Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

What is this?

Processing Exception - The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 1:24 am on December 13, 2016 in NORTH TEXAS PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.
NORTH TEXAS PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

What is this?

Processing Exception - The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 1:24 am on December 13, 2016 in NORTH TEXAS PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.
NORTH TEXAS PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US

Customs? 

This is probably one of their most anticipated releases so we are reporting day-by-day progress of these packages in a way that we usually don't. Christmas rush and the usual heightened pre-holiday business in the mail and postal service is more or less the same but with regular orders people would wait silently for their package to arrive, perhaps fretting a bit about it but not having daily status updates the electronic tracking provides so widely broadcasted. This relatively small thing has become a real event for us. :) 

On a completely different note I just noticed a few days ago that the orchestra listing seems to cover both scores at once, not separating who worked on which movie. I guess it isn't too much of a concern though as most of the players probably worked on both JP and TLW, except for the horde of percussionists for TLW.

My replacement copy arrived today. Or would have arrived cause I didn't get to open the door. I already cancelled it more than a week ago but they sent it by mistake. I'll just leave it at the post office and it will get sent back.

Karol

Sorry, my post was supposed to say "replacement copy" not "second replacement copy".

No, I didn't pay for the second one. When my first copy got sent back to the US I just informed LLL that they might be getting it back. So they offered to send me a replacement (I didn't ask for one, they're just so nice like this). But it made a U-turn again and arrived last week. When I realised that it's going to reach me I e-mailed LLL to tell them that there is no need to send another one. And I got a response that I gave them heads up just in time. But the next day I got a shipping notification again.

Karol

The back cover with one half of the spine for inserting into the jewel case on mine was jammed between one of the CD plastic holders. A few minutes of prying open that back insert, praying it wouldn't break,  and I was able to flatten out and push it back into its correct place. Nothing major just annoying. 

Ripped the CDs, my commute to and from work tomorrow will be amazing! 

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

On a completely different note I just noticed a few days ago that the orchestra listing seems to cover both scores at once, not separating who worked on which movie. I guess it isn't too much of a concern though as most of the players probably worked on both JP and TLW, except for the horde of percussionists for TLW.

I asked Mike about this, he said 95% of the players were the same on both scores anyway

23 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

It's here!

Unfortunately, despite the copious amount of bubble wrap, the case still got damaged and needs to be replaced (the lid holding disc four fell off after opening). :(

But so much awesome music is here, so who cares?!

Sorry to hear. That sucks!

Did it come in a padded envelope or a carton box? I wonder what LLL could still do to avoid such mishaps in the future.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Did it come in a padded envelope or a carton box? I wonder what LLL could still do to avoid such mishaps in the future.

Padded envelope for me. And by graces of the soundtrack gods it was unharmed and Employee #2 had wrapped it in a huge ball of bubblewrap.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Listened to TLW again last night. Conrad Pope you're so awesome!

Karol

Yeah Mr. Pope is pretty awesome. Monsieur Williams too. I heard he had something to do with it.

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

The CD case was wrapped in about four layers of bubble wrap (seriously, there was a lot of bubble wrap), which was shipped in an envelope with bubble lining.

With all the padding, it's quite surprising the case still got damaged.

The evil some people in the postal service stoop! Is their no end to their villainy I ask!

I remember last year, my A.I. set from LLL came in a small carton box stuffed with bubble wrap. But then, I specifically asked them to package my set very very carefully, because the jewel cases of both Hook and Empire of the Sun were slightly damaged when I got them and frankly I was sick of that.

Really, if we pay this much money, the CDs, including the cases, should be in perfect condition.

I think envelopes aren't the way to go. They should always put the CDs in solid carton boxes stuffed with bubble wrap in the future.

Skimmed through the exemplary booklet tonight (will read when I do my first complete listen of the scores) and noticed there didn't appear to be liner notes from Spielberg on The Lost World. I haven't gone searching for my old TLW dinorama soundtrack to check, but did Spielberg never write liner notes for that score? I assume he was too busy filming Amistad at the time.

1 minute ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

There's no liner notes or anything on the TLW OST. Just a tracklist on the back and that stupid diorama.

Minor bummer. Damn it, Spielberg!

Mr. B is completely correct that the Lost World OST never had a note from Spielberg.  Isn't there one other Spielberg/Williams OST that didn't either?  I can't remember which one now

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mr. B is completely correct that the Lost World OST never had a note from Spielberg.  Isn't there one other Spielberg/Williams OST that didn't either?  I can't remember which one now

Empire of the Sun

3 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

The CD case was wrapped in about four layers of bubble wrap (seriously, there was a lot of bubble wrap), which was shipped in an envelope with bubble lining.

Maybe postmans do not care very much for 'commercial samples worh 1$'...

Really, the price and shipping costs of these packages should have a better envelope.

51 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Really the price and shipping costs should have it protected by a 5 mm thick carbon/tungsten box!

Two armed guards and a high quality safe! Nothing less!

7 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Post will find a way.

6 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

There's no liner notes or anything on the TLW OST. Just a tracklist on the back and that stupid dinorama.

Fixed.

Got my copy yesterday! Initially, I thought all the comments regarding the missing teeth was a lot of oversensitive fanboy complaining - I thought I wouldn't mind the oversight... But the second I opened up the set and I saw the toothless T-Rex.... Haha, it cracks me up! And the one tooth they left! :P LOL I'm glad it's just the booklet and not the cover! Now - on to the music! :)

17 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I want a refund!!

You can make one yourself! A bit of cardboard, crayons and glue and hey presto! It turned out better than I excepted.

5d86d54a62f7bf9e8090055a5610eca1.jpg

Just now, Incanus said:

That wrecker of CDs? That scratcher of discs? Not in a 65 million years!

Now it's only a matter of time before this…lost world…is found and pillaged....

25 minutes ago, Incanus said:

You can make one yourself! A bit of cardboard, crayons and glue and hey presto! It turned out better than I excepted.

5d86d54a62f7bf9e8090055a5610eca1.jpg

Special mention to the volcano! 

5 minutes ago, RPurton said:

A volcano added to symbolize the tumultuous events of the film and to highlight it as an explosive score...

Uh... right...absolutely. Yes just as you said. I was totally trying to say all that with it.