The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III CD & DVD (And Ultimate Collection CD / VINYL box set)

The Psycho Pianist

Well Amazon.de has it for 30.99€.

For four discs that sounds quite reasonable.

9 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Maybe they're just saving TLW, AI and WOTW so they can do a Part IV after Indy 5.

In 2 years they'll have 3 new scores together, hopefully. That's half a soundtrack already.

Not to mention new cues from the same films. Like CE3K had Conversations redux, Theme from EMPIRE OF THE SUN, E.T, and JAWS as in the Williams on Williams albums.  And ofcourse we have AI, LOST WORLD, WAR OF THE WORLDS  (and READY PLAYER ONE  and Indy V in a few years) could be a great agenda for another handsome album.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Plus Amazing Stories, Stargazers, Ivanka's Theme (from KOTCS). There's that beautiful new arrangement of The Face of Pan, too.

Heaps of quality stuff to fill another CD.

It's Irina not Ivanka! :angry:

Irina is JW's favourite gal and she'll rule the world. That's was the Maestro himself said in the KotCS music documentary.

11 minutes ago, Incanus said:

It's Irina not Ivanka! :angry:

Irina is JW's favourite gal and she'll rule the world. That's was the Maestro himself said in the KotCS music documentary.

How would JW cope if he had to write a new Indy film starring Daisy as the long-long daughter and Cate as the new villainess, twin sister of Ivanka, Ivaӥa?

A couple more details on this release, from Tower Records Japan:

• The orchestra is credited as The Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles
  • The documentary has been directed by Laurent Bouzereau and includes new interviews conducted in October 2016
  • Track 16 on the new CD is an alternate version of With Malice Toward None

'John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection' page at JWFan

3 minutes ago, Ricard said:

• The documentary has been directed by Laurent Bouzereau and includes new interviews conducted in October 2016

Cool. I guess he recorded both the published arrangements of "With Malice...", one for strings only and the other for trumpet & orchestra.

9 minutes ago, Ricard said:

That's cool news, shouldn't just be some amateur compilation of raw footage if LBZ is looking after it.

Maybe he'll sneak in the remaining Indy trilogy music as a secret bonus. ;)

3 hours ago, azahid said:

And ofcourse we have AI, LOST WORLD, WAR OF THE WORLDS  (and READY PLAYER ONE  and Indy V in a few years) could be a great agenda for another handsome album.

And The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara is going ahead. The search for the lead role just begun.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Steven-Spielberg-Open-Casting-Call-in-LA-411815575.html

Filming pushed back two months as well. Looking like a tighter post-production than anticipated.

Wonder if RPO will be in any shape for Williams to start scoring first? 60% of that film is completely CGI.

52 minutes ago, Ricard said:

Excellent, @Ricard!!  Looks like the documentary is "Approx 22min", per Sony Music Shop.

1 hour ago, Ricard said:

My browser has the following 'dreadful 'translation:

New arranger / new studio recording, and documentary images that celebrated the 43 years of exchanges with Director Spielberg of John Williams' birth 85th anniversary of the film music world master 
"Spielberg Director X Music: John Williams" This golden combination has been sending influential mega hit works to the world for 43 years since building a tag with "Continuous · Crash Ka-Jack" (74). "Jaws" "Unknown encounters" Raiders "" ET "" Indiana Jones "" Jurassic Park "" Schindler's list "and always get the highest rating. John Williams, an impressive melody and a scaled symphonic score, is a master of the world's recognized film and music world. This work is John Williams' s 85th anniversary album, collaboration with Spielberg will be the culmination best album for 43 years. It is condensing the dreadful taste of the world's common eternal theme song and its career. CD 1 & 2 re-recorded the best album that was recorded in 1990 and 1995. The remarkable CD 3 is a new recording of a familiar theme song by a new arrange for this work. Bonus DVD contains documentary footage by Laurent Bouzereau.

And here is the dreaded tracklist:

Number of Configurations | 4

[Tracks to be recorded] 
[CD 1] 
1) Raiders / Lost Arc ~ March 
2) Always - Theme 
3) ET ~ ground adventure 
4) Continued · Clash! Car Jack ~ Theme 
5) Jaws - Theme 
6) Jaws - shark hunting / cage preparation 
7) Empire of the sun - rejoice 
8) Indiana Jones Legend of the Demonic Empire - Children of the Trapped 
9) ET ~ Over the Moon 
10) 1941 ~ March 
11) The Empire of the Sun - Cadillac of the Sky 
12) Indiana Jones The Last Holy War ~ Motorcycle and Orchestra Scherzo 
13) Unknown encounter ~ Wish upon a star 
[CD 2] 
1) ET ~ Flying theme 
2) Jurassic Park - Theme 
3) Schindler's list - reminiscence 
4) Flying to Hook ~ Neverland 
5) 1941 ~ Battle of Hollywood 
6) Strategies of Hook ~ Sumy 
7) Jaws - Following Buoys 
8) Jurassic Park - My friend, Prachiosaurus 
9) The Empire of the Sun ~ Jim's New Life 
10) Unknown encounter ~ Dialogue with aliens 
11) Hook - Lost Boy Chase 
12) Schindler's List ~ Theme 
13) Raiders / Lost Ark ~ Basket 
14) Hook ~ You Are the Bang 
15) Hook ~ Banquet 
[CD 3] 
All songs new recording performance: John Williams conducting recording · arts · orchestra · of · Los Angeles 
1. Adventure of Matt from "Indiana Jones / The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (2008) 
2. From "Amistad" (1997) Dry Your Tears, Africa 
3. "Big Friendly Giants" (2016) Big Friendly Giants 
4. "Lincoln" (2012) has no malice against any person 
5. The final duel from "Tintin Adventure" (2011) 
6. From 'Minority Report' (2002) A New Beginning 7- 
9. From "Catch Me If You Can" From Alto Sax and Escapade for the Orchestra 
10. From "Raiders / Lost Ark" (1981) Marion's Theme 
11. From "Private Ryan" (1998) Him to the Forrene 
12. "Dragon horse" (2011) from Dartmore 1912 
13. From "Terminal" (2004) Victor's Tail 
14. "Munich" (2005) Prayer for Peace 
15. Imagination & Building from 'Unfinished Journey' (1999) 
16. "Lincoln" (2012) does not harbor malice against any person ~ Alternative version 
[DVD] 
Spielberg and John Williams / Special Documentary Shot taken in October 2016

6 minutes ago, azahid said:

16. "Lincoln" (2012) does not harbor malice against any person ~ Alternative version 

They just don't make 'em like they used to!

3 minutes ago, azahid said:

Wait, "Alternative version"!!  That means this is really "Irina's Theme" from KOTCS.  Crisis averted!!

So is the "LA Recording Arts Orchestra" (which is credited on some other JW albums) just a freelance orchestra? I always thought it wasn't! 

Yeah. I did a quick Google search and the orchestra has no website (and very few credits, seemingly, perhaps even only the American Journey album). Strange that they'd only call the freelance orchestra that for two albums! 

So I guess that American Journey album was really performed by a freelance orchestra! News to me. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeah. I did a quick Google search and the orchestra has no website (and very few credits, seemingly, perhaps even only the American Journey album). Strange that they'd only call the freelance orchestra that for two albums! 

For my part, I did a quick Google search on this guy "John Williams" and I found a very nice website called "John Williams - Somewhere in my Memory".

Very nice website, seems to contains a very comprehensive discography! Will be usefull... :D

13 minutes ago, Will said:

It's not uncommon though. Michael Kamen often to have weird orchestra names on his albums.

Even the now fairly common Hollywood Symphony Orchestra credit on many albums was uncommon. Usually no name was used at all.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

It's not uncommon though. Michael Kamen often to have weird orchestra names on his albums.

Even the now fairly common Hollywood Symphony Orchestra credit on many albums was uncommon. Usually no name was used at all.

Williams scores still usually go no credit on the freelance ones, I believe. 

If I remember correctly the end credits of A.I. Artifial Intelligence list the LA Recording Arts Orchestra as well. Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams and The American Journey/Call of the Champions album had several pieces performed by them. A Tribute to John Williams compilation released for the Maestro's 80th birthday by Sony also had the Happy Birthday Variations, again performed by this ensemble.

And it seems to have been the name of the orchestra that performed Harry Gregson-Williams' first The Chronicles of Narnia score.

I was under the impression this ensemble consisted of LA freelance musicians, most of whom often play on soundtracks.

Remember 'The Skywalker Symphony Orchestra' that did the STAR WARS TRILOGY album that William conducted himself. It was also a handpicked group of freelance musicians that represented the Orchestra. The Orchestra sort of fizzled out.

24 minutes ago, azahid said:

Remember 'The Skywalker Symphony Orchestra' that did the STAR WARS TRILOGY album that William conducted himself. It was also a handpicked group of freelance musicians that represented the Orchestra. The Orchestra sort of fizzled out.

It has been performing a lot of video game music in the 2000's. Here is their discography.

I think Marco Beltrami has used the ensemble for his scores, e.g. Hellboy.

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

If I remember correctly the end credits of A.I. Artifial Intelligence list the LA Recording Arts Orchestra as well. Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams and The American Journey/Call of the Champions album had several pieces performed by them. A Tribute to John Williams compilation released for the Maestro's 80th birthday by Sony also had the Happy Birthday Variations, again performed by this ensemble.

And it seems to have been the name of the orchestra that performed Harry Gregson-Williams' first The Chronicles of Narnia score.

I was under the impression this ensemble consisted of LA freelance musicians, most of whom often play on soundtracks.

The LA Recording Arts Orchestra is also credited on the E.T. live to projection performance of 2002.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

It has been performing a lot of video game music in the 2000's. Here is their discography.

I was also the ensemble in Young's Jennifer 8.

5 hours ago, Incanus said:

And David Shire's Zodiac too.

Karol