Michael Giacchino's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) - 2022 Expanded Edition now available

mrbellamy

2 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I presume they simply didn't want to release the whole track again, just the part thats different.

They repeated the whole other suites that only have different openings or endings, why wouldn't they do that for Scarif Antenna Alignment too?

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

So I have a theory here we now have Solo and Rogue one deluxe / expanded albums my theory is that next we will get the prequels expanded next, a re-release of the original trilogy expanded, and then the sequel trilogy expanded. Just my speculation 

The question is, when? :D I'm still hopeful for a full release in May, to celebrate the 45th birthday of Star Wars.

48 minutes ago, stravinsky said:

I guess they'll come through tomorrow though? 

It goes by the timezone of the IP address you're connecting to Spotify from.  So yes, you have to wait until it's Friday in your own timezone, or use a VPN

It IS a timezone issue

It WILL be on Spotify when its Friday at your IP address, or if you use a VPN set to a country where it's already Friday

9 minutes ago, Power Windows said:

Giacchino himself isn't even talking about it...

To be fair, I did a Twitter search to see if he promoted any of the Trek deluxe editions when they released and it doesn't look like he did

https://twitter.com/search?q=trek deluxe (from%3Am_giacchino)&src=typed_query&f=top

I wonder if the original intent was to use past recordings for the end credits, since both the alternatives to Jyn Erso and Hope, and Guardian of the Whills clearly have clean lean-ins/lead-outs to them. Still, sucks that they didn't include the whole thing when Solo was allowed to include its end credits piece based off TESB - but, hey: this is pretty much everything written by Giacchino by the looks of things.

26 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Any purchase links? It's still Thursday where I am.

There won't be any until it's Friday where you are

If you want to purchase early, you'd have to sign up for a VPN, set it to a country where it's for sale, then start going through all the digital music stores while the VPN is running - HDTracks, Qobuz, 7Digital, iTunes, Amazon mp3, etc etc etc

Or, you can just wait until it's actually Friday where you are.

26 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I'd better buy this before Williams has it taken down.

Ha!

Just now, Jay said:

There won't be any until it's Thursday where you are

If you want to purchase early, you'd have to sign up for a VPN, set it to a country where it's for sale, then start going through all the digital music stores while the VPN is running - HDTracks, Qobuz, 7Digital, etc etc

Ha!

You mean Friday right? 🙂

I'll have to wake up early it seems.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

it's even more baffling they'd make this happen before our Johnny's scores

Why they're saving the best for last of course!

Perhaps they are workIng in reverse chronological release date order - but starting with the non-Williams ones first.

You know, if it turns out that Disney are in fact celebrating JW's 90th by doing a massive SW expansion drive with all the prequels, I'll be so happy to ignore my cynical and general anti-SW side! I'd absolutely buy an expanded RotS.

17 hours ago, Martin B. said:

So does track 57 just require the first part of track 46 to make it complete?

Yea

17 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Have they just put the alternate segment in rather than the full track ?

They mixed the insert into the original cue as intended, but then began the track only a few seconds before the insert started instead of at the beginning of the cue

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

One could argue they didn't even "make an album" here

It literally seems like a drag and drop of the music editor's official repository, with the two Williams-only end credits pieces removed

Even his three Star Trek Deluxe expansions had some album-izing done to them, even though they were inept about it...

I'm not so sure about Beyond, given all of its music was presented per-cue with none of the inserts or alternates edited in but as separate tracks. About the only track I believe was edited was the Alexander Courage theme at the end. But then again, I suppose that's still more effort than what's happened here :lol:

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

I'll await Holko's exclamation of how the expanded release reveals the score to be a gem.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'll buy this to show my support for Disney doing Lucasfilm expanded releases

And also show your support for brainless effortless laziness!