Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

I just finished my first complete listen of The Lost World in my 5.1 home theater and noticed the harp on maybe 3 occasions. Hardly a "remix issue" or "unnaturally prominent." It's exactly as Murphy and Williams intended it to sound, so that's a bizarre criticism IMHO.

11 minutes ago, hornist said:

Yesterday the mailman woke me up at 11a.m. and delivered some parcel, packed so effectively that it looked like a football. Then I came here and ordered Lincoln FYC Album... Shitty day for a true fan, they should have let me sleep!!

You have truly suffered. First a football package then Lincoln FYC album. The horror, the horror.

Believe it or not, my package is still stuck since December 13 in North Texas with a "Processing Exception".

I think this package will never make it to Canada. :angry:

Should I ask the sender to send me another one or ask him a refund?

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Believe it or not, my package is still stuck since December 13 in North Texas with a "Processing Exception".

I think this package will never make it to Canada. :angry:

Should I ask the sender to send me another one or ask him a refund?

Yes i think you should query them about that.

7 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yes i think you should query them about that.

Very bad timming, their office is closed this week!

Note to myself: never order CDs again near Christmas time.

:kaboom:

I recieved the Jurassic Park box set today, and like Mr. Breathmasks the transparent case had all but disintegrated.

The teeth that hold the CD's in place have broken off for discs 1 and 4 (ironic really) the front case has broken away and there a slight scuff on CD one. If it does play correctly Music Box will have to replace it.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's why I prefer ordering direct from LLL instead of via Music Box. LLL wraps the sets in copious amounts of bubble wrap. 

I was surprised my copy arrived unscathed. Usually there is at least a small crack in the case but this time nothing. Must have been that small football of bubble wrap that it was encased in which kept it safe. :) 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's why I prefer ordering direct from LLL instead of via Music Box. LLL wraps the sets in copious amounts of bubble wrap. 

Um you do like in the US really it would make any sense to order from music box :P

BTW, all my shipments from LLL have come with broken cases in several degrees of decomposition. I never saw any ultra protected package from them. I think that is a recent custom.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I ordered from LLL as well. My case still arrived damaged.

Also, you live in the USA. You have absolutely no reason to order a LLL release from a French website.

1 minute ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I ordered from LLL as well. My case still arrived damaged.

And you blamed me!

2016-12-20 19.24.53.jpg

17 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

I got mine direct from LLL and, while the teeth were intact, there was a fairly noticeable scratch on the front of the case.  I'm not too beat up about it, but it's unfortunate.

What? Wasn't it shrink-wrapped?

2 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

I believe it was shrinkwrapped.  Still had the scratch though.  It's not very deep in the plastic or anything.

Employees 2 or 3 might have so explaining to do! People don't like when you scratch CD cases before packaging and mailing them.

6 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

I believe it was shrinkwrapped.  Still had the scratch though.  It's not very deep in the plastic or anything.

Mine was shrinkwrapped. And it is scratched as if was an old cd case that has gone in and out a shelf several times...

With the flimsy material and this general scratching...i think it is obvious that the case come from a cheap factory. I think we pay for a more quality in the package...

Really. Eliminating the 2.5 $ for each additional cd in multiple cd scores and i would be more satisfied. Just charge 14-15$ per shipments (2-3 scores maximun) and it would be more fair.

OK, just arrived from Music Box. Box is damaged, front hinges broken off, the dents for the 1st CD dito. CD seem undamaged. seemed to be well packed in card box plus bubblewrap, but not enough obviously. What do they do to those packets, trample on them?

2 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Mine was shrinkwrapped. And it is scratched as if was an old cd case that has gone in and out a shelf several times...

With the flimsy material and this general scratching...i think it is obvious that the case come from a cheap factory. I think we pay for a more quality in the package...

Really. Eliminating the 2.5 $ for each additional cd in multiple cd scores and i would be more satisfied. Just charge 14-15$ per shipments (2-3 scores maximun) and it would be more fair.

Pictures? I have to see it with my own eyes.

Anyway, scratched cases are annoying but nothing to write home about.

But BROKEN cases are more than annoying, it's a freaking nuisance, because they have to be replaced. 

And worst of all is when the teeth are broken and the CDs are freely floating around in the cases. When that happens, the CDs themselves are apt to show small scratches too, and that's where I draw the line. That's when I see red.

31 minutes ago, Gurkensalat said:

OK, just arrived from Music Box. Box is damaged, front hinges broken off, the dents for the 1st CD dito. CD seem undamaged. seemed to be well packed in card box plus bubblewrap, but not enough obviously. What do they do to those packets, trample on them?

Sorry to hear that. Sucks.

18 hours ago, Jay said:

I've never seen a CD wrapped in so much bubble wrap as this one. Intrada uses a box with one sheet on top of the CD and I've never had a problem. This.... is quite some protection.

The only box I can remember arriving with any sort of damage was MoH, and I ordered it from that place in Burbank that holds signings. I think one of the spines was cracked.

18 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Also, you live in the USA. You have absolutely no reason to order a LLL release from a French website.

And you blamed me!

2016-12-20 19.24.53.jpg

Postal services really must hate the Dutch.

Karol

I mailed Music Box about the damaged case and received this reply:

Thank you for letting us know. 
We are very sorry to read that the box set was damaged in spite of our careful packaging.
We will send you a replacement boxset with your next order. Thank you for your understanding.
Happy holidays!

Well, it was my first order from them and I am not sure if there will be a second.

Will they send you another 70€ JP collection of you order for example a 16€ CD? weird.

Or they mean just an empty box...

Definately Stefan you must contact them as your CD was even damaged.

24 minutes ago, Gurkensalat said:

I am sure they mean an empty box. Which i will probably just buy on amazon for 4 Euro or so.

Arent there chinese cheap stores out there? You can find cheap CD cases there

I assume I am the last one who hasn't received the set (at least of those who ordered it rigth away)? I am beginning to lose all hope it'll ever arrive. Tracking shows still no update since LA on Decmber 1st. :(

15 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Mine arrived today, unscathed, and with all teeth intact (except those that aren't there anyway).

Did you order right away, and from LaLaLand directly?