Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

2 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Cool! So I should get an e-mail notification sometime tonight, right?

What he really means is that shipping will start today.  I'm guessing they don't have the labor to ship a couple thousand of these in one afternoon/evening.

Exactly.

Their "shipping department" is literally one guy with earbuds in printing labels, wrappings CDs in bubble wrap, putting them in boxes, and putting them out to ship.  I've met him, super nice guy :)

Of course, they may have extra people helping out on big release days like this; I dunno.

I know this is probably a stupid question...

But do you save on shipping at all if you buy two LLL soundtracks in one order vs. separately?

@Jay?

Yes.

Obviously, you can simply create an order and go to the final screen without submitting to compare rates for various order combinations.

1 minute ago, Will said:

I know this is probably a stupid question...

But do you save on shipping at all if you buy two LLL soundtracks in one order vs. separately?

@Jay?

You didn't ask me but yes.  If you combine multiple products in one order, you only get charged shipping once.

5 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Order # 122423 for me. Flipping heck, it's been nearly a whole year since I last ordered anything from LLL...

No love for CutThroat Island and Batman TAS music?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

No love for CutThroat Island and Batman TAS music?

Nope, I didn't grow up on the Batman TAS so the music is completely alien to me, and I've never seen Cutthroat Island either. The last set I got was the re-released Home Alone. I might have been tempted to get the Star Trek set too had it not been for my lack of funds that stretch only so far as this legendary set. This is definitely the important one for me.

4 minutes ago, king mark said:

Too bad Williams didn't somehow record his "revised" The Lost World Concert Version

Is there really not a recording of him conducting that piece in concert or on one of his compilation CDs that might substitute? Otherwise, I'd say either the Kunzel version or the Madrid Film Music live performance ones are the only ones I'm aware of.

The latter might be up your alley. Forget about the film, music is all you need. If you get a moment just check out this suite. It should give you a good idea of what to expect from the rest of this score:

Karol 

5 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Is there really not a recording of him conducting that piece in concert or on one of his compilation CDs that might substitute? Otherwise, I'd say either the Kunzel version or the Madrid Film Music live performance ones are the only ones I'm aware of.

there's some shit sounding live bootlegs and I don't like the Kunzel version, it sounds weak

The Kunzel one is rubbish - the percussion section is in total chaos. It's also playing too fast. The ending is a bit better, but lacks real ooomph (the percussion has given up by that point). If it's true that the percussion players on the actual sessions were having trouble, a re-recording has no hope.

I listened to a lot of TLW today at work (slightly distracting), and the concert version absolutely kicked ass. I also forgot how good Visitor in San Diego is, as well as the very end of Finale and Jurassic Park Theme.

:music: The Lost World :dance:

Really, i was thinking today and the shipping fees problem could be better if they charged the aditional 2.50 pet item instead of CD. I dont understand the mental process or explanation of doing that...as if in a 4 CD set only one CD could be lost in the mail or something. Anyway...one Jewel case weights and occupies the same space as a 2CD set.

It would be nice-fair for example a 14-16$ per shipment and 2.5$ per aditional item.

I'm just watching the trailer sequence now, and am now realising what a tiny section of music has been edited out of Rescuing Sarah. Considering some of the other protracted moments on the OST, I can't fathom why JW decided this needed trimming.

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting.  The product page for this now says "STARTS SHIPPING DEC 2"

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/JohnWilliamsJurassicParkCollection.html

Yes, I noticed that earlier. And it was apparently on their flyer too. It was kind of discounted I think on the flyer by most here but now I'm not sure...

5 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I'm just watching the trailer sequence now, and am now realising what a tiny section of music has been edited out of Rescuing Sarah. Considering some of the other protracted moments on the OST, I can't fathom why JW decided this needed trimming.

JW has a habit of leaving long stretches of comparatively uninteresting underscore intact on OSTs, while trimming back and microediting action cues to condensed forms. I think he interprets action music differently to his underscore.

Ah, so I did a quick check and if, say, I ordered JP/TLW and HA together right now, it'd be $89.73 (not counting tax, it seems), but if they were ordered separately it would come out to $94.48. So definitely a bit of savings if you order multiple together! 

17 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

My order, which I made only 10 minutes or so past 12 pst, says "will ship in 2-3 days."  :unsure:

I want it nowwwwwwwwww!!

Me too!

And I just watched the waterfall scene, properly paying attention to the music. What a f*****g awesome cue!

18 minutes ago, king mark said:

I got an initial order confirmation but no  shipping estimate

Same here and I got my order in within 2 minutes of the page going live. I wonder if I'll have to wait longer for mine just because I ordered Miracle on 34th Street at the same time...

Unrelated: When was the last time so many of us all bought a new release on day 1? Crazy how many responses this thread is getting!

@Jay, why does the LLL site not show tax when you add up the totals? Do they not charge tax on U.S. orders? Or do they just not show that under later?

I notice @Trent B and @Disco Stu are on the forums right now so if you have an answer that'd be great as well! :)

7 minutes ago, Will said:

@Jay, why does the LLL site not show tax when you add up the totals? Do they not charge tax on U.S. orders? Or do they just not show that under later?

I notice @Trent B and @Disco Stu are on the forums right now so if you have an answer that'd be great as well! :)

They don't charge tax. At least I wasn't.

17 minutes ago, amh1219 said:

Unrelated: When was the last time so many of us all bought a new release on day 1? Crazy how many responses this thread is getting!

Seems like the usual JW expanded release rush

7 minutes ago, Will said:

They do if you live in California, where they are based, which is where I live lol. So I had to pay an extra 5 dollars almost.

11 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

Careful. This set cost more than your education.

I'm still paying for my education. I'm not still paying for a soundtrack I haven't gotten yet.