What's your favorite expanded Bond CD

What's your favorite expanded Bond CD  

9 members have voted

1. 1.

• Goldfinger (new release includes 4 tracks that were released before, but hard to come by)
    • Thunderball (new release includes lot's of music that was released before, but hard to come by)
    • You Only Live Twice
    • On Her Majestys Secret Service
    • Diamonds Are Forever
    • Live and Let Die

Simple question, which of the newly expanded/complete Bond scores is your personal favorite?

I've only included the scores that newly expanded, so not the earlier Ryko disc versions that are being re-released too.

I have 3 right now, Thunderball, YOLT and OHMSS, and i'm leaning strongly towards YOLT.

But i need more listenings to determine an absolute favorite.

John Barry rocks, as does Lukas Kendell.

A pity that they could not expand Moonraker though. :|

Stefancos- who's not voting on this poll just yet.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHMSS yes is the clear winner here! The BEST Barry Bond score of all time. But I was really impressed with Live and Let Die and I now have a new appreciation of Diamonds are Forever (had the first album but hated it)

Brian99_1 - who's heard parts of the new OHMSS but is still waiting for it to come in from when he ordered it.

I voted for OCTOPUSSY.

Please....more dialog from the movie....(raised eyebrows and all)

Hitch, auditioning as Miss Moneypenny for Bond 21. LOL

OHMSS, without the slightest doubt. The best Bond score to the best Bond film, with the best Bond girl.

The new album is fantastic, "Gumbold's Safe" is a piece I've been waiting years to hear, and the sound quality is a revelation, like that of YOLT.

James

Best Bond film? with Dalton's terrible over-acting? IMO that would be a tie between Goldfinger and From Russia with love.

Although it is the best score.

I am very sorry, but I got mixed between my least favorite Bonds

and IMO, your opinion of my opinion doesn't mean anything :)

Since i'm the highest ranking member here, (Ren and Morn do not count, one is a girl, the other one an idiot) my opinion of you should have some significant meaning.

Stefancos- who thinks OHMSS is one of the best Bond films, and thinks Lazenby did a pretty good ob.

I made the MB High Council,and the rankings might be changed around depending how well you did in "Know Your Track Titles".

K.M.Who can rank himself whatever he wants.

Notice I said best Bond film, score and girl, not best Bond. Lazenby may not be perfect, but the film is. I do think Lazenby is underrated, though. He has his flaws, the biggest being his lack of acting experience, but he brings an everyman masculinity to the role that the others have all lacked. When you watch him in the film, you're not watching "Sean Connery as James Bond," or "Roger Moore as James Bond," etc, but you actually seem to be watching a regular guy named James Bond who's in some awfully perilous situations.

I have to say there is one element of On Her Majesty's Secret Service that Lazenby pulls off better than Connery would have, and that is the exhausted, terrified Bond after the ski chase.

Connery's confidence would have taken away from that moment, I think.

I disagree. We saw this kind of fear in Connery's Bond as he escaped from Fiona Volpe and Largo's henchmen during the parade in "Thunderball". The moment where he runs into the man in the street and then into the Kiss Kiss Club is used again to a similiar effect in OHMSS. It's one of my favorite Connery moments.

I was the one who posted this, by the way.

I have to say there is one element of On Her Majesty's Secret Service that Lazenby pulls off better than Connery would have, and that is the exhausted, terrified Bond after the ski chase.

Connery's confidence would have taken away from that moment, I think.

I agree that the scene in Thunderball is effective, but I don't think that it shows the kind of desparation that one sees in OHMSS. Furthermore, Bond doesn't lose his cool, even causing Volpe's death. In OHMSS, Bond is much more frightened... and he think's he's alone until he runs into Tracy.

This sign in thing really trips me up.  That was me.

Interesting. I've never had a problem with signing in, and I use 2 computers to post here.

Neil - OHMSS rules!