RIP Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds

mrbellamy

From TMZ:

Debbie Reynolds seemingly willed her own death Wednesday, telling her son hours before the stroke that claimed her life, "I miss her so much, I want to be with Carrie."

Todd Fisher tells us Debbie cracked early Wednesday morning from grief. She was at Todd's home during the morning hours, talking about Carrie's funeral, when she made the comment. Fifteen minutes later she had the stroke.

Just the most heartbreaking and surreal thing ever. Princess Leia's mother died of a broken heart.

Rest in peace.

WTF.

Now the mom too? 

I could scarcely believe my eyes when I saw the new thread title.

This is playing out like some tear-jerking Oscar winner. Except it's real! :(

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

My heart goes out to Billie Lourd and Todd Fisher. To lose two beloved family members within a day of each other is unreal and saddening. Debbie's last words of wanting "to be with Carrie" is even more striking.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Just the most heartbreaking and surreal thing ever. Princess Leia's mother died of a broken heart.

I guess I owe George Lucas an apology for laughing at Ep III. 

Rest in peace, Carrie and Debbie. Thanks to Carrie for talking about her mental health problems so openly, and thanks to Debbie for saving all of those props and costumes from silent and Golden Age films. 

What an awful week for that family. 

16 minutes ago, Dole said:

I guess I owe George Lucas an apology for laughing at Ep III. 

The difference is Debbie was old, frail, vulnerable and grieving. The reason for her death makes perfect sense. Sometimes that just happens in real life.

Padmé was young, had her new kids to live for, and was written as a strong character up until that moment. GL just needed a convenient way to kill her off.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

She's an absolute delight in that film, she really owns the Good Morning number. Very cute she was. 

Awful business. 

I'm not much of a musical watcher and all, but that film is just wonderful. Colourful, funny and actually quite clever.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

No, Drax. 2016 took Debbie, just like it took everyone else. This is personal. 

Didn't you see Final Destination? 

I still haven't seen those, even though one of them has an actress from B&B.

51 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's remembered for the raining sequence of course, but for me the most stunning part of the film is the great expressionist ballet without words between Kelly and Cyd Charisse. 

I've always liked the ditzy actress, who can never get the hang of talking into the microphone. Funny as.

It's really 8 1/2 played for laughs.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I've always liked the ditzy actress, who can never get the hang of talking into the microphone. Funny as.

It's really 8 1/2 played for laughs.

Oh she's hilarious, I'd forgotten. 

Don't mind admitting that I wept at Fisher's death; Star Wars was my earliest-formed 'fandom' (A New Hope was released when I was just 6) and the beautiful, brave and funny Leia was no small part of that.

R.I.P. to both.