LOTR in Chicago, August 2017?

Gollum Cat

So, if I am reading this right, Ludwig Wicki will be conducting LOTR live to projection in August 2017, in Chicago...seems too good to be true, am I reading it right?

http://csosoundsandstories.org/ravinias-2017-cso-bill-brings-levine-lang-lang-and-lord-of-the-rings/

Why is that too good to be true?  Has the LOTR live to projection concerts never come to Chicago before?  Seems hard to believe.  They've been through New York City twice already!

9 minutes ago, Doug Adams said:

Chicago (technically Highland Park, since this is the Ravinia Festival we're talking about) has had all three films/scores individually. This will be the first time they've all been presened in a three-night cycle. 

Hoping to put together a presentation of some kind. If not, perhaps just a good ol' meet-and-greet.

We will see. Still a long way off.

Awesome!! I would love to meet you Doug.

When do tickets open, anyone know?

Also @Jay, I meant "too good to be true" because it has usually been only one of the scores—either internationally or somewhere far away from me in the US. I had given up hope of ever going to one of these—not to mention all three at once!—so this will be a real dream come true.

I saw an ad in the paper for this a few days ago. I'm just starting LOTR for the first time (recently watched FOTR and will dig into the score when I get the chance). If I become a big fan I might get tickets to this. But I'm more focused on the JW concerts right now. 

And of course if I become a LOTR fan I will have to read Doug's book!