 Will talked to Joyce from the Upside Down through the Christmas Lights, and that he could hear her voice fine, so that all tracks.

Before that happened, Nancy, Robin, and Eddie freeing Steve from the vulture bat creature thingies was a pretty cool action scene, though I don't like the look of Steve's wounds!  I think that's a minor thing resolved in the final 2 episodes and not the start of a heroic death for him.  I thought it was kinda funny that the plot point to get them to the Wheeler house was because Nancy had guns there, and I also thought the fact that the Upside Down was frozen in time the day Will was captured didn't make a whole lot of sense, but we'll see where that goes.  Once they talk to the younger kids and everyone ends up in Eddie's trailer, I thought the sheet-rope hanging through both ends of the portal was pretty neat.  And I admit they got me that I didn't see it coming at all that Vecna would snatch up Nancy midway through her jump!  In retrospect it makes so much sense, and they tie in her guilt over Barbara's death leading to Vecna being able to invade her mind.  I loved that they returned to the pool location, too.  Great cliffhanger to end her story on, though of course since Steve hasn't jumped yet you know he's gonna stay in the Upside Down to help her (and maybe get trapped there?)  I don't know if playing Nancy's favorite song will help her like it helped Max, but I do recall a few episodes ago when a bunch of kids went into Nancy's bedroom, Robin was riffling through all her stuff including her music, so maybe she'll know what to play.

And that leaves Eleven and the orderly, which was pretty cool stuff!  Early in the episode I said to my wife "I betcha this guy is 001", but the really cool thing is that even though I predicted that before it was revealed, I never saw it coming that he was Victor Creel's son!  That was a great reveal that completely tracks with everything we had seen before.  If I understand correctly, his powers came from nowhere, kind of like an X-Men thing, some kind of mutation maybe, and he might be the only one on the planet that's happened to.  I assume once he got under the thumb of Brenner after the Creel massacre in '59, Brenner had his scientists figure out how to cause this mutation in others, eventually leading to Eleven/Jane's mother getting injected and giving birth to Jane in the early 70s with seemingly equivalent, or maybe superior powers.  Nice and tidy explanation there, though I can't remember if it was artificial insemination they were doing to them or not, because if it was that could been Creel Jr in technically the father of everyone with powers...

I like that we didn't just learn that 001 was Creel Jr and that he is the one who killed every child in the lab and not Eleven, but we also got a long diatribe from him explaining all his motivations for attacking his family and showing them their sins, which all ties into what he is doing to kids in Hawkins now in 1986.  Of course many questions remain:

1) When Eleven tried to rip him apart but he ended up going through a portal to the Upside Down instead, did she cause the portal through her rage and powers, or did he open the portal to escape from her?

2) How old is the Upside Down as was this incident in 1979 the first ever portal that opened between our world and it?  Or was the Upside Down somehow the reason Creel Jr got his powers at a young age?

3) Once he got there, what caused him to transform into the mutated body he has there?  Id he truly The Mind Flayer's "Five Star General" like Dustin said, or is it the other way around and Vecna is the ultimate boss there?

4) After he got zapped there in 1979, why did he not start killing kids in Hawkins until 1986?

5) What happens to Eleven in the lab between 1979 and when she finally escapes in 1983 / season 1?  Has Brenner assumed she was the one who killed all the kids this entire time?

Can't wait to find out the answers to all this and more, this weekend!

9 hours ago, LewWho95 said:

Is the music from 

Hide contents

Max's escape from Vecna in Episode 4

on the score album?

There was some really amazing instrumental stuff going on behind the Kate Bush song that I was hoping to hear

No, as it was not done by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein. Likely was done by the orchestrator credited on Episode 4, as well as 8 & 9.

Edit: Turns out it was Rob Simonsen who did this!

Full tracklist via Film Music Reporter

Spoiler

Disc 1:

1. What’s the Internet? (2:48)
2. I wouldn’t remember me either. (1:50)
3. Teens (2:06)
4. Journalistic Instinct (2:37)
5. 100% Convinced (1:05)
6. In the closet (at Rink O Mania) (1:32)
7. Does that make us friends? (3:14)
8. My BOOBS Hurt. (1:09)
9. Unambiguous True Love (2:17)
10. Stuck in 1983 (2:57)
11. Hawkins National Lab (2:02)
12. Hellfire Club (2:04)
13. Buried Memories (2:49)
14. Fancy Bomb (1:48)
15. We are NOT Heroes (3:06)
16. Nine Feet Tall (1:38)
17. Hail Lord Vecna (1:59)
18. Powerful Psychic Connection (2:02)
19. Ruth, Nevada (0:45)
20. Hellfire Isn’t A Cult (1:24)
21. I Know What I Saw (2:08)
22. Curfew (1:29)
23. You’re Regressing Eleven (3:32)
24. Letter to Willy (3:47)
25. Palm Tree Delight (1:54)
26. Musso (2:12)
27. Brenner’s Little Pet (2:18)
28. Mr. Fibbly (1:37)
29. It’s just a clock, right? (2:17)
30. Welcome to Kamchatka (2:14)
31. A Nightmare Far Worse (3:31)
32. Caught a Body at the Munsen Trailer (1:13)
33. A War is coming to Hawkins (1:55)
34. The Elephant (2:16)
35. Hurtling Towards a Gruesome Death (1:33)
36. Barefoot in the snow (1:45)
37. Kills you in your dreams (1:20)
38. The Shire is Burning (0:55)
39. Blood Balloons (1:09)
40. Burning Baby (0:59)
41. Mugshot (2:30)
42. There are some things worse than ghosts… (4:47)
43. A memory within a memory (3:04)

Disc 2:

1. A Proper Thump (1:58)
2. Hiiiiiiiii (2:38)
3. Still Dizzy (1:46)
4. Reign Fire From Above (1:34)
5. Religious American (2:14)
6. Surf that Tasty Pie (2:30)
7. Follow me into Death (1:54)
8. Project Nina (1:52)
9. Being Different (4:30)
10. Undressing (1:13)
11. I Want You To Watch (1:34)
12. A Realm Unspoiled by Mankind (4:22)
13. Four Gates (2:09)
14. Sleeping Dracula (3:10)
15. Praying something will happen to me (3:54)
16. Stained Glass Roses (2:34)
17. One (1:56)
18. Gates of Kamchatka (1:05)
19. Top Secret Location (1:53)
20. You’re The Heart (3:15)
21. Sleepyhead (1:52)
22. Skull Rock (1:50)
23. Spellcaster (3:58)
24. You Should Go East (1:44)
25. Unfortunate Development (2:22)
26. Slashing the Tires (1:30)
27. Soteria (1:18)
28. ELVIS CLONED BY ALIENS (1:35)
29. [delicate, intense music playing…] (3:26)
30. Demogorgons in Tanks (1:28)
31. The Cure (3:38)
32. Patient Confidentiality (2:00)
33. Stay Calm, Focus on the Game (2:28)
34. It’s Time Max (1:58)
35. All Evil Must Have A Home (4:40)
36. Flashlights, Flashlights (2:18)
37. You Have Already Lost (4:31)

Added to my main score post. Looks like “Sweetie Pie” was renamed to “Teens”

80 tracks! That's insane. I cannot wait to take a listen to all of it and see where each track plays or would play, as it seems there are a lot of unused cues (replaced in the show with licensed music).

And also, in a few hours we can finally watch the two remaining episodes of the season! This has been a great season overall, and I hope they are able to conclude it with a bang.

On 14/06/2022 at 4:45 PM, Anthony said:

Reveal hidden contents

No. The flashbacks Eleven is reliving took place 1979 when she was 7 or 8 years old, which is why they had an 8 year old actor in the mirror at times. 

She doesn't except from the lab and end up in that diner until 1983 when season 1 takes place. So clearly Brenner gets more kids in there after 001 kills the '79 crew 

On 14/06/2022 at 9:25 PM, TSMefford said:

There was only one test subject present in that Episode. 008. The others in her gang were just outcasts, similar to her, but not of the lab tested super powered variety. In Season 4, Peter/Vecna/001, makes a mention of 008 and that she "left them". It's implied she escaped prior to the flashbacks we are shown

Ohhhh OK. I missed that. Interesting! 

On 22/06/2022 at 11:51 PM, TSMefford said:

I appreciate the show letting moments breath and letting the characters linger a little more. 

The longer episodes this year are totally worth it IMO! They're almost inventing a new TV language here

On 24/06/2022 at 11:07 AM, Andy said:

Murray gets MVP for me this season.  He was always clever and subversive, but he's grown some serious balls.  They really want you to like him now, and it's working.

Yes! 

Score / Soundtrack Update everyone.

For the immense amount of people wondering about the orchestral work done on Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" - it was Rob Simonson!

@rob_simonsen

Recently had the pleasure of contributing orchestral arrangements for this season of Stranger Things. First up is for my favorite Kate Bush song, “Running Up That Hill”. Recorded at Air Studios with the London Contemporary Orchestra. More to come.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CejuXu2vcFd/

The last 2 episodes are amazing.

Vecna is such a great villain!

I'm so imvested in this show I cried multiple times.

The writing is very very good!

The cast, as always, is great. And the production Design, VFX and music are all top notch.

For me, the best television of the year.

The last two episodes were great and I really want to watch them again as I enjoyed them a great deal. The deason has been one of the best in terms of story and visuals, and the characters are all charming and likeable in their own way,so I got quite emotional during many scenes in the finale (which I won't spoil just yet).

And the music has been great, both songs (that scene with Master of Puppets) and score. Also, I found this on instagram, and I hope this versions are released, as I think they worked really great within the scenes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CffE-c9vQbT/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

14 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

The last 2 episodes are amazing.

Vecna is such a great villain!

I'm so imvested in this show I cried multiple times.

The writing is very very good!

The cast, as always, is great. And the production Design, VFX and music are all top notch.

For me, the best television of the year.

There's no crying in stranger things episodes okay who am I kidding it was a fun season and a big cliffhanger. How soon till season 5? I'm ready.

A lot of question marks still remain. 11:00 still has Vecna/Henry and the US military looking to kill her.

I agree with everyone else the music placement was really good.

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Wasnt season 4 the final season? I thought it was marketed line that…

That was the plan. But the Duffer Brothers decided that for the story they want to tell they needed 2 more seasons. So 5 will be the last.

At least for this story.

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Nope. One more. Season 5 was confirmed awhile back actually. So there’s still more to come!

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So I wasn't the only one who thought that. I've probably read about the announced 5th season and forgotten about it again. In any case, I just spent the entire evening watching what I believed to be the extended 2-episode series finale and ended up getting a bit restless when it came closer and closer to the end with not only so many threads still unresolved, but even new ones opening up. I was a bit confused when it ended.

2 hours ago, itsevilr said:

The final track from last episode (the epic version of the main title) is not on the album right? 

No. None of the Orchestral cues from the show are on the Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein album as they were not done by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein, but were arranged by Rob Simonsen. 

I would imagine, were they to be released, that it will be a separate short album or they will be bonus tracks on a CD release or Deluxe Version of the Soundtrack.

If you want them, I'd suggest bugging Netflix about it.

That orchestral main theme of episode 9 and the orchestral arrangement of Eleven's theme near the end of episode 8 definetly stood out in a good way, and I thing it's nice to have these orchestral versions for some of the more important moments on the show, and I hope they keep this trend going in the final season with different cues by Dixon & Stein (for example, would love something like this for a track like Kids or any of its variations).

Some of you watched this thinking it was the final season? Wow!

On 19/08/2020 at 3:01 PM, Edmilson said:

Season 4 won't be the last, but Duffer Bros. already know when the ending will be.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1145850-duffer-brothers-confirm-stranger-things-season-4-isnt-the-end

On 17/02/2022 at 3:14 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Some of you watched this thinking it was the final season? Wow!

I think it's the long wait, the knowledge that they did already announce the final season (even if I forgot that it wasn't this one), and how they extended the episode lengths and split the season in half to have what amounts to an almost 4 hour finale. I got strong series showdown vibes from most of it, which is probably why I'm not sure I was fully convinced by everything that happened in the last episode. Even so it's quite possibly the show's strongest season yet. I'll revisit if when the final season is about to drop.

I'm seeing several sites (like EW, IndieWire) reporting that S4 reveals that One/Henry/Vecna is the Mind Flayer. But, from what I understood, the Mind Flayer is actually a much older entity which Henry found a way to harness its power and attack Hawkings with it, right?

Also, here's something I didn't understand: is the parallel dimension where Henry finds the Mind Flayer the Upside Down? Or they're two different creepy worlds? The Upside Down apparently is like a sinister version of our Earth trapped in the day Will disappeared, right? So, what is the Mind Flayer's world? 

These are some of the questions S5 will need to answer.

32 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

The main question is who is really in control, One or The Shadow? I predict that will play into the ultimate endgame of the entities.

Yeah, the show (so far) doesn't make much clear if the Mind Flayer already had an intelligence, a consciousness, or whatever, prior to Henry's arrival. I think this should be answered in the final season: what exactly is the entity that Henry fused himself with? 

I kind of like the idea that it was just a brutally powerful force of nature, not "intelligent" in the way that we know but more operating on primal instinct, and that by binding with Henry it gained his sentience while he gained its power. The show keeps hammering home the hive-mind aspect, so I suspect that when Henry connected with it they symbiotically became a "new" being and are now pretty much one in the same. The irony of course is that by doing so Henry intervened in the natural order of that dimension, which is exactly what he hated about humans in his own dimension. Classic villain hypocrisy! I hope they do answer it in the next season.

I really dug this season. Easily the strongest the show has been since the first season. I was doubtful when the Duffers claimed they had a whole story mapped out 7 years ago but the proof is very much in the pudding; they've clearly given this world a lot of thought.

That said, while I appreciated the amount of time the story has been given to breathe I also feel like the pacing was a little off in the last few episodes. Eleven's daddy issues with Papa felt like a bit of a retread, and she was in that desert lab for waayyyy too long. Eleven traversing Max's memories could've been done much more eloquently; the whole sequence with all the kids skating in the storm drain was completely superfluous and didn't tell us anything new about Max or Eleven. I also think Eddie's sacrifice was a little clunky, he could've just gone through the gate and things would've turned out pretty much the same. Personally I think it would've been more powerful for him to realise that there's no shame in running away (which is a line he says in the D&D game in ep 1).

And my final gripe is how separated all of the characters were this season. I'd actually completely forgotten how close Eleven and Max were in previous seasons, and had there been a bit more interaction between the characters I think the emotional wallop of El trying to save Max would've hit a bit harder. But I guess it'll work much better on a rewatch and without waiting 3 goddamn years between season 3-4.

The thing that kept bugging me the most: why didn't anyone ask "Brenner, how did you survive the demogorgan attack?".

Why was this never explained?!