Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

5 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I'm thinking of buying a second, archival copy of this one.... this is such a monumental release, it'd be good to have backup. Anybody done that already? 

I did that with A.I. also. I actually bought 3 copies. 2 for me, 1 for my gf. Supporting LLL, as well! :)

That's a lot of money!

23 hours ago, RPurton said:

I rip my CD's to FLAC so they're pretty much archival :)

I do that too!

The one copy is for ripping, reading the liner notes, and general everyday handling, the other copy will stay shrink wrapped and on a shelf. 

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

I do that too!

The one copy is for ripping, reading the liner notes, and general everyday handling, the other copy will stay shrink wrapped and on a shelf. 

Agreed, this way we can insure the ability that it will last for a long time.

31 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Seriously? Now i understand why you complained to the 'cheap' forum members who wanted to look into the best price tag...:sarcasm:

Why dont you just make an exact CD copy of each disc for everyday use, and look/make scans of the booklets so you can read it in your computer?

Haven't you ever thought about any of your shrink-wrapped cd sets having a defective disc, liner notes, or even missing a disc? I did buy one soundtrack once and it didnt come with the CD. That's why I always open and try the CD when i receive a new disc, so i dont notice a fault months after...

Well, obviously, I only do that with the Limited Edition soundtracks, and also if I really love that album. It's just a backup copy, in case something happens to my set, like loss due to fire, theft, etc.

Currently I have 2 sets of A.I., Home Alone, and Hook. And I'm probably gonna get another JP set as well. :)

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Well, obviously, I only do that with the Limited Edition soundtracks, and also if I really love that album. It's just a backup copy, in case something happens to my set, like loss due to fire, theft, etc.

Currently I have 2 sets of A.I., Home Alone, and Hook. And I'm probably gonna get another JP set as well. :)

Congratulations....

I hope you are keeping both sets sepparate in another house...as in if robbed or burned both sets do not dissapear...

2 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Congratulations....

I hope you are keeping both sets sepparate in another house...as in if robbed or burned both sets do not dissapear...

Not burglars, but friends and family members borrowing my CD's and not returning them. :P

Well, I still don't have my set. It has now been stuck in customs since January 3rd. 1,5 months and counting in 2016/17 is... astounding even for the holiday season. Well done, Frankfurt Airport.

42 minutes ago, paleo said:

Well, I still don't have my set. It has now been stuck in customs since January 3rd. 1,5 months and counting in 2016/17 is... astounding even for the holiday season. Well done, Frankfurt Airport.

Sorry to hear that. Sucks! 

You live in Germany? 

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Sorry to hear that. Sucks! 

You live in Germany? 

Yes. I have never had to wait that long for anything in the past.

Mine's also vanished on the way, last update one month ago from Vienna (before customs)... postal service could not help either. Luckily LLL now sent a replacement, great service on their end! Fingers crossed that this one comes through without any shenanigans...

I ordered it the day (rather: minute) it was released. It was sent out November 30. I got an update yesterday, but it once again says "customs clearance".

It is here! Actually arrived yesterday, when I was at work. I am now listening to "The Encased Mosquito", one of my holy grails, for the first time ever outside of the movie :-) :-) :-)

11 minutes ago, paleo said:

It is here! Actually arrived yesterday, when I was at work. I am now listening to "The Encased Mosquito", one of my holy grails, for the first time ever outside of the movie :-) :-) :-)

Congrats! :)

Did the case come undamaged? What about the dino teeth on the booklet!? Still missing? 

Thanks. Yep, the case is undamaged (only one CD was lose), and the teeth are missing. But don't forget, it was one of the first sets to ship, so no surprise there.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

You never checked out the 2013 anniversary edition?

Nope. It was never released in Germany, so I never got around to check it out.

2 hours ago, paleo said:

Welcome to my world. 

Anyway, at least everyone in the world can now enjoy expanded Jurassic Park legally!

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Did the case come undamaged?

Ah, so I'm not the only one. And I thought those fat jewel cases were bulletproof.

6 hours ago, paleo said:

It was. But I, for example, didn't buy it because I didn't want to spend money for something halfaway expanded, that would be fully expanded three years later. And I was sure it would, however, not that early.

I think nowadays it is generally superfluous to buy anything non-complete, as you can expect everything to be suddenly completed (like JP).

I'm happy to report that a couple of days ago my set arrived in perfect condition. The first thing I did was skip right ahead to Monster on the Loose and blast the speakers at full volume. A real orchestral tour the force, bloody amazing!

Right now I'm thinking I like TLW (score wise) a lot more than JP. The only thing it's really missing -much like the movie- is the awe-inspiring moments of dinosaur grandeur. There's The Stego cue, but when it comes to the action/suspense TLW blows JP right out of the water. The first score feels like a recapitulation of previous JW ideas -with two excellent main themes-, whereas the second score feels like Williams exploring a lot of new territory, both with the orchestra and the percussion.

The only missed opportunity I think both Spielberg and Williams missed was having a full percussion-only cue. I was thinking it could have been much more interesting scoring the second Compy scene (The Compys! on album) with only percussion, the most agressive and harsh drums you could find. Don't get me wrong, what we get is great, but it's more in line with Williams' horror/suspense material. How cool would a full on percussion cue for that particular scene?

But anyways, absolutely loving this. Listening to it on a daily basis on a fairly good equipment. Tomorrow I'm trying it out on real mean player. Of course I'm skipping to the BRRAAAMMM's once again.

55 minutes ago, Rose Dawson said:

I wish more of TLW was like 4:45 of Rialto Ripples. I would listen to an entire score of that.

:lol: While it is a cool passage I rather like the score how it is, a perfect blend of percussion and orchestra.

I still need to create an infinite loop of that part. Thank God all the music was released. I feel like had this been done at any other time by anyone else, that part would have been edited out at Williams' insistence.

4 minutes ago, Rose Dawson said:

I still need to create an infinite loop of that part. Thank God all the music was released. I feel like had this been done at any other time by anyone else, that part would have been edited out at Williams' insistence.

Mike Matessino verily rules!

4 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

I'm happy to report that a couple of days ago my set arrived in perfect condition. The first thing I did was skip right ahead to Monster on the Loose and blast the speakers at full volume. A real orchestral tour the force, bloody amazing!

Right now I'm thinking I like TLW (score wise) a lot more than JP. The only thing it's really missing -much like the movie- is the awe-inspiring moments of dinosaur grandeur. There's The Stego cue, but when it comes to the action/suspense TLW blows JP right out of the water. The first score feels like a recapitulation of previous JW ideas -with two excellent main themes-, whereas the second score feels like Williams exploring a lot of new territory, both with the orchestra and the percussion.

The only missed opportunity I think both Spielberg and Williams missed was having a full percussion-only cue. I was thinking it could have been much more interesting scoring the second Compy scene (The Compys! on album) with only percussion, the most agressive and harsh drums you could find. Don't get me wrong, what we get is great, but it's more in line with Williams' horror/suspense material. How cool would a full on percussion cue for that particular scene?

But anyways, absolutely loving this. Listening to it on a daily basis on a fairly good equipment. Tomorrow I'm trying it out on real mean player. Of course I'm skipping to the BRRAAAMMM's once again.

Happy for you @Muad'Dib. My copy just arrived today. So pleased. It was 1 month since it shipped via SAE. But glad to have it. My 2017 is off to a great start!

On 10 January 2017 at 0:31 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

Haven't you ever thought about any of your shrink-wrapped cd sets having a defective disc, liner notes, or even missing a disc? I did buy one soundtrack once and it didnt come with the CD. That's why I always open and try the CD when i receive a new disc, so i dont notice a fault months after...

This exact thing happened to me before (missing disc in a shrink-wrapped package).

Finally got it! LLL's replacement shipment got here in record time (6 days) :) Now on to sinking my teeth into this for days to come... speaking of which, the booklet came fully teethed.

Also got Starship Troopers from Music Box last week, so for now I'm a happy camper again.

Really this sucks. I mean, i rush to get it... and i should have waited to order it :/

I think i'm done ordering the day of release, unless it is a really limited pressing (like 1000-2000 copies)...

What i dont understand is MV response as it looked as if they were not going to fix it. Couldnt have they done something like put it on preorder (for a reasonable price) and then press all the ones people bought along with the new batch they were already going to print?