Ferris Bueller's Day Off soundtrack on La-La Land Records

Jay

It took 30 years for there to be a soundtrack release for this film, but La-La Land has made it happen!

14184288_10154591404903755_8207432075508

AVAILABLE ON 9/13 AT 

www.lalalandrecords.com

BEGINNING AT 12 NOON (PST)

FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1391
Contains songs from the film and music by Ira Newborn
Limited Edition of 5000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures commemorate the 30th Anniversary of FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF with the world premiere of the official soundtrack album! 

Ohh, yeahhh…! Requested by fans for more than three decades, the official, original motion picture soundtrack to the classic John Hughes film, starring Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck and Mia Sara, has finally arrived in a special, limited edition collector’s CD, featuring songs from the film and the original score by acclaimed composer Ira Newborn (THE NAKED GUN TRILOGY, UNCLE BUCK, PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES). Long-sought-after and rare song tracks, like BEAT CITY by The Flowerpot Men, (mixed and mastered for this release by original artists Ben Watkins and Adam Peters) and I’M AFRAID by Blue Room (vocal and instrumental versions), make their CD world premieres here, while Sigue Sigue Sputnik’s “Ultraviolence Mix” of LOVE MISSLE F1-11 makes its North American CD debut. Standout tracks such as Yello’s immortal OH YEAH, The Dream Academy’s ballad EDGE OF FOREVER and their museum-scene-instrumental PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT, Wayne Newton’s parade-show-stopper DANKE SCHOEN, and more are showcased here, as well as the world premiere of composer Ira Newborn’s original score. Bonus Tracks include alternate score and source cues. Produced for La-La Land by Dan Goldwasser and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered in stereo from original vault elements by Stephen Marsh, this special release of 5000 units features revealing, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving, with new and extensive interview comments from the film’s original music supervisor Tarquin Gotch, the film’s editor Paul Hirsch, and John Hughes’ son, James Hughes! 

Due to licensing restrictions, a few of the film’s songs could not be included on this CD, but they are available elsewhere. This celebratory release is a dynamite listen, and its booklet a fascinating and revelatory read – an absolute must for fans. So get yours now, ‘cause even Abe Froman’s going to want one of these!

This release becomes available exclusively at www.LaLaLandRecords.com on 9/13 at 12 noon (PST) and other online soundtrack boutiques.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Love Missile F1-11 (Ultraviolence Mix) 6:58 - Sigue Sigue Sputnik
2. Oh Yeah 3:07 - Yello
3. Beat City 3:37 - The Flowerpot Men
4. B.A.D. 5:47 - Big Audio Dynamite
5. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want 3:09 - The Dream Academy
6. Danke Schoen 2:35 - Wayne Newton
7. Radio People 5:40 - Zapp
8. I’m Afraid 4:51 - Blue Room
9. The Edge of Forever 4:21 - The Dream Academy

ORIGINAL SCORE BY IRA NEWBORN

10. Ferris in Bed 0:57
11. Cameron in Bed/Ferris Goes Hawaiian 1:44
12. I’ll Go (unused) 1:02
13. Nurse 0:11
14. Ferris on Line 2 0:43
15. Bueller, Ferris Bueller 0:08
16. Mom Checks on Ferris 1:40
17. Jeannie Turns Ugly 0:34
18. Rooney on Patrol 1:26
19. Save It, Ferris (unused) 0:40
20. Rooney Sneaks Around/Star Wars (Main Title) 2:25
21. Going to Take a Stand (unused) 3:30
22. Cameron Takes the Heat 0:55
23. Oh Shauna Jeannie 0:46
24. He’s Gonna Marry Me (unused) 1:22
25. Dog Food Rooney/Ferris Goes to Bed 0:59
26. Mom, Dad and Ferris 1:34

ALTERNATE SCORE CUES

27. Ferris on Line 2 (alternate) 0:41
28. Theme From Star Trek (unused) 0:30
29. Cameron Takes the Heat (alternate) 0:57

SOURCE CUES

30. Coughlin Bros. Mortuary 0:27
31. Celebrated Minuet 1:37
32. Ballpark Baloney 1:10
33. Polka Medley 3:18

BONUS TRACKS

34. I’m Afraid (instrumental film version) 4:51 - Blue Room
35. Twist and Shout (marching band overlay) 2:35

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 76:45

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754.155532.56031953754/10154591404903755/?type=3&theater

Incidentally, when MV posted this on March 2nd:

Project co-producer Neil S. Bulk just emailed us what could possibly be the coolest 39 seconds in recorded history. The level of excitement everyone at La-La Land Records has over this historic project is unmeasurable. June can't get here fast enough!

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10154078306528755

He was referring to "Ferris On Line 2" (not sure if original or alternate), as just confirmed here

It was in regards to Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the on hold cue when the Principle realizes (or so he thinks) he really is talking to Simone's father ("Pucker up, Buttercup"). 

That said, start the bitching, moaning and complaining regarding my hyperbole in...  

;) 

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=34&r=253#bottom

Believe it or not I've never seen the full film (though I recall thinking that Ferris was kind of a snot-nosed brat), but I shall not hesitate to place an order! I'm sure the score is quite enjoyable.

I have a nostalgic connection to this film like everybody else my age, but I never really understood what the big deal is. It's no BREAKFAST CLUB or FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, that's for sure. But cool to see it have a release at last.

What happened to Ira Newborn, by the way?

16 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Any other announcements for this month?

Karol

LLL stopped doing their monthly flyers a while ago now.

They've announced this for Sep 13 and SEVEN for Sep 16.

As for their Sep 27 titles, we'll find out what they are on Sep 20.

On 01/09/2016 at 11:24 AM, Jay said:

It took 30 years for there to be a soundtrack release for this film, but La-La Land has made it happen!

20. Rooney Sneaks Around/Star Wars (Main Title) 2:25

I guess that's the John Williams they teased they'd be releasing this year :P

• 2 weeks later...

We sold more copies of Ferris Bueller in 12 hours than we have over the past year on titles like Dances with Wolves and Braveheart. Lots of new customers as well as a familiar names. Thank you all for a stellar release day, quite possibly the best release day of all time for a single title. We are getting to the orders as quickly as we possibly can. Thank you for your patience.

MV

That's pretty impressive!

On 9/2/2016 at 8:36 AM, Disco Stu said:

I guess that's the John Williams they teased they'd be releasing this year :P

If they teased a Williams release this year, I'm wondering if one of the Potter films is going to be it. He mentioned it "being close enough to taste" in Dec. of 2013.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

That's pretty impressive!

I've seen articles in a variety of more mainstream places about this release - AV Club, Slashfilm, and Pitchfork. it's getting a lot more press than the typical LLL release.  So that, along with the popularity of the movie, the fact that it's a debut release, the fact that it has the pop songs - perfect storm for this release.

I'm glad that LLL was able to make this songs AND score - because a score-only album wouldn't be moving like this in today's climate.

• 6 years later...

La-La Land Records Alert!!!

FERRIS FLASH SALE!!! June 5 is the day Ferris took a day off
and we're honoring this landmark event with a great sale price on THE LAST REMAINING UNITS or our FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF limited edition CD! Get this amazing title for ONLY $15 EACH!

FBDO-cover-Web.jpg

Less than 200 units remain -- Once this legendary title is gone, it's GONE! Offer expires 12 noon (pst) 6/7/23 or while supplies last. Only at www.lalalandrecors.com

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2ownci--13qxbq-ag4f6q8

Just watched the film and I'm going to take advantage of this offer before its gone! Also, does anyone know what songs they weren't allowed to license for the album?

15 minutes ago, Brando said:

Just watched the film and I'm going to take advantage of this offer before its gone! Also, does anyone know what songs they weren't allowed to license for the album?

1. WLS Jingle - JAM Creative Productions
  2. Go Down Moses - Alan Ruck
  3. Jeannie (Theme from I Dream of Jeannie) - Hugo Montenegro
  4. Twist and Shout - The Beatles
  5. Taking the Day Off - General Public
  6. Man on the Moon - Ray Foote
  7. March of the Swivelheads - The English Beat
  8. Minuet from String Quartet in E Major - Luigi Boccherini

Might be a few more.

One of those albums I seriously considered buying at the time of release, not only because of my nostalgic connection to the film, but also because of the great songs and the fun score by Newborn. Never got around to it. If I'd seen it in a physical record store to a straight-up $15 today, I might have taken the plunge. But with the terrible exchange rate these days, and the shipping issue, the discount doesn't help much. So I'll have to let it slip through my fingers.

9 hours ago, Brando said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yP2OjsGHvPV-IqWoyVYFw1O68x72PScWz91l8Hqn9pw/