Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

www.soundtrackcorner.de, though if you re patient they probably will offer their annual worldwide free shipping from December till January. Musicbox seems the best way to go for europeans, it's like 75€ and you don't risk customs (shipping is 7,50).

I think I will order direct from LLL. It costs some bucks more than other stores but I think I will get it faster that way. And I really want it to be under the X-mas tree. ;)

16 hours ago, mattmane said:

I don't know what point LLL breaks even, but 7500 units sold at $50 each would have resulted in $60,000 more profit than 5000 units at $60... assuming that the sets cost $6/each to make. (I understand that production models are more complicated that this... and that storing unsold stock has a cost. But given the wide appeal of this particular release, I don't think LLL would have had trouble selling 7500 units in a reasonable time-frame.)

I imagine a deal for 7500 units might have been much more expensive than one for 5000.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

www.soundtrackcorner.de, though if you re patient they probably will offer their annual worldwide free shipping from December till January. Musicbox seems the best way to go for europeans, it's like 75€ and you don't risk customs (shipping is 7,50).

Yeah but this website and Music Box come to the exactly the same price. I just checked.

i've never ordered from them before because I thought you can't actually pre-order those. Have you done it before?

Karol

Just now, king mark said:

what I don't like it's one of those "custom" jewel cases that you can't replace if it gets damaged in the mail

They could send another case out, sans disc and booklet?

4 minutes ago, king mark said:

what I don't like it's one of those "custom" jewel cases that you can't replace if it gets damaged in the mail. Why not 2 double jewel cases in a slieve? That way you could seperate the scores on your shelf

It's just like the Superman box set (except that had an outer box), The Danny Elfman Batman Collection, Deep Space Nine Collection etc.

I don't like it because, in my experience, the discs fall out! I transferred the Batman and DS9 discs to regular jewel cases. It takes up more space, but the discs are safe. As for the Superman set autographed by Williams, I just leave it there. The last time I moved it, I felt discs moving around. Damn it.

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Yeah but this website and Music Box come to the exactly the same price. I just checked.

i've never ordered from them before because I thought you can't actually pre-order those. Have you done it before?

Karol

Sure. In german it's 'Vorbestellen".

La La Land says shipping begins on Dec 2nd on their email flyer! So I guess they will collate and start packing orders they receive between 29th Nov and 2nd Dec. I hope they will ship the same to other distributors like SAE as well.

6 minutes ago, azahid said:

La La Land says shipping begins on Dec 2nd on their email flyer! So I guess they will collate and start packing orders they receive between 29th Nov and 2nd Dec. I hope they will ship the same to other distributors like SAE as well.

Thanks for the extra info! I didn't have yet time to check my e-mail this morning and so it indeed says on the LLL flyer. :)

And it kind of makes sense that they would reserve time to prepare this stuff for shipping. They can expect quite a few orders for especially this and also the other Black Friday titles.

And a day or two won't matter as long as I can snatch a copy. It will arrive in the next two weeks to my destination so I have a bit of a wait before me anyway.

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You seem to be really worried about that?

Perhaps there is some traumatic tale of turbulent darkness and lost packages behind Manuel's fears.

20 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You seem to be really worried about that?

yup. I want this score badly enough...

it's some kind of irrational feeling i get when ordering expensive sets.

WIth regular label 1cd scores it doesnt happen...

12 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yup. I want this score badly enough...

it's some kind of irrational feeling i get when ordering expensive sets.

WIth regular label 1cd scores it doesnt happen...

At least with LLL packages you can track the them.

Only hitches I have had are with the Finnish postal service. E.g. two years ago they screwed up and sent my Elfman Batman Collection half across the city to a wrong post office because someone couldn't read the address stamped clear on the package (probably read by a machine at the sorting facility that made the mistake). Not a huge mistake but I was going on Christmas holidays and was worried it wouldn't arrive on time before I left.  But long story short I went and picked it up from that post office and hey presto got my "lost" package safe and sound. Thanks to the tracking number.:)

6 hours ago, azahid said:

La La Land says shipping begins on Dec 2nd on their email flyer!

Nooooo

I hope the flyer is wrong! 

Earlier MV posted that 4 of the titles would ship right away, and only French Connection would ship a little later. 

I wonder if he just accidentally copy and pasted the French Connection ship date under all the titles. 

22 minutes ago, crocodile said:

They might start shipping straight away if thing go right, who knows.

Karol

Yeah. Patience! We are so close I can almost smell the ink of the liner notes!

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

I love the smell of liner notes in the morning...

Who doesn't!

6 hours to go.

I will buy directly from La-La Land records, and optimize the shipping cost by ordering also Empire of the Sun.

Going directly to bankruptcy, but with an excellent score to lead the way! 

14 minutes ago, Romão said:

And at this point, I'm pretty confident La La Land will eventually release an expanded Minority Report

Should be relatively easy, being a Fox film.

Of course, they've already announced they're working on Towering Inferno and JFK, so those will probably have to be finished and approved before the next Spielberg expansion... probably?