Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

5 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

It doesn't sound compressed to me, but it may be. Then again, I've spent most of my time listening to it cranking The Lost World as loud as I can.

Whether it's noticeable and whether it's a good thing are purely subjective, but I assure you there's definitely compression going on here, and not just a gentle ceiling in the loudest peaks.

Tonight I'll be giving TLW a whirl...maybe that one will sound fine to me. :D

(And because I don't want to sound unappreciative, it bears mentioning that I'm still VERY glad this release happened, and I don't regret buying it in the slightest. What a treat just to have all of JP, let alone all the unreleased wonders of TLW I'll be enjoying tonight.)

My copy *might* arrive today. It was on it's way from Heathrow to the delivery office at 10am yesterday so I live in hope. Royal Mail, don't fail me now! :P

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Mine departed L.A. nearly 2 days ago. I guess it's either on a plane or sitting in a large pile waiting to be sorted in Heathrow.

Come on!

Yes, come on. My copy is still in L.A.

I seldom buy from them now that they're not their own label. I never even check their storefront for sales. If I'm going to pay for quick shipping, I buy from the labels.

My shipment arrived in my state today. Should be here soon. 

56 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Strange. I was tracking my parcel for a few days now. It was at London Gatwick airport yesterday... but now is in California?

Karol

Something similar happened to me some time ago with two La-La Land packages. They both arrived in The Netherlands, but then one of them was sent to Saudi Arabia and the other one to Canada. And then they came back to The Netherlands. :eh:

6 minutes ago, FrankV said:

Something similar happened to me some time ago with two La-La Land packages. They both arrived in The Netherlands, but then one of them was sent to Saudi Arabia and the other one to Canada. And then they came back to The Netherlands. :eh:

My package has now apparently left the Netherlands and is heading to Finland. Hopefully here tomorrow or Wednesday. Probably Wednesday since tomorrow is our independence day which is a holiday.

6 minutes ago, Incanus said:

My package has now apparently left the Netherlands and is heading to Finland. Hopefully here tomorrow or Wednesday. Probably Wednesday since tomorrow is our independence day which is a holiday.

Don't be surprised if it's back in CA right now.

Karol

4 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Don't be surprised if it's back in CA right now.

Karol

Hey it was in LA for a weekend. I think it has seen enough of California. I am not paying for needless sightseeing!

Yeah can't really blame it. It's dark and cold here in the North. The winter is coming or so they think. We might get snow again this week.

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Yeah can't really blame it. It's dark and cold here in the North. The winter is coming or so they think. We might get snow again this week.

Karol

Just now, Incanus said:

I just hope my set gets here before the white walkers.

Shards of the CDs of expanded John Williams soundtracks is the only weapon capable of killing them!

LLL must still be shipping out orders received on that first day, then.  Wow.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already sold 3,000-4,000 copies.... or if its 5,000 copy run is gone before the new year.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

LLL must still be shipping out orders received on that first day, then.  Wow.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already sold 3,000-4,000 copies.... or if its 5,000 copy run is gone before the new year.

Hopefully they'll get right on to replacing the booklets after getting the orders sent. ;)

But I am very happy this set has sold so well. Good work LLL! :)

Mine has finally made its presence known in the UK. I'd expect to receive it either tomorrow or (more likely) Weds.

Even my lay colleague wants to hear this, as he watched JP many times as a kid. I suspect this is going to sell very quickly for LLL. Hopefully that also sends a message to Universal that this stuff sells when aimed at the right market.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:57 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

Ashamed?

That's going to be a great experience.

To follow up: It is quite an experience so far.

Those percussion rhythms really are superb, and drive the score in such a fun way.

This is a lot of fun, and the thematic material sounds superb.

Great driving music for a road trip and on my commutes for the week. :)

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Mine has finally made its presence known in the UK. I'd expect to receive it either tomorrow or (more likely) Weds.

Even my lay colleague wants to hear this, as he watched JP many times as a kid. I suspect this is going to sell very quickly for LLL. Hopefully that also sends a message to Universal that this stuff sells when aimed at the right market.

Mine was in London yesterday and now is in the US, apparently.

Karol

My order shows that it will ship in 2-3 days.  Seems like they were wholly unprepared for the response to this one.

Fine by me; I tend only to listen to Christmas music during December, so I doubt this'd get a spin until 2017, anyways.  Don't tell La-La Land I said that, though...