Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes.  It seems like ordering direct from LLL is the best, cheapest, and fastest way for you guys in Europe to get this.

And safest?

Never had any problems...i suppose i'l stick with LLL.

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

And safest?

Never had any problems...i suppose i'l stick with LLL.

LLL has always delivered without problems for me. And as I said before their deliveries have always been prompt, sometimes even unusually fast. 3 days from US to Finland is the personal record.

Question. Will moviemusic.com carry this title? 

And if so any idea what the shipping costs will be?

I found this:

International Rates: Rates begin at $10 per order with one CD. For orders with 2 to 8 CDs, the rate is $20. For orders with 9 to 12 CDs, the rate is $35. For orders with 13 to 17 CDs, the rate is $55. For orders with 18 or more CDs, the rate is $65. Delivery time for Standard Air Mail is anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Question. Will moviemusic.com carry this title? 

Yes.

And if so any idea what the shipping costs will be?

Yes:

23 hours ago, Jay said:

I picked a random address in Helsinki, Finland used the Batman TAS 4CD set as my test candidate (Because it retails for $59.98)

direct from La La Land:

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOL 3  $59.98     
Subtotal:    $59.98
Shipping:    $21.50
Tax:    $0.00
Total:    $81.48

Music Box Records

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL. 3 LLLCD132262,95 €
Total products (tax incl.)    62,95 €
Total shipping    11,50 €
Total    74,45 €

which is $78.83 USD

Dang, you're right!  And yes it wouldn't arrive faster that way either.  Damn!

EDIT: Just for shiggles, I tried two other websites

Screen Archives

Subtotal:    $59.95
Select country to calculate shipping:     Shipping:    $17.50
Total:    $77.45

Movie Music

Items Subtotal:    $59.99
Sales Tax:    $0
Shipping:    $20
Order Total:    $79.99

Yea, its a great store, excellent customer service.  I used to only order from him until I learned the benefits of ordering directly from the labels.  I still use him sometimes when ordering some releases I hadn't picked up yet from multiple labels at a time.

They used to allow a Google Account too, but something happened and they no longer do.

You can place orders as a "guest" without having an account at all.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Seriously, we're finally getting the COMPLETE Jurassic Park and The Lost World scores on CDs and some of you guys are complaining about the frigging shipping costs or a few bucks.

Wow. Talk about spoiled idiots!

I don't think the shipping discussion is out of place. It would be stupid not to try to get the best bargain. Unless you're super rich, of course.

For us Europeans it used to be much cheaper. Not only were the shipping costs far lower, the exchange rate was also in out favour.

Now there's a 5 cent difference between the USD and the EUR. It all adds up.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I don't think the shipping discussion is out of place. It would be stupid not to try to get the best bargain. Unless you're super rich, of course.

I definitely don't think the discussion is out of place and I'm certainly not going to join in insulting people for being thrifty....but that doesn't make it not boring!  Getting the best loan for my house was really important to me...but it was still super boring to research amortization! :P

44 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm not super rich, but I don't mind shelling out 80 bucks (or even up to 100 bucks!) for this release, if it means getting my hands on it and also supporting LLL. That's how happy and thankful to LLL I am that the complete JP and TLW are finally released on CDs.... I mean, I've been waiting for this moment for literally the past 20 years!!!!!!

If I came across as a bit harsh earlier, that wasn't my intention. By all means, discuss your best shipping options! Go to town!! :)

It's possible Universal could release this presentation to iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play, HD Tracks, Spotify, etc at some point in the future.  We don't know yet.  They did for BTTF 1,2,3, but not for Jaws 1-4, so who knows how Universal decides these things.

I've never been an amazed by that moment as so many have, but it will indeed be great to finally have Williams' whole composition without a minute sliced out of the middle, for sure!

Yes, I would imagine that the customs issue is best avoided by ordering from a European retailer such as Music Box.

But IIRC LLL labels their boxes in such a way that they are less likely to get caught up in customs, or something like that.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes, I would imagine that the customs issue is best avoided by ordering from a European retailer such as Music Box.

But IIRC LLL labels their boxes in such a way that they are less likely to get caught up in customs, or something like that.

I did not work last time...

48 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I'm not super rich, but I don't mind shelling out 80 bucks (or even up to 100 bucks!) for this release, if it means getting my hands on it and also supporting LLL. That's how happy and thankful to LLL I am that the complete JP and TLW are finally released on CDs.... I mean, I've been waiting for this moment for literally the past 20 years!!!!!!

If I came across as a bit harsh earlier, that wasn't my intention. By all means, discuss your best shipping options! Go to town!! :)

Of course. I'm sorry if my response came across a little harsh as well. I definitely see your real point. 

2 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

Does anyone know if any UK stores are selling this title?

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you know of a UK store that already sells existing LLL titles, then there's no reason to think they wouldn't sell this title too.

By checking paypal exchange rates... it rises up to 79€ (previously i was checking the people to people money transfer rates). And if i chose visa exchange rate (plus my bank rates that will add to it) it is 80€

I have to order from Music box in the end i think :/

2 hours ago, Demondm810 said:

Moviemusic is a great place to order from.  I know you'll have to wait, but if anything goes awry, Peter will make it right. 

Being a California citizen, I usually try to order from there to save on 9% CA sales tax, since LLL and Intrada and Varese are ALL CA-based and have to impose that on their purchases for me. I forget where MovieMusic is based, but it's not CA. The only times I don't order from there are if one of the labels offers signed copies of something MovieMusic obviously won't have, or if I simply can't wait.

So, for this, I am ordering directly from LLL. ;)

I don't suppose high shipping rates actually serve to support La-La Land themselves, do they?

So better to find the lowest rate and then send a donation directly to them!

Is that even possible?

La La Land - like all the specialty labels - make more money from your purchase if you buy directly from them as opposed to a third party retailer.

The reason is simple - say a CD costs $20.  If you buy direct from LLL, LLL gets $20.  However, if you buy from SAE, well they sold that CD to SAE for a lower amount (say $16), so that means when you give SAE $20, $4 goes to SAE as profit and only $16 goes to LLL.

Beyond that, what little profit (if any) is built into shipping costs (at any retailer) would go to LLL if you buy direct from LLL.  They get nothing other than the $16 otherwise.

So that's why i always buy directly from the labels whenever I can.