Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

They shipped my package yesterday! That was fast!  With any luck it should be here early next week (or dare I hope this Friday!).:)

8 hours ago, Jay said:

YES!  No stupid fade-in to start The Hunt!  Awesome!

So this time out of 10 samples, only 4 are completely OST material, 5 are completely new material, and 1 is a mix of both

Yes !..my favourite cue sounds even more furious and the beginning has a rough timber to it which I just love.. I was wondering if the had used an inferior 3 generation down from the original master track on the OST album?  To me it always sounded somewhat inferior to the other tracks. I hope MM will explain about its origins in great detail on the quality of source tracks used. Now imagine, if 'The Hun't hadn't been used on the OST album- it would have become dynamite discovery on this new set. Still the upgrade in sound quality here makes up for as much excitement. 

it will take some time for me to get this( in Pakistan) as I ordered the set from SAE. I had the option of having it mailed inland to NY as my aunt is visiting me but shes leaving on 5th Dec so i couldn't afford to have it missed  (since the LLL had planned to do shipping on Dec 2 but now I hear its shipping early)

Anyways, lucky folks who get this first...pls share your pics and early feedback! 

Amer

8 hours ago, Jay said:

La La Land says shipping begins on Dec 2nd on their email flyer

31 minutes ago, azahid said:

La La Land says shipping begins on Dec 2nd on their email flyer

That was an error in the flyer on LLL's part. That shipping date only applies to the French Connection set. All the other titles announced on Black Friday were in stock yesterday for shipping.

Does anyone else's order summary page state "This order is pending review" in yellow text at the top? I'm worried now that something is wrong with my order. :(

I ordered about 1.30pm PST.

31 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Does anyone else's order summary page state "This order is pending review" in yellow text at the top? I'm worried now that something is wrong with my order. :(

I ordered about 1.30pm PST.

I have the same thing........... Reason to worry....? :(

I think it just means they are still processing all the orders. I bet they had such a big pile of orders flooding them yesterday, it will take time to go through them all.

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

I think it just means they are processing still. I bet they had such a big pile of orders flooding them yesterday, it will take time to go through them all.

Hopefully, yeah... should've set my alarm earlier to get in the first batch of orders! :(

Once you get an order confirmation email there's no problem with what happens after. Sometimes it's taken them a week to ship it. They seem slower shipping to other countries. I always seem to get mine shipped after they do people from the US

It's the buggy ordering process that bothers me. These soundtrack sites seem antiquated (SAE is even worse) and I hate getting error messages or the site hanging AFTER I've logged into Paypal and trying to send my order because at that moment you don't know what the fuck is wrong, or if you've accidentally ordered it several times. And each time you re-try the order form adds another c.d. to your order and you have to make sure to recalculate with just 1, which you can easily miss if your just panicking to get the order through

4 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

I got mine from Elite Soundtracks in the UK. £79.20 (with Shipping)

I feel like I've been robbed. 

Has anyone else ordered it from them?

I ordered direct from LaLaLand. After the exchange rate it was about £65. So you have definitely been robbed.

Ordered directly from LLL which cost me 81,48 $, that is 76,64 € or 65,31 £. Yeah, it's a hefty sum but I can live with it. Especially considering it shipped immediately yesterday and ordering from any European retailer would have saved me only 1,5 € and I would have had to wait for them to first receive it and then ship it to me.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

71,82€ from Music Box.

Which means I have enough money left to buy myself a lot of candies!

tgaqq.jpg

And that is a good price. For me Music Box was not that much cheaper.

Enjoy your well earned candy! Such economical planning is credit to your reputation my good sir.

After getting the complete A.I., Jurassic Park, and The Lost World as well as the almost complete Hook and Indiana Jones, I'm 100% positive that, in the fullness of time, we'll see EVERY (major) score from JW in complete form, including the Harry Potter scores, the Star Wars prequel scores, and the Indiana Jones scores....

Exciting times, indeed!

11 minutes ago, hornist said:

Mmm... candy and Jurassic Park. I prefer beer with the dinos though.

You prefer beer with most things if I recall correctly.

20 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

After getting the complete A.I., Jurassic Park, and The Lost World as well as the almost complete Hook and Indiana Jones, I'm 100% positive that, in the fullness of time, we'll see EVERY (major) score from JW in complete form, including the Harry Potter scores, the Star Wars prequel scores, and the Indiana Jones scores....

Exciting times, indeed!

In time...years time. We'll eventually get all three with Azkaban in 2030 or something.

I paid €78.14 on Music Box because I added insured shipping via express carrier. If I'd ordered directly on LLL it would have been €76,52 (S&H included) at today's exchange rate. Of course Music Box will start shipping later than LLL, so this means I will not receive my parcel before Dec 12-15. I'm patient though ;)

Just now, TownerFan said:

I paid €78.14 on Music Box because I added insured shipping via express carrier. If I'd ordered directly on LLL it would have been €76,52 (S&H included) at today's exchange rate. Of course Music Box will start shipping later than LLL, so this means I will not receive my parcel before Dec 12-15. I'm patient though ;)

We film music fans usually have to be. We have waited for this release over 20 years. A few more days won't matter will they? ;)

25 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Did we ever doubt that?

The question was always "When will they be released?", not "Will they be released?"

18 minutes ago, RPurton said:

In time...years time. We'll eventually get all three with Azkaban in 2030 or something.

Well at least were much closer to this goal of all major scores expanded. It wasn't so long ago that things looked kinda hopeless for any expanded JW release  and the list of holy grails was very long

in the past few years we had:

-Scores that were never released before (Black Sunday,Family plot...)

-Spielberg scores in complete releases (Hook,ETOS,1941, A.I.,JP,TLW,Jaws...)

-Several important recording sessions leak

-Academy promos with lots of unreleased music, making official expansions less crucial (Tintin, TFA, War Horse...)

-Lots of new recordings of his concert pieces and fanfares...

now basically all that's really missing is the SW Prequels and HP3. And we have 90% of the complete SW Prequel music anyways.I just want to get rid of my "editing projects" with videogame files

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Did we ever doubt that?

The question was always "When will they be released?", not "Will they be released?"

Well, I was hoping, of course, but I wasn't really sure... 

Especially TLW, which was my number one holy grail since A.I. was released.    

7 minutes ago, king mark said:

Well at least were much closer to this goal of all major scores expanded. It wasn't so long ago that things looked kinda hopeless for any expanded JW release  and the list of holy grails was very long

in the past few years we had:

-Scores that were never released before (Black Sunday,Family plot...)

-Spielberg scores in complete releases (1941, A.I.,JP,TLW,Jaws...)

-Several important recording sessions leak

-Academy promos with unreleased music

-Lots of new recordings of his concert pieces and fanfares...

now basically all that's really missing is the Prequels and HP3

Prequels, HP3 and Indy done right.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

You can have both, my friend!

3649_original_tumblr_lhf1yiJf4F1qh59n0o1

The wonders never cease!

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Ordered directly from LLL which cost me 81,48 $, that is 76,64 € or 65,31 £. Yeah, it's a hefty sum but I can live with it. Especially considering it shipped immediately yesterday and ordering from any European retailer would have saved me only 1,5 € and I would have had to wait for them to first receive it and then ship it to me.

Incanus, 76,64€ is what appears in your bank/card account? Does you bank not charge you for the exchange rate? My banks adds up 3.95% of the total + the visa exchange rate which was 81€. Or did you use paypal exchange rate? for me it was 79+€

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Incanus, 76,64€ is what appears in your bank/card account? Does you bank not charge you for the exchange rate? My banks adds up 3.95% of the total + the visa exchange rate which was 81€. Or did you use paypal exchange rate? for me it was 79+€

I get charged about £1.25 for a foreign currency transaction and that's via Santander.

8 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I used Paypal and it shows 81.48$ which is 76,64 €. I don't recall there being any additional expenses. I'll have to check my next bill to see if there were possibly some.

I can certainly say " I spared no expense" on this one. :P

paypal shows me 1€ = 1,029$. Which is 1$=0,97€

It depends if you use paypal exchange rate (what i posted above) or your visa exchange rate. VIsa exchange rate is better, if your bank does not charge you additionally.

I checked visa...and with 0% bank tax it's still 77,14€

What the hell did you do? It's a very good price coming from LLL directly :o

5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

paypal shows me 1€ = 1,029$. Which is 1$=0,97€

It depends if you use paypal exchange rate (what i posted above) or your visa exchange rate. VIsa exchange rate is better, if your bank does not charge you additionally.

I checked visa...and with 0% bank tax it's still 77,14€

What the hell did you do? It's a very good price coming from LLL directly :o

I'll have to check if I am just wrong when I check my new bank statement on this Manuel. I probably didn't get any preferential treatment but made some error in my calculations. So don't fret. :P

EDIT: Yup the final cost is a bit under 80€ on Paypal.

So did you receive a shipping confirmation already?

8 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Every bank and credit card company apply a fee for exchange rate. It usually varies depending on the total sum you're paying.

Yes of course. It wasn't marked on my receipt this time around. I might be expecting "huge sum" of couple of euros on top of the price I mentioned above. But as I said I spared no expense. ;)

But in these tough economical times I certainly understand the concerns of many people and careful consideration for their cheapest option for ordering these rather expensive sets.

1 hour ago, king mark said:

I've never considered TLW a personal holy grail,but now I'm sure I'll appreciate this score more

Oh, it was for me. TLW might be one of the most underrated JW scores ever... Mostly because of the inevitable comparison with JP.

My new holy grails are (and there really aren't that many left):

1. Star Wars prequel scores (one set?)

2. Harry Potter 1-3 (one set?)

3. Far and Away

4. JFK

5. Minority Report

6. Born on the Fourth of July 

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

My order cost exactly the same.

No shipment notice for poor Bilbo yet though ?

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Oh, it was for me. TLW might be one of the most underrated JW scores ever... Mostly because of the inevitable comparison with JP.

My new holy grails are (and there really aren't that many left):

1. Star Wars prequel scores (one set?)

2. Harry Potter 1-3 (one set?)

3. Far and Away

4. JFK

5. Minority Report

6. Born on the Fourth of July 

JP and TLW both constitute a big holy grail for me, which still leaves quite a few, including those you mention, on my list. Especially Indiana Jones scores done right is on the top of my personal wish list. Close Encounters and E.T. too as they have yet to receive the definitive treatment they deserve.

And before we just cross this set of scores off the list and move on, let us enjoy the new release properly. I am itching with anticipation to be able listen to these two in full form after all these years of waiting! :)

11 hours ago, king mark said:

there's some shit sounding live bootlegs and I don't like the Kunzel version, it sounds weak

The quality of that Madrid concert performance from 2011 was pretty good IMO. Then again, that wasn't a bootleg but a live professionally-recorded broadcast.

Any word on what Thor thinks about these expanded releases? I know he's a big JP fan and so presumably he's pretty irked that these have come along and undermined his original concept albums? 

Just now, Quintus said:

Any word on what Thor thinks about these expanded releases? I know he's a big JP fan and so presumably he's pretty irked that these have come along and undermined his original concept albums? 

I think it goes without saying what his stance and policy is by now.

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

He implied that? 

Well, I'm of course saying that it seems that way to me. He might not actually be intending on implying that. But that's how I initially interpret some of his posts.

Like I said, I could be reading some of his posts wrong.

Anyway, moving on, my order status has yet to update so I have no idea how long it's going to take to get here.