The Music Of The Hobbit Films - Doug Adams' Book confirmed by Howard Shore

Bilbo

• 3 weeks later...

It is so witty that the topic started back in 2016 and still has some activity, as many as 14 pages have been collected! That's what the Tolkien saga does to people! By the way, I read another good book, The Crucible. I liked this playwright so much that I wrote an essay about it at https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/john-proctor/ and I really want you to read my work. Someone will be interested in reading the full work after my essay. On this platform I help to write works for students of different colleges, so I recommend it to you.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh snap I didn't realize you hadn't been paid. What a bummer. And sorry to hear about your acquaintance :(

Yes, here's hoping the Amazon show leads to a release of your Hobbit book (and Hobbit CRs?) 

Thanks. :)

I will be at the premiere of Williams' Violin Concerto #2 at Tanglewood next month, so if anyone else is attending and wants to see a digital version ... ;) 

They should just all agree to publish the book and then get this thing called money and be happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

AUJ was recorded in London with the LPO conducted by Shore, like all the LOTR scores. 

DOS and BOFA were recorded in NZ with Pope conducting. 

Conducted, and in some cases significantly orchestrated by him too. There's extensive footage in the DoS music documentary about him making changes to an action cue from the podium. Who knows what else was changed from Shore's original composition.

3 hours ago, Doug Adams said:

Also worth noting that documentaries, by their nature, are still filmmaking. Certain elements are shaped to make them more easily observed.

This.

For instance, the documentary from The Battle of the Five Armies that talks about the woes of the production, for instance, completely overstates the point, not because anyone is being disingenious, but simply in trying to provide a kind of "low-point" feeling to the narrative presented by the documentaries.

9 hours ago, Doug Adams said:

Nothing too fancy, but the first winter storm of the season was bearing down on NY, and planters were being bagged up in preparation. Didn't make for a very sightly intro, so a little digital removal was employed.

This was shot exactly 8 years ago today, by the way. Unbelievable!  

BEFORE.png

AFTER.png

Thanks for sharing that, that's actually really interesting! 

On 06/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, bollemanneke said:

Political/religious! Also, when are the CDRs coming?

Fixed!

On 07/12/2021 at 7:35 PM, Kühni said:

That plant thing was PS'ed in as well. Here's what's REALLY on that pedestal:

doug_in_tuxedo.png

Huh, it looks kind of smaller next to Doug!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I was only curious about this for the rarities anyway. The LotR book flies over my head, music theory wise.

I humbly recommend my own YT channel if you just wanna know what theme plays at what moment, but people have told me it's helped them understand the score better.

I've been sharing my videos in advance with a score-oriented Discord group to get critical feedback before going public, but they haven't actually been helpful at all. Perhaps I'd find better critique here.

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm listening....

I mean, my Youtube channel basically plagiarizes his work. Though I don't earn any money off it, there's a non-zero chance that people who would've bought his book watch my videos for free instead.

The real story is that I was replying to a spambot that had a weird post about writing history essays for pay.  Moderators deleted the spam post leaving my joke reply out there like a cold fish.  So folks, if you wanna do a joke reply to spam, make sure to quote the spam 

Just use the Report feature on spam instead of replying to it.  If you choose "Spambot" as the reason, it will automatically hide the post instantly

• 6 months later...