Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

I always order direct from the label. It's common to order from LLL and get a shipping notice a few hours later. I'll expect to receive this early the next week.

Yup. They are very prompt with their shipping even during the hectic pre-Christmas period when they are probably getting more orders than usual.

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It's out at 8pm UK time, when I'll be at home, poised with my card. In fact, a little over 48 hours from now!

Imagine this were a Varese style release and we had to wait another month for it to ship.

That would be torture! :lol:

9 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It's out at 8pm UK time, when I'll be at home, poised with my card. In fact, a little over 48 hours from now!

Imagine this were a Varese style release and we had to wait another month for it to ship.

Same, I'll be home and ready to go waiting for it Tuesday evening. 

As long as I have it in time for Xmas I'll be happy. 

I reckon we'll have it long before then. I like to think we're sneaking in before the Christmas rush truly starts.

Still not using it as a Christmas present though. I need to hear this thing the moment I get it.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

I've heard there'll be copies signed by Djiatchino available for the first 200 buyers. Is there any truth to that?

He doesn't have time to sign something as imperfect as a Williams' release. 

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Not as in chronological. Bad choice of words there. I meant it as in checking that nothing's missing, etc.

The usual pre-excitement checks for any release.

Dude this is Mike Matessino we're talking about who worked on the set.  You seriously think he'd leave anything off for either score?  Come on now.

Hey I trust MM, but when JW has been 'consulted', I'm not going to rest properly until we've heard it.

However, since JW has been given his chance to make a listening experience for the mass market, I acknowledge that there is little to go wrong here.

I don't really need an isolated score track for any film - usually, when actively viewing a film, most of my attention goes to the music anyway, unless the story is really captivating which tends to happen rarely these days.

18 minutes ago, Jilal said:

Usually, when actively viewing a film, most of my attention goes to the music anyway, unless the story is really captivating which tends to happen rarely these days.

Indeed. A film has to be really engaging for me not to wander into music-laser-focus. It's seriously kind of annoying -- I can't really have fun watching certain movies anymore, because I become a score studier:lol:

Empire of the SunA.I., and Sully, are just a few examples of films I found so engaging that I could almost forget about the music. Almost. ;)

On the topic of isolated scores ... I've actually never watched a film with one, but it sounds cool. 

19 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Does anyone have any clue what is the best place to order Jurassic Park if you also want to post some additional stuff from other companies at the same time?

I used Movie Music in the past, but they don't seem to have it listed yet.

Cant go wrong with either Movie Music or Screen Archives. 

And it can't be listed on any website until 12:00pm PST on Tuesday. 

I'll have to check where I ordered Hook & A.I.

I remember A.I. in particular reaching Australia very fast, unexpectedly fast, something like 3 or 4 days after ordering from memory. It takes longer to ship between states in Australia itself!

42 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You can preorder it on Music Box though

Thanks, I let LLL know.  They aren't supposed to do that.

29 minutes ago, dfenton85 said:

I liked the cue during the video conference with the board of directors which contains an eerie rendition of The Island's Voice theme

That's on the OST...

Anyone can help with the shipping fees? Like where to find them, are they included on the LLL site? I usually like to buy my music in a physical store if possible, but this being a particular case where that won't be possible, if anyone could give me any tips it would be most welcome.

This might help:

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I picked a random address in Helsinki, Finland used the Batman TAS 4CD set as my test candidate (Because it retails for $59.98)

direct from La La Land:

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOL 3  $59.98     
Subtotal:    $59.98
Shipping:    $21.50
Tax:    $0.00
Total:    $81.48

Music Box Records    
BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL. 3 LLLCD132262,95 €
Total products (tax incl.)    62,95 €
Total shipping    11,50 €
Total    74,45 €

which is $78.83 USD

Dang, you're right!  And yes it wouldn't arrive faster that way either.  Damn!

EDIT: Just for shiggles, I tried two other websites

Screen Archives

Subtotal:    $59.95
Select country to calculate shipping:     Shipping:    $17.50
Total:    $77.45

Movie Music

Items Subtotal:    $59.99
Sales Tax:    $0
Shipping:    $20
Order Total:    $79.99

EDIT: Or, if you're in the USA, simply go to their site right now and add a 4CD set (like the Batman TAS v3 example I used) to your cart, and go through all the steps or ordering to learn how much shipping will be.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's on the OST...

Is the music heard in the movie during that scene tracked because according to your spreadsheet, all cues from 5m2 Big Feet to 7m2/8m1 Pain Of Glass incl. are not on the OST?

39 minutes ago, Jay said:

This might help:

EDIT: Or, if you're in the USA, simply go to their site right now and add a 4CD set (like the Batman TAS v3 example I used) to your cart, and go through all the steps or ordering to learn how much shipping will be.

Thanks Jay, that should do it! 

On 25.11.2016 at 11:00 AM, Thor said:

I'll refrain from my usual response (you know what it is), since I don't want to dampen everyone's enthusiasm, but wasn't there an expanded JURASSIC PARK a couple of years ago already?

You didn't really think you could dampen anyone's enthusiasm, did you?

I expected this to come out someday - basically, my view these days is that everything that's reasonably popular and still has elements available is going to come out at some point. I didn't expect it to happen so soon after the digital release though, and then as a complete 2 score set with the Matessino quality seal.

TLW is incredibly exciting of course, with all the bits edited out from the well known cues, and all the bits that are neither on the CD nor in the film. But I'm also really thrilled to hear JP in proper chronological sequence. How it compares to the original album as a listening experience remains to be seen, but there's a thematic coherency to the score that's at times hard to find on the heavily edited album.

I'll probably listen to some of the cues left off the 20th Anniversary set for Jurassic Park and a couple of others that we never had clean openings / endings for.  Then I'll do a full jump into The Lost World.  It's been a long time since I've heard the OST (got a copy of it) but am definitely looking forward to this release.

For these two scores, I intend to listen exactly as it is for both. Since both scores feature new mastering, I want to see how ALL the tracks sound, now, in addition to what is new. It is kind of thrilling to just hear it in sequence on a first listen, as if for the first time, knowing and anticipating that what feels familiar at first will eventually be different than how I know it. In terms of JP, it will happen right away with the "Incident and Isla Nublar" cue ending as it should, and going off from there.

Although I am a much bigger fan of JP's score, I admit that hearing TLW will probably be a much more thrilling new experience (since almost all of my most-wanted unreleased JP cues already came out in 2013). However, there is still that totally unknown JP "Saboteur" cue that is one of the most anticipated of all, despite its brevity. I imagine it could maybe echo the "Dennis Steals The Embryo" cue a bit, but who knows?

After I listen to everything fully, I plan to reorganize JP at least to be in the order I want. Meaning: Put "Stalling Around" where it belongs in sequence instead of as a bonus track, likely put the concert version of the main theme at the start of the whole score, maybe omit that film version of Welcome To Jurassic Park (or the other one), and likely add the "My Friend The Brachiosaurus" concert theme as a bonus. Despite it not being Williams music, I will perhaps add as a bonus that Mexican source music heard when Dennis is talking to Dodgson, and will definitely throw in the music specifically made for the film's memorable teaser trailer.

I too plan to do a bit of an edit for my iPod.  Put "Stalling Around" in its rightful place then separating cues that were meant to be separated (if possible).  Then join cues together like in the film.  I'm hoping it'll be as easy with The Lost World...gonna have to wait and find out.

An unexpected (and welcome) release, indeed.

Though, mark me down as one who feels the $60 (plus shipping) price is a bit steep. Yes, the set contains 4 CDs. Yes, $30 for 2-CD releases is acceptable. But the two scores are being sold as a single set... that could have easily fit onto 3 CDs. The price then could have been a more-reasonable $50.

Disc 1: the bulk of JP

Disc 2: the first 76 minutes of TLW

Disc 3: the rest of TLW + the 'additional music' from JP

I don't think the cost in this case is just for the physical product or amount of discs... its for the number of minutes of music paid for in the transaction for these particular scores. These aren't just any scores they had to acquire... they are Williams scores from Spielberg films. They had to be a much higher price tag that ultimately has nothing to do with the physical count of discs themselves, but for the 5,000 unit division cost to make up or break even for what was paid.

That's just it. The price isn't "perfectly acceptable considering its 4 cds" since both scores would have fit onto 3 CDs.

I don't know what point LLL breaks even, but 7500 units sold at $50 each would have resulted in $60,000 more profit than 5000 units at $60... assuming that the sets cost $6/each to make. (I understand that production models are more complicated that this... and that storing unsold stock has a cost. But given the wide appeal of this particular release, I don't think LLL would have had trouble selling 7500 units in a reasonable time-frame.)

Having said this, getting both full scores - properly mastered, with liner notes - is worth $60 (plus shipping) to me.

60 bucks for this set (75 bucks with shipping) is perfectly acceptable, even reasonable. I'd be willing to pay 100 bucks for this. It's to ensure that only die hard fans will get this, and not casual fans who won't even truly appreciate it.... it is, indeed, a limited Collectors Edition. 

That said, I don't think this will sell out anytime soon. Even Hook took a hell of a long time to sell out (what was it? 8 months?).

If the price for this JP set was just 40 or 50 bucks, it'll probably sell out much sooner (within a few weeks, maybe), because many people, stores, and companies will hoard it and try to sell it later on eBay.

33 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Plus the movie wasn't as successful as both JP movies, and the score, while great, isn't as remembered by average moviegoers as the JP scores.

This will sell more quickly than Hook.

Only after derp derp derp has passed.

Ok, so between SAE and LLL, which one offers the best shipping assurance?

LLL costs me 4 € more...but seems more safe if the package is lost (never happened with them anyway)

SAE is cheaper, but i think they offer just regular air mail. (i ordered from them via amazon, and no package was lost either)

And music box records is 1 € more than LLL...but it has a shipping company doing the delivery instead of the regular Post office. It's also signed so more assurance if you dont receive the package. But i wull have to wait more...and the item may be in back order for some weeks like it happened with JAWS 1 & 2...

Any ideas? I really want to spend less...but i dont want to risk losing an expensive package...

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Thanks, I let LLL know.  They aren't supposed to do that.

Seriously? And you still claim you aren't up their arse?

If shipping from LLL costs 22,50 USD and the set costs 60 then ordering it will be 82,50 USD, or 77,56 EUR.

Ordering it from music box will cost 74,45 EUR. Their shipping costs are much cheaper. But the actual CD costs more. So either way one still kinda gets the idea one is being screwed.

5 minutes ago, RPurton said:

Does anyone know what time it will be online? I'm in Australia, so I'm planning on staying up all night if I have to!

I found this page the other day. You can change it for Australia time :)

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/