Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

10 minutes ago, Score said:

Instead, that's exactly how I feel... :( 

I would be interested only in complete releases of HP1, HP2 and HP3. Extremely interested in those and E.T. . But I would not spend 1 dollar for any of the other scores in the HP franchise.

This might've been discussed in the relevant Potter film/score thread, but each score in the series definitely brings something new and valuable to the series. OotP-DHpt.2 are my least favourite scores of the series, but I've had no qualms about wanting the music in complete form. Goblet of Fire however is a grand score, it would've been interesting to hear what he would have done with the rest of the series, just as it would've been interesting to hear what Williams would've done...

JW took the parts where HP is a child, it suited the character well, the magic, childhood, etc.... and "others"... took the parts when he became a teen... darker moments... when things goes wrong... and the movies became mostly dull, in the most "english" way.

4 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Slightly off-topic, but why do people always talk about the first three HP scores selling out incredibly quickly? You do know we have 8 HP scores, right? Six of which are very decent. It's not like everything went downhill dramatically just because Williams stopped writing... and I can tell you that the average HP fanboy is not obsessed with JW.

Of course the Williams scores will sell more than scores by Nicholas Hooper, Doyle and Desplat. That's just the way it is! 

On 11/30/2016 at 4:19 AM, Quintus said:

Any word on what Thor thinks about these expanded releases? I know he's a big JP fan and so presumably he's pretty irked that these have come along and undermined his original concept albums? 

Knowing him he most likely doesn't give a fucking shit about this release.  Makes me wish force choke was real...

The Williams scores are the ones you order the moment they go on sale. The Hooper ones are the type you might pick up months later, with a few other titles thats were not a priority.

If one even bothers to order those. I know I wouldn't 

First I wanted to order it directly from LLL. But I ordered it now from Intrada together with Broughtons "All I want for Christmas". I hope they receive it soon from LLL to send it out.

3 hours ago, dfenton85 said:

Some of the threads during TFA's first few days of release were very busy too.

Yeah, that's what I was going to bring up! I'm not sure if any individual thread got the many pages that fast, but that would only be because there were so many. It was madness! 

I'm Thorish, in the sense that when I sit down to listen to, say, A.I. or Jaws or Lord of the Rings or whatever, I'll typically get more enjoyment out of the programmed OST presentation.  But I would never dismiss the rest of the music as not worth buying/listening to.  I'm excited to get the JP set, just as I was excited to get the LOTR CRs, Jaws expansion, AI expansion, etc.

I absolutely think the original OSTs, especially when arranged by the composer, have a lot of value - I've always said I feel BOTH presentations should be available to everyone for all time.

Since you specifically mentioned it, though, I must mention that AI is actually one of the worst assembled OSTs of Williams' career, omitting many highlights and filling the void left by them with those awful Josh Groban songs (that weren't even in the movie)

I could take or leave the Groban songs - twice is definitely overkill.  LLL's complete AI tells a great story, and I have no argument with that as a preferred listening method - I've listened that way several times.  For me, the first "act" is a bit of a slog with only a few highlights, all of which are already basically on the OST (Hide and Seek, Abandoned in the Woods).  I also rarely have time to listen to a 2hr score, and ~70 min is a lot more manageable.

I really love Williams' OST for A.I., and have never really understood the complaints about it.  It was also one of the first scores I bought for myself on CD - the movie came out a month after I got my first job (at a movie theater), so I saw the movie like three times for free and bought the album.  So maybe there's some nostalgia about the presentation, too.

Back on topic, JP was my first Williams score on cassette back in the 1990s - let's see if this expansion gives me the same "eh"s ;)

I'm excited to hear The Lost World for the first time without the last two tracks skipping, thanks dumb CD case.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I could take or leave the Groban songs - twice is definitely overkill.  LLL's complete AI tells a great story, and I have no argument with that as a preferred listening method - I've listened that way several times.  For me, the first "act" is a bit of a slog with only a few highlights, all of which are already basically on the OST (Hide and Seek, Abandoned in the Woods).  I also rarely have time to listen to a 2hr score, and ~70 min is a lot more manageable.

I really love Williams' OST for A.I., and have never really understood the complaints about it.  It was also one of the first scores I bought for myself on CD - the movie came out a month after I got my first job (at a movie theater), so I saw the movie like three times for free and bought the album.  So maybe there's some nostalgia about the presentation, too.

Yea, to each their own!  I miss those eery setups of the "Abandoned In The Woods" theme, all the early appearances of the "Blue Fairy Theme", and the moments sliced out of "Journey To Rogue City" and "The Mecha World" when I listen to the OST.

I actually have tinkered around with making my own 70-80 edit of the score, kind of my personal "the OST that should have been" because I totally agree that often I am not ready or willing to undertake the whole 2+ hour score.

On 30/11/2016 at 5:18 AM, Gistech said:

The quality of that Madrid concert performance from 2011 was pretty good IMO. Then again, that wasn't a bootleg but a live professionally-recorded broadcast.

Is this on Youtube?

I stumbled across this wide-ranging John Williams tribute concert at the Grand Rex of Paris...

The Lost World  @  1:27:37

Jurassic Park  @  1:48:40

The musicians and conductor seem capable for the most part, but the sound mix is... off. Questionable camera work at times, as well. Enjoyable, nonetheless.

My tracking number started to work this evening. My set is currently in Los Angeles. Probably a bit soon for me to sit by my front door near Birmingham, UK right?? :P

15 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

I'm having a psychotic episode and living on the streets, no PMs. I say I have the Jurassic Park set, my inbox is blowing up. Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I knew you were going through hard times so I left you alone

Mine hasn't changed either. My A.I. set was dispatched the day after I ordered it, but with the large number of orders for JP and the fact that the order was international, I expect it to stay the same until next week.

5 hours ago, alan1984 said:

My tracking number started to work this evening. My set is currently in Los Angeles. Probably a bit soon for me to sit by my front door near Birmingham, UK right?? :P

Same here. Although my tracking number worked from the get-go. Which means I have been seeing how my package is slowly moving toward LA these past two days. :P

My USPS shipping info says "In Transit to Destination"... hopefully that means I get it tomorrow?  Unfortunately, there's no location attached to that update!

It left California Wednesday night just before midnight so.... I would think that means I'll get it Saturday :(

Usually when I order on a new release Tuesday, I get the stuff on Friday, but I'm pretty sure I usually get my stamps.com shipping email ON Tuesday, instead of Wednesday like happened this time, which makes me think Saturday.  Oh well.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Pandemonium!

Catastrophe! Fire! Foe! Danger!

And in some countries they actually deliver mail on Saturdays. Not here though. Instead our postal service is trying to find new avenues of revenue and are thus e.g. mowing the lawns for pay in the summer and probably shovelling snow soon as well. Delivering mail obviously isn't that important.

Ha so the booklet cover has no teeth! The initial PR photo wasn't wrong after all (or was it featured this toothless cover). Scallenger's worst fear was realized.

Not that it matters too much if the music still has enough teeth. LLL will probably offer to send us replacements as soon as they spot this little inaccuracy (if they haven't already).

Man I want my set now! :w00t:

But as I said LLL will with all likelyhood replace our erroneously printed liner note booklets.

2 minutes ago, king mark said:

then the tootless version value will soar on ebay

Ooh I never thought of that. The rare collectible first edition toothless T-Rex skeleton JW Jurassic Park Collection box liner notes cover. It will fetch hundreds if not tens of dollars!

It will be the security of my old age, my pension fund and ticket to untold riches once I retire and sell it for hefty profit.