Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

Mine shipped one day before Rich's copy and still no sign of it. And this "back in CA" tracking status worries me a bit.

("Worries" is bit of a big word. This is far from the biggest problem right now for me. Merely slight inconvenience really)

Karol

Haha. Yeah.

It would be nice to have it, I'm dying to hear it for the first time. Plus had a tough last week and it would be nice balm to soothe the wounds, so to speak. I'll be really busy after today and it might not stop till next weekend. Just wanted to listen in peace before diving back in this stressful madness.

Karol

13 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Mine shipped one day before Rich's copy and still no sign of it.

I think I've been very lucky - from the point where it was physically given to USPS in L.A., to my receiving it in Surrey: 4 days. That may be a record (and this close to Xmas!). I guess once you've escaped LLL's bottleneck, it should get over here pretty quick.

Mine shipped the other day but technically hasn't left CA. USPS says it's "awaiting item" probably to then be sent to a sorting facility then shipped overseas. chances of getting it before xmas are slightly diminished now. 

54 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Mine shipped one day before Rich's copy and still no sign of it. And this "back in CA" tracking status worries me a bit.

("Worries" is bit of a big word. This is far from the biggest problem right now for me. Merely slight inconvenience really)

Karol

Well a completely needless returning of your package to US is weird and inconveniencing indeed.

I remember once that once my package from Amazon UK was returned to the seller as "undeliverable" to my address without any good reason. The second time was the charm in that case. And as I have said before once our Finnish postal service also couldn't apparently read my name in the label on a box printed clear as day on top of it  and returned it to the post office on the other side of the city. So everything and anything is possible with mail, especially when the Christmas rush begins.

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The illiteracy in the Finnish postal service is heartbreaking!

And nerve-racking and inconvenient on top of that as well!

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

Well a completely needless returning of your package to US is weird and inconveniencing indeed.

I remember once that once my package from Amazon UK was returned to the seller as "undeliverable" to my address without any good reason. The second time was the charm in that case. And as I have said before once our Finnish postal service also couldn't apparently read my name in the label on a box printed clear as day on top of it  and returned it to the post office on the other side of the city. So everything and anything is possible with mail, especially when the Christmas rush begins.

From the tracking info today it looks like it's going back to LLL... Strange. Just e-mailed them about it to give them a heads up in case this happens.

Maybe it got damaged in transit or something.

Karol

On 5.12.2016 at 3:59 PM, azahid said:

So no one ordered via SAE?

I did, on the 29th. It's still pending, although I also included the two Blue Lagoons and the Moby Dick Blu-ray, so who knows which of these is responsible for the holdup. Perhaps all of them. SAE is a shipping black box.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

My copy is currently on my coffee table!

What is your coffee table doing in the Netherlands?

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

The coffee is stronger here!

So naturally coffee tables congregate there?

My copy arrived in Norway early today, according to USPS Package Tracking. It could arrive at my place tomorrow. I haven't been as surprised and as happy about an expanded/complete soundtrack re-release since Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That one seems to have spurned a release of expanded/complete versions of all the Star Trek soundtracks. Does that make the case for assuming that many or most all other John Williams soundtracks will also get the expanded/complete treatment? Or maybe the question is a silly one - I am not steeped in knowledge about John Williams soundtrack (re-)releases as many as you fellow forum members are. Anyway, this release is little bit of a dream come true.

Jan

10 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I did, on the 29th. It's still pending, although I also included the two Blue Lagoons and the Moby Dick Blu-ray, so who knows which of these is responsible for the holdup. Perhaps all of them. SAE is a shipping black box.

Marian, I called SAE on Monday and they informed that they still haven't revived their batch from La La Land as yet. And SAE is quite overwhelmed with their Twilight Time Sale as they haven't even sent their usual email flyers of items in stock n shipping etc. So i guess we will just have to wait and hope for a timely delivery by D

December end!

The wait for this to ship is so painful... I'm impatient at the best of times but I feel like my sanity is being stretched.

I doubt it'll arrive by Christmas if it doesn't leave LA this week; Australia Post is useless in December.

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Really... LLL should do their big releases in the summer.

They are always on black friday...and with the Christmas coming, it's a lot of ackages in the post office.

Mine hasn't even entered the postage cycle yet, that's what worries me. The next two weeks are the busiest of the year.

1 hour ago, hornist said:

Thank You LaLa Land Employee3

Employee2 is a cool guy too.

Finnish postal system isn't that cool. My package has languished at the Helsinki airport for two days now. Get a move on people! Chop chop!

La La Land has certainly released many "big" albums outside of the Black Friday timeframe, Luke, maybe they just weren't your cup of tea

September 2011 - 1941 2CD

March 2012 - Hook 2CD

June 2012 - Star Trek TMP 3CD

May 2013 - Rosewood 2CD

August 2013 - Matrix Reloaded 2CD

June 2013 - Empire of the Sun 2CD

June 2015 - AI 3CD

Sep 2016 - Ferris Bueller

etc

I don't understand the controversy about this one track - Williams has been editing pieces out of cues for his soundtrack albums for four decades.  Why is learning the reason for this edit so essential, why is this one edit treated different than his hundreds of other in-cue OST edits?

Okay, just to clarify, those of you who ordered this within the first 24 hours directly from LLL, have you all gotten shipping notices yet? Or not?

I'm ordering it this weekend. What are the odds that I'm getting it before Christmas (I'm in London)? 

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't understand the controversy about this one track - Williams has been editing pieces out of cues for his soundtrack albums for four decades.  Why is learning the reason for this edit so essential, why is this one edit treated different than his hundreds of other in-cue OST edits?

I cannot help myself, I'm curious.

8 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Okay, just to clarify, those of you who ordered this within the first 24 hours directly from LLL, have you all gotten shipping notices yet? Or not?

I was the fourth order placed on their website when the titles went live on Tuesday.  I received my "shipping in 2-3 days" email 15 minutes later, my "stamps.com" shipping confirmation Wednesday evening, and my package arrived via USPS Priority Mail Saturday morning.

I'm ordering it this weekend. What are the odds that I'm getting it before Christmas (I'm in London)? 

Probably zero.  At this point, they have likely sold so many copies, they'll be out of stock until more come in from the pressing plant in late December or January.  This is purely my own speculations; They haven't publicly commented on sales figures at all, that I've seen.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I was the fourth order placed on their website when the titles went live on Tuesday.  I received my "shipping in 2-3 days" email 15 minutes later, my "stamps.com" shipping confirmation Wednesday evening, and my package arrived from LLL Saturday morning.

As I have said a few times I ordered on the 29th as soon as the site came back online just after 12 PST, got my confirmation about 10 minutes later and the package was shipped a few hours after that. I am still waiting for my set which should arrive tomorrow or on Friday if all goes well.

17 hours ago, Pater Ecstaticus said:

I haven't been as surprised and as happy about an expanded/complete soundtrack re-release since Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That one seems to have spurned a release of expanded/complete versions of all the Star Trek soundtracks. Does that make the case for assuming that many or most all other John Williams soundtracks will also get the expanded/complete treatment? Or maybe the question is a silly one - I am not steeped in knowledge about John Williams soundtrack (re-)releases as many as you fellow forum members are.

Apples and Oranges.

In Star Trek's case, the reason there hadn't been expansions of the film scores before that one (other than the Motion Picture expansion by Sony) was Paramount.  Up until the late 2000s, the specialty labels had had no problems licensing scores from the catalogs of Fox, Warner Brothers, Disney, Universal, etc, but Paramount had eluded them.  Thanks to the efforts of Lukas Kendal and a change in management at Paramount, in the late 2000s licensing scores from Paramount became possible.  The first one released was Airplane! by La-La Land, and soon MANY other Paramount titles followed including all of the Star Trek films, and now they've moved on to all the Star Trek tv shows.  Of course, strong sales of Star Trek II expansion by FSM helped ensure that all the films would eventually be expanded, which they were.

As far as Williams goes, its a different ballgame.  He's worked in the industry in 7 different decades now, and in the process has worked for all the major film studios.  As a result, all the different specialty labels have released titles from his back catalogy for the past almost 20 years now, though since Williams has scored over 100 films there's still plenty more to go.

These two threads might help you learn more about which titles have been expanded and which haven't:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24564-john-williams-scores-by-studio/

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18835-john-williams-low-quantity-alerts/

I should also point out among all those specialty label releases over the last ~20 years, there's been a variety of different people who worked on them (production, editing, mixing, mastering, etc).  But one person in particular oversaw a lot of the big titles, especially for Williams scores to Spielberg films, and ultimately Spielberg's camp elected to make him (Mike Matessino) the only person who will oversee all future Spielberg/Williams expansions.  The Spielberg/Williams releases he has already tackled are:

1941: (Out of Print)

The Empire of the Sun

A.I. Artificial Intelligence 

Jaws

Jurassic Park / The Lost World

If you want to vote on which Spielberg/Williams films might be tackled next - trust me, people are watching these things - vote here in this thread I created:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26853-which-spielbergwilliams-film-score-do-you-most-want-expanded-next/

And post your reasons why in the thread!

I'm (im)patiently waiting for my package... it apparently left L.A. last Friday... it doesn't help that my last package from the USA was lost :-/

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Apples and Oranges.

In Star Trek's case, the reason there hadn't been expansions of the film scores before that one (other than the Motion Picture expansion by Sony) was Paramount.  Up until the late 2000s, the specialty labels had had no problems licensing scores from the catalogs of Fox, Warner Brothers, Disney, Universal, etc, but Paramount had eluded them.  Thanks to the efforts of Lukas Kendal and a change in management at Paramount, in the late 2000s licensing scores from Paramount became possible.  The first one released was Airplane! by La-La Land, and soon MANY other Paramount titles followed including all of the Star Trek films, and now they've moved on to all the Star Trek tv shows.  Of course, strong sales of Star Trek II expansion by FSM helped ensure that all the films would eventually be expanded, which they were.

As far as Williams goes, its a different ballgame.  He's worked in the industry in 7 different decades now, and in the process has worked for all the major film studios.  As a result, all the different specialty labels have released titles from his back catalogy for the past almost 20 years now, though since Williams has scored over 100 films there's still plenty more to go.

These two threads might help you learn more about which titles have been expanded and which haven't:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24564-john-williams-scores-by-studio/

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18835-john-williams-low-quantity-alerts/

I should also point out among all those specialty label releases over the last ~20 years, there's been a variety of different people who worked on them (production, editing, mixing, mastering, etc).  But one person in particular oversaw a lot of the big titles, especially for Williams scores to Spielberg films, and ultimately Spielberg's camp elected to make him (Mike Matessino) the only person who will oversee all future Spielberg/Williams expansions.  The Spielberg/Williams releases he has already tackled are:

1941: (Out of Print)

The Empire of the Sun

A.I. Artificial Intelligence 

Jaws

Jurassic Park / The Lost World

If you want to vote on which Spielberg/Williams films might be tackled next - trust me, people are watching these things - vote here in this thread I created:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26853-which-spielbergwilliams-film-score-do-you-most-want-expanded-next/

And post your reasons why in the thread!

Thanks! (Apples and oranges - I feared as much ;) )

I am learning a lot every day :) 

We are averaging about 200 to 220 packages a day, having a total around 2600 orders since release day. Those monkeys are hard at work getting out the orders as fast they can. We thank you for your patience.

MV

That's a LOT of orders!  Obviously not all of those orders contained the JP set, but some quick math tells me they should be shipping orders in the .... 122800s around now?

Wow, 2600 orders in 8 days! Based on those figures, it will take them until the weekend to be fully caught up.

I was around 300 in the queue right after the site came online, and I received mine yesterday.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That's a LOT of orders!  Obviously not all of those orders contained the JP set, but some quick math tells me they should be shipping orders in the .... 122800s around now?

I ordered 90 minutes after the site went up (order no. 122382) and mine still hasn't shipped. It's said "Will ship in 2-3 days" for a week now.

Seems weird considering others ordered that night and have their copies already, and other retailers are already shipping their copies out.