Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What about Jurassic Park?

Great question! Isn't politics and religion a taboo, here?

38 minutes ago, petaQ said:

Not at all. Just an opportunistic capitalist. I don't really care who my nation's government wants to kill next as long as they pick someone. 

Hopefully sarcasm? Nevermind driving this discussion!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mstrox said:

Found some old gift cards lying around and picked up a used copy of this set on Amazon.  Anyone know if it's any good?

Do you mean this LLL set?  Please tell me you're joking.

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Amusingly antediluvian for such a technologically progressive nation.

Yes. :)

But it's not really antediluvian because many of these CD's and records aren't digitally available yet... So the only way to get the music is to have these CDs and vinyl records available for purchase.

Besides, it's got a certain charm. Like wanting to collect physical books even in the age of ebooks and kindle etc.

58 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

soundtrack albums

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

CD's and records 

So close. The plural of CD doesn't need an apostrophe either. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, Jay said:

He is joking, Trent. It's sarcasm. 

Well, I'm not joking about using Amazon gift cards to finally be able to buy a used copy of this.  Can't wait to rip this to lossless and then return it, complaining of missing teeth on the artwork.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a while. But I received the replacement discs for CD 1 and 4 of this set from Music Box Records. It also included a new CD case.

They packaged it up sturdy as hell this time and even put bubble wrap inside the new CD case itself.

Satisfied customer!

• 1 year later...

THE PARK REOPENS...ONE LAST TIME!

The final batch of our dino-rific JOHN WILLIAMS JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION has just arrived. Once these sell out, this 4 cd set is gone for good!

Get it before it goes extinct!:

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/JohnWilliamsJurassicParkCollection.html

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10156534707693755

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

It's a set of scores that feels like it should be available in perpetuity. The idea that, once this sells out, people can only buy the OST again... that's just not on :(

It's a set of scores that should be available separately. I'd buy JP right away.

I already bought two sets. 

This is probably my number one favourite set from LLL or any other special expanded releases!

I still can't get over the fact how mind-blowingly good "Ludlow's Speech" is. Wow. I mean, wow.

Why two? To keep one in its shrinkwrap?

Having JP C&C is the 'wow' thing I can never get over, simply because of how long it took, and that the anniversary set made us believe that no specialty label would get to do it.

On 11/26/2016 at 5:19 AM, Demondm810 said:

Set my alarm for this morning and once I saw this couldn't sleep. The wait from now to mailbox delivery will be excruciating. My god, we're running out of things to complain about not having!  I've got to say, having Lost World in this format has me feeling like pretty much anything is possible. Mattesino is incredible, I'm glad Spielberg and Williams agree. Man, we all owe that guy big. 

That is kinda true....but.....get a life...... ;)

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

It's a set of scores that feels like it should be available in perpetuity. The idea that, once this sells out, people can only buy the OST again... that's just not on :(

One has to imagine that a majority of people who are interested enough in these scores have already purchased a set, or have it through illegal file sharing. But for future generations of Williams fans who will want this set, it seems like a bummer that it's going OOP.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

It's a set of scores that should be available separately. I'd buy JP right away.

Why? The albums are presented separately in the set. 

5 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Why two? To keep one in its shrinkwrap?

I just bought two sets, that's all. One is for my personal use, the other one.... Who knows? In case something happens to my first set, I'll have one extra, or maybe I'll give it later to my children... :)

It's getting oop, so it's good to have an extra set, anyway.

How many units does this "last batch" usually mean? What are my chances of still being able to buy a last one next month?

7 hours ago, MAG-SI said:

That is kinda true....but.....get a life...... ;)

Says the man replying to a post 2 years after it was posted...

10 minutes ago, Holko said:

How many units does this "last batch" usually mean? What are my chances of still being able to buy a last one next month?

MV said over at FSM this afternoon that they were in the low 400s, but selling quickly. Personally, I wouldn't wait.

17 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm sure it will be re-released in a few years when the demand has increased again.

But this time the set will be seperated for the second lap, unlike the Batman scores which got merged. It doesn't make sense, but it will happen!:lol:

8 hours ago, Josh500 said:

It's getting oop, so it's good to have an extra set, anyway.

@Arpy is right! You make me sick! Have you ever heard of sharing?!:angry:

17 hours ago, Arpy said:

It means someone down the line has missed out on a set because you bought a second!

If someone hasn't bought a limited set one year after it was released, it's his own fault! 

10 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

@Arpy is right! You make me sick! Have you ever heard of sharing?!:angry:

Oh, I'm sharing it, with my friends and family. They all get the FLAC rips from me for free, if they want it. Most don't, however. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering is that a subtle reference to the "Lost World" theme in The Trek at 1:31 (and maybe 1:05?)

Probably just a coincidence, you can hear something similar in Sleepers:

AND Revenge of the Sith: