The Music Of The Hobbit Films - Doug Adams' Book confirmed by Howard Shore

Bilbo

I assumed it was the Hobbit book so put it in a book thread. 

I've asked him to spill the beans but I doubt I'll get a reply. 

1 minute ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Someone just followed me and there last tweet was "sigh"

?

Well now I've followed you and my last tweet was about how stupid Trump is, so I'm properly "woke" and engaged.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Well now I've followed you and my last tweet was about how stupid Trump is, so I'm properly "woke" and engaged.

Well I hope you have an interest in hurling! 

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Wait, I got it: they're going to announce a more reasonable price for the Ultimate Middle-Earth Box Set!

So? $350? $300?

They're just going to release the complete recording sessions for all 6 films in one long, unedited WAV file. $1,500.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

I still want to know if the FOTR reissue will be identical to the 2005 set, or redone to remove tracking and restore Shore's intentions

As much as I'd like to see that, I doubt they'd expend the time and money to redo the set to that extent.

Many consumers probably aren't aware or would even understand what material is missing. They might not even care: "I don't want all that useless stuff that wasn't in the movie, I just want the soundtrack the way it is in the film." We all despise the 'ultimate edition' to The Phantom Menace but I'm sure casual consumers couldn't care less about what's tracked and what isn't. We die-hards are a minority, and maybe not even a very vocal one.

Yes but wouldn't SHORE HIMSELF prefer to release the full recordings of the cues he wrote, instead of the hacked up versions Peter Jackson assembled afterwards?

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-wu-tang-clan-album/

Martin Shkreli is the scum of the earth pharmaceutical executive who first entered the news by raising the price of an AIDS drug by 1000% or something.  Then he later bought the only manufactured copy of Wu Tang Clan's last album for $2 million just so he could hoard and keep fans from hearing it.  Later, he promised to release the files for free if Donald Trump won the presidency, which he did and then Shkreli released the album.

Just now, Jay said:

He's actually only released the intro and one track, and has threatened to destroy the whole thing

Haha, of course.  He's a terrible person not least because he loves playing up his perceived persona of being an evil millionaire, which...only an evil millionaire would do.

Just now, Barnald said:

So if I've understood the last page correctly we're finally getting The Music of the Hobbit Films bundled with a re-done FOTR CR as well as the last Wu Tang Clan album? I'd best start saving.

No need. I'm the only one getting it and I'm not sharing. 

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Do you people who swarm like flies when a thread gets updated in this subforum even like John Williams?

Who?

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Do you people who swarm like flies when a thread gets updated in this subforum even like John Williams?

Yeah, he's a great guitar player but what's that got to do with being a member of Howard Shore Fan?

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I won't rest until this site is re-branded hsfan.

HS as in Harold Steptoe of course.

Hopefully we'll get some more definite news like "Gridlock finally broken. Studio crushed, Shore triumphant. Flood gates of LotR and Hobbit related music releases opened! The Hobbit book is fast forwarded to printing!".