Michael Giacchino's Rogue One - Disney FYC site contains 26 1/2 minutes of additional music

thx99

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Whether or not it's a great or terrible score is not a subject that compels me, rather I found it a much needed new taste sensation before Powell's Solo came along.

Is Rogue One great? I don't know, but it was something different after The Force Puts Me to Sleep! Giacchino trying/failing is of greater enjoyment than Williams being bored. 

I wish it could be possibly even more complete, even though the FYC did a wonderful job adding to the OST. There's still a lot of stand out moments in the score without official release, which is a shame because I can think of many highlights. 

The action cues in Rogue One are the stars of the score. Everything from Rogue One on the OST through the FYC and OST combo edit is top notch. The first half of the score is notably weaker, but has many gems and is quite consistent. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, kaseykockroach said:

Whether or not it's a great or terrible score is not a subject that compels me, rather I found it a much needed new taste sensation before Powell's Solo came along.

Is Rogue One great? I don't know, but it was something different after The Force Puts Me to Sleep! Giacchino trying/failing is of greater enjoyment than Williams being bored. 

TFA felt like Williams was bored to you? I didn't get any of that sense till TLJ. I mean, TFA ain't the best Star Wars score, but it does introduce some pretty fantastic new themes - especially Rey's.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I pop this thread up with a question:

Does anyone own that promo on CD? I asked this because I saw a few ebay auctions back in the day and one of them claims it is a CD-R. Just want to know if it is true (you can look at the backside of CD).