Any one seen this before?

Alex

So I saw this on the Jo Ann Kane Instagram page. The track title is a bit odd so I just wondered if anyone knew what it was for or where it is from?

Yeah it is a piece of music Williams composed for the Harry Potter themed Coca Cola add which was part of campaign to get kids into reading and actually made it to the soundtrack CD as part of the Arrival of Baby Harry.

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

Yeah it is a piece of music Williams composed for the Harry Potter themed Coca Cola add which was part of campaign to get kids into reading and actually made it to the soundtrack CD as part of the Arrival of Baby Harry.

It was definitely cool that I was able to pick up on this right away, having listened to that cue and following along with the Violin 1 part.

No mysteries here.  JW wrote this for a Coca Cola commercial:

And later included it on the OST album, inside "The Arrival Of Baby Harry" from 1:44-2:42.  

It later leaked in the recording sessions leak as "Coke Ad 60s 2trk"

Maybe this will help

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15rBf96b7906PFD6beGM6RKQJHXE7EJHkutlJvEb2sGU/pubhtml

What's funny is that the closest tie the final advertisement had to Harry Potter was Williams's music. And I suppose the presence of owls.

When WB announced the partnership, moms got upset because they felt like Harry Potter was encouraging kids to drink soda and live lethargic lives, so there are pretty much no direct connections to HP at all in that YouTube video.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:49 PM, Bespin said:

This must have been funnier without the "A".

That was probably the original title. 

After all, this is the composer who recently named tracks "Blowing Dreams" and "Snorting and Sniffing." 

13 minutes ago, Rose Dawson said:

I thought it was Cokie.

That's what Bill Wrobel thought and I don't know why... the original sketch says "Hedwigs [sic] Tries a Coke". Nowhere is there written cookie or cokie or cocaine.