STRANGER THINGS

Jay

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Teaser for Season 4. Big spoilers for people who haven't watched until the end of S3:

Hide contents

Odd that they would make a teaser that's basically just that one spoiler, and one that they could easily have drawn out much longer.

Anyway, I loved S3, so I'm looking forward to this.

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Odd that they would make a teaser that's basically just that one spoiler, and one that they could easily have drawn out much longer.

Anyway, I loved S3, so I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah it’s bizarre that they would just throw that out in a teaser, but I suppose no one was really fooled by the end of Season 3. 

Just now, Koray Savas said:

Yeah it’s bizarre that they would just throw that out in a teaser, but I suppose no one was really fooled by the end of Season 3. 

Well, I would have thought it possible that what seemed to happen actually happened, but the teaser at the end made it pretty clear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:(

David Harbour Says ‘Stranger Things 4’ Originally Had An Early 2021 Release Date

David Harbour revealed on a recent Instagram Live Q&A that Stranger Things 4 was originally going to come out early next year before production was shut down.

After Jim Hopper’s death at the end of Stranger Things 3, there was a lot of speculation among fans on whether David Harbour would return for season four. Earlier this year, Netflix addressed the speculation in a short teaser for Stranger Things 4. In the teaser, we see that Hopper was indeed the American who the Russians captured at the end of season three.

Production on Stranger Things 4  had just gotten underway in Atlanta, but production has since been put on hold like many others due to the coronavirus pandemic. There was no release date attached to Stranger Things 4 yet, but many speculated that it would hit sometime around the holidays. On a recent Instagram Live Q&A session, David Harbour revealed that before production shut down, he heard the fourth season was going to arrive early next year:

“Was supposed to come out early next year, I think, although I don’t have authority on this.”

https://heroichollywood.com/david-harbour-stranger-things-original-release-date/

By the time they can resume fliming, the main kids will be so much older that they may have to rewrite the season to take place another year out from where they wanted to set it

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Feels like it should be a show that only runs for 4 years.  Hopefully they don't ruin it

They already did.

When, they turned it into JURRASSIC PARK meets TERMINATOR in the last three episodes😒

On 8/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, Edmilson said:

Season 4 won't be the last, but Duffer Bros. already know when the ending will be.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1145850-duffer-brothers-confirm-stranger-things-season-4-isnt-the-end

The fact that they have the ending already gives me hope it will be handled well.

With both season 2 & 3, I was very skeptical at the start of each, maybe the show had run it's course, but I always end up enjoying them a lot.  I'm a sucker for all the references, but I do believe they are in good taste and never in your face.

I think the character, Steve, has had one of my favorite arcs in a show in a while.  I love what they have done with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah 2022 sounds like what I expected. Wonder how they're going to deal with this issue in the timeline of things, because by the time they film the next Season they'll be far older than they were probably expecting them to get before the shows end.

I said the same thing going into each new season, but I always end up enjoying it.

Steve's character arc in season 2 is still my favorite part about the show.

I'm sure I'll enjoy season 4.

7 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

didn't he SPOILER ALERT..........        

Die?

20 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Yeah 2022 sounds like what I expected. Wonder how they're going to deal with this issue in the timeline of things, because by the time they film the next Season they'll be far older than they were probably expecting them to get before the shows end.

Fortunately, the genre should make it easy to introduce some sort of age/time jump if necessary. ;)

12 hours ago, Bellosh said:

I said the same thing going into each new season, but I always end up enjoying it.

Steve's character arc in season 2 is still my favorite part about the show.

I'm sure I'll enjoy season 4.

I was sceptical that the series could be continued after the original first season. But while S2 was perhaps not as well rounded, I think it made it clear that they knew how to continue the setting and character arcs. I loved S3 in all its (well earned) goofiness, and I think it brings the series to a point that's very well suited for more. Plus they already have a fixed total length, so it's not like they have to make up everything as they go just to keep milking their concept.

I can't relate to it or the characters so it must the Goonie factor which I never quite understood. I quit watching somewhere in the beginning of Season 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh yeah! Somethings happening.

*crosses fingers* Please tell me we get a new Season 4 trailer or something tomorrow. If I'm realistic, it's probably just a release date announcement or the episode titles for the season or something.

EDIT: 

d6o2pafuicx61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Okay. No. Maybe something awesome is actually happening!

• 2 months later...

Knew it wouldn't be out this year, but makes sense to officially say so I suppose

2022 is a full 6 years after season 1 debuted, though I doubt in-show the characters will have aged 6 years

Yeah. They don't look THAT much older when they're in the world of the show.  I figured 2022. Likely March. Maybe slightly earlier. 

Looks cool! Also excited for more music by Dixon & Stein.