Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

I remember seeing that on the trivia page at IMDB back when movie trivia was a novelty.

Someone just heard the closing Raptor motif with the string bit after, and decided that it resembles the structure of the CE3K theme. It does a bit, but it's quite clearly not an actual quote.

21 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

For a second I was like, Again, another Jurassic Park release? 😂 

Then I saw this is an old thread from 2016. It will never go extinct, apparently... 

Sadly the price for a used copy isn't extinct, it's alive and well!

• 1 month later...

We found a box of 13 Jurassic Park Collection in storage!!!

As a special limited offer when you purchase $200 or more at www.lalalandrecords.com you will get the 4 CD Jurassic Park Collection (with teeth) absolutely free! Quantities are very limited!

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=141450&forumID=1&archive=0

Just bought it regularly along with Casper and Far and Away. It hurts to know I could have gotten ist for free, but those 200$ made that impossible :mellow: I‘m still really glad I had the chance to get this despite missing it before...can they please find some copies of E.T. As well? :lol:

On 11/25/2016 at 2:08 AM, Thor said:

Thanks for the info. I assumed the former expansion was a physical disc (most of these news pass me by in the moment, and then I forget all about it a few weeks later).

So, Thor....

Uhmmmm....

Did you get this?

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's one set.

Match.

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not sure what that 2016 comment of mine referred to, but no -- I did not get, nor will I ever get, the expanded JURASSIC PARK and THE LOST WORLD sets.

But...but...but...

The ost(s) aren't complete!.

How can a Williams devotee live without having  EVERY. SINGLE. NOTE!😳

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not sure what that 2016 comment of mine referred to, but no -- I did not get, nor will I ever get, the expanded JURASSIC PARK and THE LOST WORLD sets.

I completely understand, since it doesn't have a 3D dinorama.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Smaug the iron said:

$200? I was excited for two seconds that I would finely get this, but no. 

FSM did a similar pitch when they " found" a box of TOWERING INFERNO s.

I think it was buy ten titles ( appm$200) and  get TI " free".

It's better than spending $ 200 and only getting ONE title😁

4 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

FSM did a similar pitch when they " found" a box of TOWERING INFERNO s.

I think it was buy ten titles ( appm$200) and  get TI " free".

It's better than spending $ 200 and only getting ONE title😁

They (SAE)also discovered a box full of the MIKLOS ROZSA TREASURY set! dont remember how that went...but alas I had no funds then...

I am absolutely the target audience for a deal like the one they just offered, having missed the JP collection the first time around, but I have been such a faithful LLL customer this year that I've already bought $100 worth of their stuff.  There's not enough left in the catalog to get me to $200.

8 hours ago, King Mark said:

I have the jewel box version of TLW from the DVD set

So do I, but unfortunately, my laptop decided to leave raptor claw marks on the disc so it's ruined now. I was bummed about it, but now we have this LLL set, I hardly think about that incident anymore.

Just as an aside - that set really is beautiful. All the prints and the box itself with the dvd sets and soundtracks nestled in there.

FWIW, for anyone who got the toothless booklet and wanted the 'corrected' version (with teeth in the logo), ask if they still have spares when you next place an order with LLL. They generously bundled one into my last order a few months ago, so they must've had spares lying around. From memory they did an extra batch of booklets when the issue was first discovered, so if you're lucky they might have spares left.

Absolute stars, best customer service in the business. Thank you LLL!

• 1 month later...

Bought this set during the recent sudden finding of 13 sets (thank you @Jay for pointing that out!) - a total grail for me having been late to JW expanded releases and the world of Varese, Intrada and LLL at the end of 2018.  Lots of catching up to do and thank goodness for some more disposable income as we can't go on overseas holidays etc.

Anyway it arrived, and I read through every page of this thread (45 pages, blame that on having to stay in all the time) and I confess I laughed so much when you all discovered the 'no teeth' booklet!

21 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Bought this set during the recent sudden finding of 13 sets

That was a great deal! May I ask which other albums you purchased together with this? Since many albums were out of stock at the time, I ended up purchasing scores I'm curious about, sort of to widen my horizon.

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That was a great deal! May I ask which other albums you purchased together with this? Since many albums were out of stock at the time, I ended up purchasing scores I'm curious about, sort of to widen my horizon.

Ah JS, I bought mine 'normally' - they were also on sale for the usual $60 without the offer just by going to the product page.  

Which ones did you buy to make up the $200?

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Ah JS, I bought mine 'normally' - they were also on sale for the usual $60 without the offer just by going to the product page.  

Which ones did you buy to make up the $200?

That's still a great deal considering what the set goes for on eBay!

I mixed albums that were already on my "to get"-list and albums I'm curious about.

ALTERED STATES: LIMITED EDITION
FAR AND AWAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)
NAKED GUN TRILOGY, THE: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET)
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN: 20th ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION
SHAFT: LIMITED EDITION
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, THE: LIMITED EDITION (2 CD Set)
SUPERMAN IV – THE QUEST FOR PEACE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

The one I'm most excited about checking out is probably the Naked Gun Trilogy. Great music for some of the best comedies ever made.

Btw, have you received your package yet? Was the JP/TLW booklet one of those with half the pages upside down?

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

But could it be that on the LLL release the longer OST album version of My Friend the Brachiosaurus is not contained?

It probably just seemed redundant to add a few of the combo OST tracks at the end of the LLL assembly. All the music in that track is on the LLL in its proper film order.

I'm sure they considered adding the OST assembly to the release, but that wouldn't have fit on 2 discs (by a measly 2-3 minutes) and the OST was freshly remastered by Decca a few years earlier anyway.

5 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

But could it be that on the LLL release the longer OST album version of My Friend the Brachiosaurus is not contained?

That's just a combination of An Ailing Monster and My Friend the Brachiosaurus according to Jay's spreadsheet.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

For the original OST album, JW took the cues 6M2 An Ailing Monster and 10M2 My Friend, The Brachiosaurus and combined them together with a crossfade to make an album track he called "My Friend, The Brachiosaurus". 

On the LLL CD 6M2 An Ailing Monster was put into its own track called "Ailing Triceratops" and since "My Friend, The Brachiosaurus" album title was already taken, 10M2 My Friend, The Brachiosaurus in its own track had to be titled "My Friend, The Brachiosaurus (Film Version)".  It's the same exact take(s) as what was on the OST album, just needed a new name because it's not the same contents as the existing album track using that name.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I'm sure they considered adding the OST assembly to the release, but that wouldn't have fit on 2 discs (by a measly 2-3 minutes) and the OST was freshly remastered by Decca a few years earlier anyway.

It could have fitted:

Disc 1 - The Film Score

Disc 2 - The Original 1993 Soundtrack Album + Stalling Around

The rest from the bonus section is already part of the OST. The real reason why this wasn't included is that it wouldn't have felt right to include the OST of Jurassic Park, but not the OST of The Lost World. Considering the different flow and the track length of the two complete scores, I don't agree on that.

If they ever do separate releases for each film, maybe the JP reissue will be the complete score on disc 1 and the OST on disc 2 this time, with Stalling Around as a disc 2 bonus track

Hard to change much for The Lost World though

Some people say there's music in the film during what was intended to be scored by Rialto Ripples that is still unreleased, but I've never listened to see what they're talking about