Michael Giacchino's Coco (2017)

Max

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Is this on the soundtrack? Doesn't seem to be, just want to make sure. Shame if it indeed isn't.

I know Frozen's Vuelie, used at this point in the movie, was included on the soundtrack. That is the only Disney score I know of that includes this segment's music. Granted for most of them its just the general Disney music, but lately composers have been switching that up to attach to the themes and style in the film. Nice stuff!

Aw, phooey. That was the only part of the score I remembered coming out of the theatre. 

Somewhat related, anyone have any idea who orchestrated/conducted the logo music? Either today's or this one. I'm surprised I haven't found the answer considering how iconic this is.

For Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006), the logo was officially updated, which remains for new features or video releases.  This version, featuring music arranged by Dave Metzger and Mark Mancina.

Otherwise its an arrangement of "When You Wish Upon A Star" by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington.

Sound right @kaseykockroach

Am I alone in finding it a tad disheartening to read in that interview that Giacchino was mainly chosen for this because it's 'safe'? Because apparently, getting a Latino composer would have opposed some kind of 'risk'? 

I know we've moved on from this movie/score and onto more compelling subjects, the film just wandered into mind recently as I caught it playing in the background at a dollar store. 

Usually composers are chosen for more...passionate reasons, especially in regards to musical animated films. 

But something about Coco leaves me cold. Probably overthinking the whole ordeal.