Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

There was no scan history for the 5th but it was shipped on that day so it was only just entering the system. 

Then it did that weird thing where it's now displaying it was in Melbourne,  then back to LA and now it's in Melb again, I haven't a clue what's going on...

Screenshot_2016-12-12-11-41-11.png

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Timezones. 

Could be. @crocodile had the same issue where his package was first in Britain and then back in LA but he finally got his copy a couple of days later IIRC.

7 hours ago, RPurton said:

There was no scan history for the 5th but it was shipped on that day so it was only just entering the system. 

Then it did that weird thing where it's now displaying it was in Melbourne,  then back to LA and now it's in Melb again, I haven't a clue what's going on...

Screenshot_2016-12-12-11-41-11.png

Still doing better than my package. No idea what's going on.

track.jpg

46 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'll be encased in amber by the time this thing arrives.

:lol: I can just see future scientists boring  a hole in the amber and sticking the package into your petrified hands. Then the corner of your mouth slowly twitches and you crack a smile still all encased in amber.

But seriously the postal service seems particularly slow this season and it's really frustrating, especially when we the fanatics are awaiting something akin a Holy Grail in the mail.

Finnish postal service made an announcement that this year the Christmas rush is so heavy they'll have to deliver mail on weekends (which those silly buggers do not do in normal circumstances) as well and there have been serious delays in the mail deliveries in the past few weeks.

36 minutes ago, RPurton said:

Fragments of the booklet will be in the amber on Hammond's cane, teeth still missing. 

The teeth will have faded from The Lost World logo as well.

14 minutes ago, Incanus said:

:lol: I can just see future scientists boring  a hole in the amber and sticking the package into your petrified hands. Then the corner of your mouth slowly twitches and you crack a smile still all encased in amber.

It'll be just like the thawing scene from A.I. But instead of David approaching the Blue Fairy, I'll be cautiously approaching my two thousand year old frozen CD player, only to have it explode into a thousand pieces upon pressing play.

All that shall remain are four compact discs and the toothless inserts, unusable for all eternity.

tumblr_nsza4v2lwH1qglnd4o1_500.gif

Oh that is far too dark for Christmas time crumbs! Do not lose hope!

As well ummm...package finds a way. There you have it.

4 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Oh that is far too dark for Christmas time crumbs! Do not lose hope!

Don't worry, moments later these futuristic super-scientists will hand me another artifact they discovered -- Steven Spielberg's iPod, containing the complete recording sessions of every John Williams film score, ever. :)

...except The Lost World.

Just now, crumbs said:

Don't worry, moments later these futuristic super-scientists will hand me another artifact they discovered -- Steven Spielberg's iPod, containing the complete recording sessions of every John Williams film score, ever. :)

...except The Lost World.

And then crumbs, listening to the recording sessions of Always, went to where nightmares are born.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

Could be. @crocodile had the same issue where his package was first in Britain and then back in LA but he finally got his copy a couple of days later IIRC.

I received a notification on Sunday that it was at one of the London airports. And then got several notifications about it being back in CA. Thing is I already received notifications about those facilities before the London one. So it definitely returned to the US. And then a couple days later it was on the LA airport again and got to the UK on Wednesday. It took a couple of days longer for it to arrive. So it is a different situation.

Karol

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I received a notification on Sunday that it was at one of the London airports. And then got several notifications about it being back in CA. Thing is I already received notifications about those facilities before the London one. So it definitely returned to the US. And then a couple days later it was on the LA airport again and got to the UK on Wednesday. It took a couple of days longer for it to arrive. So it is a different situation.

Karol

Oh what a tangled web they weave before we do our packages receive.

Yes, that's certainly an interesting definition. Is it even legal to do that? (Not that I'm complaining... I begrudge paying RM £8 for the privilege of taking another £8 from me, and neither providing parking nor card processing facilities.)

I have no idea. The way it works is that you would have to pay VAT only, if it's checked (as long as it's within a certain amount - I think it's somewhere in the range of £20-£130 - lower than the lower limit and you pay nothing but above the upper limit you're subject to import duty as well) but it's based on the nearest equivalent in the UK's market.

Good luck figuring that one out, they don't sell things like that over here. :P

Nice to share with us your interview! :)

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Yes, that's certainly an interesting definition. Is it even legal to do that? (Not that I'm complaining... I begrudge paying RM £8 for the privilege of taking another £8 from me, and neither providing parking nor card processing facilities.)

1 hour ago, Gistech said:

I have no idea. The way it works is that you would have to pay VAT only, if it's checked (as long as it's within a certain amount - I think it's somewhere in the range of £20-£130 - lower than the lower limit and you pay nothing but above the upper limit you're subject to import duty as well) but it's based on the nearest equivalent in the UK's market.

Good luck figuring that one out, they don't sell things like that over here. :P

Wasnt it all about the music? Paying a few more bucks in TAX should not stop anyone.

:sarcasm:

"The Lost World" is my all time favourite John Williams Score. I've benn longing for this since I put it in the CD-player for the first time and realized that "Rescuing Sarah" has been edited!

What's the new tracks you are NOTABLY looking forward to on this release?

10 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

"The Lost World" is my all time favourite John Williams Score. I've benn longing for this since I put it in the CD-player for the first time and realized that "Rescuing Sarah" has been edited!

What's the new tracks you are NOTABLY looking forward to on this release?

Welcome to the messageboard. 

We are currently discussing the music itself HERE. Check it out and join the discussion.

I ordered my copy on the day it went up for sale and received it (in London) on Saturday, although I passed it straight to Father Christmas so will not get to hear any of it until Christmas Day at the earliest.  I got my credit card bill today and the charge is a mammoth £67.25, but I am sure it will be worth it!

20 hours ago, crumbs said:

Seems like nobody is getting stable tracking updates from around the 5th of December.

Apparently mine hasn't even arrived at a sorting facility, despite being shipped a week ago.

There has been no tracking update in my case since December 1st (when it was still in the US). Didn't even know that there would be tracking information once it left the US until I saw some posts here. This is probably the longest I have ever waited for one of these US releases. Cruel world... ;-)

11 hours ago, RPurton said:

My set has been processed through the sort facility in my country!  I have a feeling this will arrive tomorrow, and it ain't a bad feeling either! 

Harry Potter next or riots will happen!

Interesting. Both our sets left LLL on Dec 5th for Melbourne yet yours is about to be delivered and mine has no tracking data.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I'm so jealous! Both our sets left LLL on Dec 5 for Melbourne, yet yours is about to be delivered and mine apparently never reached the LA sorting facility.

It's a cruel world.

Shipping is a cruel often unpredictable thing for Australia. Perhaps your set was caught in the holiday blitz and I just narrowly avoided it; maybe mine won't be delivered before yours. Too many questions. 

3 hours ago, Lockdown said:

All credit to heidl on another Forums...

e2SuMf3.jpg

Priceless! And Toothless ! :lol:

9 hours ago, crumbs said:

Well that's probably the most epic tracking breakdown in history.

Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-13-12.png

Needless to say I'm a very happy man right now, after all that stressing. No encased amber for me!

Thank you LLL!

You got it before me! Bastard!

16 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

It's here!

Unfortunately, despite the copious amount of bubble wrap, the case still got damaged and needs to be replaced (the lid holding disc four fell off after opening). :(

But so much awesome music is here, so who cares?!

I think some broken parts can be replaced using regular Jewel Case parts (like the disk 4 tray) ...but some parts are unique to this case

6 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

SAE really doesn't do shipping notifications anymore, but:

Might get here before the end of the year after all.

Unfortunately Mine hasnt as yet. :(

9 hours ago, Jay said:

A fan has graciously made high res digital covers that look just like the real ones

Source & more alternate covers:

https://hqcovers.net/2013/11/07/jurassic-park-by-john-williams-2/

https://hqcovers.net/2013/11/11/the-lost-world-jurassic-park-by-john-williams/

Ah this guy's custom covers are pretty awesome in general. I used his designs for my previous version of JP and TLW albums.

Now we can have toothy version for JP and a cover to match for TLW! :D