New John Williams/Matessino 2017 Project Announcement!

Amer

Oops I cut 7m2 out, sorry 

Just now, Manikin Skywalker said:

Is that a fan edit?

It's not a comercial release I do not remember where it came from. I have other empire sets let me check them too 

7 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Is that a fan edit?

Yes. It's the Imperial Audiophile Edition. See more information on this site:

http://www.jw-collection.de/scores.htm

(not a download link!!)

4 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

"Darth Vader's Theme [Concert Version]" would be it.

Yes. Except that's just what's heard on the OST, whereas you're looking for an alternate take which probably isn't on there. 

5 minutes ago, Will said:

Yes. It's the Imperial Audiophile Edition. See more information on this site:

http://www.jw-collection.de/scores.htm

(not a download link!!)

Yes. Except that's just what's heard on the OST, whereas you're looking for an alternate take which probably isn't on there. 

dawsons_creek.jpg

Trust me, unless you have the actual leaked recording sessions, you won't find it anytime soon.

I think this take was on some CD or something I have heard it before

Note though that the anthology box set does have a version that sounds similar to it. I used to mistake it for the film version, but it appears to be the same version as the SE, just mastered differently so that the cymbal crashes and strings aren't quite as pronounced..

1 minute ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Note though that the anthology box set version does have a version that sounds similar to it. I used to mistake it for the film version, but it appears to be the same version as the SE, just mastered differently.

Call me crazy but maybe the film version is a edit between the ones we have 

Note though that the anthology box set version does have a version that sounds similar to it. I used to mistake it for the film version, but it appears to be the same version as the SE, just mastered differently.

The anthology version is the closest we have, but it really is the same as the LP version but with a lot more reverb and a little more compression and EQ. It's essentially the same mix. The special edition mix is awful! 

1 minute ago, dillweed97 said:

It's not, but I really really wish it was. 

No, the orchestration is a little too different, and I think the tempo might be a little faster (although that could have just been an editing 'glitch' or something).

I'm going to go through my Blu-Ray rip quickly just to compare the versions we have...

No, the orchestration is a little too different, and I think the tempo might be a little faster (although that could have just been an editing 'glitch' or something).

The strings are more Marcato in the film version, the piatti's are a lot louder in the film version, you can't turn them down in mixing, they are too loud. It's one of the main reasons I know its a different recording. You play any version on top of the film version and it doesn't sync up. 

Just now, aj_vader said:

The strings are more Marcato in the film version, the piatti's are a lot louder in the film version, you can't turn them down in mixing, they are too loud. It's one of the main reasons I know its a different recording. You play any version on top of the film version and it doesn't sync up. 

Thats what I have been doing I have been going through all recordings I have 

1 minute ago, aj_vader said:

Yeah that's kind of what I was trying to say before. You put it into better words... I'm by no means an expert in the art of film composing, so I'll leave you to the technical jargon. xD

12 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Trust me, unless you have the actual leaked recording sessions, you won't find it anytime soon.

DOn't say I won't lol they told me I wouldn't get Complete Small Soldiers by Goldsmith and heck I did I mean it took me contacting Joe Dante but I did! lol

DOn't say I won't lol they told me I wouldn't get Complete Small Soldiers by Goldsmith and heck I did I mean it took me contacting Joe Dante but I did! lol

You'd become a god to me if you could :) 

8 minutes ago, dillweed97 said:

Well, maybe if you bombard enough people at Bantha Music, you might be able to find someone who's willing to go through decades worth of tapes in a massive warehouse, then fully remaster the recordings for free! Worth a shot at this point!

uh i think i have it 

The master tapes have been lost for decades. Pretty sure you don't have it. I don't even have it, and I horde every piece of audio I can get my hands on. If there was a film version of the Imperial March available, I would have been all over it like hotcakes! (I think that's a term, right?)

9 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Well, maybe if you bombard enough people at Bantha Music, you might be able to find someone who's willing to go through decades worth of tapes in a massive warehouse, then fully remaster the recordings for free! Worth a shot at this point! I'd be hella impressed.

10 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

You'd become a god to me if you could :) 

I am not 100% sure but is this it?

The_Executor.mp3

12 minutes ago, dillweed97 said:

Wait, so you just contacted this guy, and he gave you the complete recordings? Man, I wish this guy worked for Lucasfilm!

Just now, dillweed97 said:

I am not 100% sure but is this it?

The_Executor.mp3

No. That's the SE master.

Wait, so you just contacted this guy, and he gave you the complete recordings? Man, I wish this guy worked for Lucasfilm!

Nah wish it was that easy xD started talking because a project then about a year later he said he had a cd and would give me a copy 

Hey, I may have just realized something... I think you may be mistaking "film mix" for "film take". You gave me the film mix, but the Imperial March was from the wrong take.

Here is the film version, extracted from the center channel of the Blu-Ray rip (the center channel is the cleanest one, unfortunately)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TAY1QZsUSYMENTaVExWlZ1MUk

44 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Hey, I may have just realized something... I think you may be mistaking "film mix" for "film take". You gave me the film mix, but the Imperial March was from the wrong take.

Here is the film version, extracted from the center channel of the Blu-Ray rip (the center channel is the cleanest one, unfortunately)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TAY1QZsUSYMENTaVExWlZ1MUk

I understand the difference I was looking at all the versions of the imperial march  both takes and different edits 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:50 PM, dillweed97 said:

Let's get back on topic so @azahid Has our last hope Mike said anything else about our lord and savior Wiliams' next release?

Nope. Nada.Thats all for now folks. ! But Iam as hopeful as the rest of you.

On 1/4/2017 at 9:14 AM, Jay said:

The revised film version opening of Cadillac of the Skies is not included. It's also 3 seconds long :P

Yes. Unfortunately Williams vetoed the inclusion for the set.'He wanted to retain the album version. It was a harp glissando insert to reflect the orange fireball blooming with the explosion on the tarmac scene.It was done as a  'fix'  after the main cue was recorded, probably at Spielbergs behest.

On 1/4/2017 at 5:05 PM, aj_vader said:

The Empire Strikes Back does have The Imperial March (The Imperial Fleet Scene) but the one on the CD (any release) doesn't sound much like the version used in the film. I'm hoping this is in a future release at some point. As well as the film version of the Finale/Credits. 

Yes. This is a slightly different version which was first described by Chris Malone in his massive STAR WARS Analysis. There is about 20 seconds in the STORY OF THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LP as well. Its probably a fix or an insert that was done at the sessions (maybe on the same day as the Imperial March was recorded)  So its this, Yoda's sequence alternate, and the Film Version of End Credits that remain unreleased (on the expanded sets) The rest is all on the 2CD & Arista set. When ever this project happens, I'd wish that they would also prepare the film version edits of the Main Title/Imperial Probe/Ice Planet Hoth as a bonus. Williams would never allow this sequence to be part of the the main album sequence preferring his own ominous version with the Imperial March theme. I just love the film versions rather subdued quieter approach. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any chance that we could get a definitive Hook this year?

- the 2012 version is sold out

- this is 5 years ago, so one could have found the missing cues

- nowadays Williams would approve a complete chronological score if it is done by MM

- it would be worth it, as there is a lot of alternates and concert version

- fans are clearly demanding for this, so it would sell

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

Could it be a 30th THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK?

Why not, there's a lot of anniversaries in 2017!

I wrote a special post about them here:

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Is there any chance that we could get a definitive Hook this year?

- the 2012 version is sold out

- this is 5 years ago, so one could have found the missing cues

- nowadays Williams would approve a complete chronological score if it is done by MM

- it would be worth it, as there is a lot of alternates and concert version

- fans are clearly demanding for this, so it would sell

I would say virtually zero.  Williams was personally involved in the last one and authorized the way it was done.  I cannot see anyone going to him in this short of time and saying they want to do it again, and do it better. 

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would say virtually zero.  Williams was personally involved in the last one and authorized the way it was done.  I cannot see anyone going to him in this short of time and saying they want to do it again, and do it better. 

Was Williams not personally involved with the first Home Alone expansion?

41 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Hey, it's also the 35th anniversary of E.T.  35th anniversaries are a little weird, but really any year divisible by 5 is fair game for specialty labels ;) 

This is madness!:lol: If Disney delays the premiere of Episode IX to 2021 they can produce some special crap every year, because then it is always the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, ... of one of the Star Wars Movies!

Episode 4: 1977 + 5 = 1982

Episode 5: 1980 + 5 = 1985

Episode 6: 1983 + 5 = 1988

Episode 1: 1999 + 5= 2004

Episode 2: 2002 + 5 = 2007

Episode 3: 2005 + 5 = 2010

Episode 7: 2015 + 5 = 2020

Episode 8: 2018 + 5 = 2023

Episode 9: 2021 + 5 = 2026

Every year they can make a release that features one cue never released before!

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

Home Alone: It was sold out, so they re-issued it. As they have found some additional cues in the mean time, they improved their original program.

Hook: It is sold out, so why not?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Episode 8 comes out in 2017, not 2018.

Man, all that effort for nothing:unsure:

Nope, the 7s are still covered by Episode IV.  You're in the clear, Brundlefly.  And Disney's in the chips.

EDIT: Never mind; I can't do math.

12 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Home Alone: It was sold out, so they re-issued it. As they have found some additional cues in the mean time, they improved their original program.

Yes, in fact, if you read Jay's interview, apparently Williams was disappointed with HA sound quality and supposedly was happy when the new elements were discovered. 

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=8269

Was this new version approved by John Williams?

Yes. He liked the 2010 version but wished it could have sounded better. So he was very pleased to learn that Fox located the first generation elements, as was Armin Steiner. In a way this release was done as if the earlier one didn’t exist, but we used it as a starting point for the assembly to make things easier on the licensing end. Williams did ask that the two album presentations of the themes be moved to the bonus section so that the disc presents the score as it’s heard in the movie first, followed by a collection of Christmas music. The live-to-picture concerts are going on right now, with 18 or 19 orchestras doing it this season, so he had refamiliarized himself with the score recently in preparation for those.