New Composers Challenge - The Artist - The results!

Kevin

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Jilal said:

How exciting! I'm not sure if I have the chops, but I'll at least try and participate. In fact ... I've already begun. :)

Well someone has to provide competition for Loert ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't be afraid to enter, you're guaranteed to have constructive feedback about your entry. More than a month left to before the deadline, plenty of time to sign up!

Another update: Composer James Peterson has agreed to be a part of the professional review team. James is best known for his work on the The Red Canvas (for which the "Ballet for Brawlers cue is magnificent).

• 3 weeks later...
 's two weeks left until the deadline, plenty of time to sign and write!

There's two weeks left until the deadline, plenty of time to sign and write!

Remember if you enter, you will receive feedback from professional composers:
1) William Stromberg - Composer best known for Trinty & Beyond and Starship Troopers 2 and Master of Re-recordings.
2) Alain Mayrand - Composer best known for The Legend of Silk Boy and Orchestrator/Conductor of Elysium.
3) James Peterson - Composer best known for The Red Canvas (with its 12 minute Ballet for Brawlers cue).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

In the end, it turned out that we have 12 wonderful entries (which is more than the last two composers challenge).

Now that the contest is closed, the voting can begin. Let me be clear, everyone (not just composers) can vote and giving feedback on the entries is highly encouraged. The comments allow each of the composers to learn from this experience.

For voting, you rate each entry out of 10 (one being the worst and ten being the best). At the end, the votes will be added up and the top three will be announced.

Composers who entered this contest: You cannot vote for your own entry.

Here is the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZTxpL6wfPQrOtsNIN8WMD5zPG0qhHsVy

These clips have been labelled for the purposes of anonymity. If you entered the contest or if you know someone who entered the contest, please do not name the entry in question or name the composer in question.

The deadline for voting will be November 27th. That gives you two weeks to listen to the clips and vote. I know that there are a lot of entries but if you do one or two a day, then it becomes easier.

If you have any questions, please contact me at composerschallenge at hotmail dot com.

Kevin

It's a pity I couldn't contribute, but I've been very occupied with school lately and I've replaced more or less everything in my orchestral template with (far superior) Orchestral Tools libraries, as well as extending my setup with a slave computer running VEP, which cost me only €80 but comes in very handy, to say the least.

14 hours ago, Jilal said:

It's a pity I couldn't contribute, but I've been very occupied with school lately and I've replaced more or less everything in my orchestral template with (far superior) Orchestral Tools libraries, as well as extending my setup with a slave computer running VEP, which cost me only €80 but comes in very handy, to say the least.

Next time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...