John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl - Sept. 1, 2 & 3, 2017

Ben Chisham

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I wouldn't mind those being part of the program at all.

I wouldn't either. These guys, on the other hand... 

Image result for lightsabers hollywood bowl

By the time they got to the encores, you'd probably see this:

Spoiler

JS78208813.jpg

I have a ticket for the Hollywood Bowl show on Sep 1. Sadly I won't be able to go after all. I'm happy to give my ticket away for free.. let me know if you are interested. Section E, row 16, seat 39. It's an eticket that I can email to you.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

If only he could surprise us with a cue from TLJ! 

Particularly given that September 1 is Force Friday... 

Also, wow, that's awesome that Dear Basketball is going live to projection, even for a few nights. Somehow I never really expected him to perform it in concerts given how low-key the release was! 

Would be cool if someone recorded one of the Dear Basketball performances. Wonder if he'll do the end credits, only thing we still haven't heard yet since that cam vid from the festival cut it off.

3 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Would be cool if someone recorded one of the Dear Basketball performances. Wonder if he'll do the end credits, only thing we still haven't heard yet since that cam vid from the festival cut it off.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It's probably just a continuation of that piano variation but I still want to hear it. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

@karelm Music you couldn't place? TLJ sneak preview?? :D

We can dream...

Usually, I would put it at a 2% chance.  But, since many members of this orchestra participated in the sessions (I assume, anyway), I would put it at a 4% chance.  Plus 4 ties into Force Friday better. 

It seems like free marketing to premiere a piece in such a way, but Disney has its own geniuses making such decisions. 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

We can dream...

Sorry, what I meant was more like it was JW music off the beaten path.  It sounded familiar so I know I heard it before but didn't recall what from.  The person in front of me asked, "is this Harry Potter" and I thought I think so but realized later it never used the themes so I doubted it was Harry Potter.  That is what I mean.  It was the sort of stuff like we all know the stuff that is "oh that is the Imperial March", etc that we all would know immediately.  So you'll get some very familiar things and some that are less familiar though vintage.

There was certainly not anything from TLJ.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

We can dream...

Another thing, in the rehearsal, JW is 200% focused on performance.  What he might say during the show could differ from what he said in the rehearsal.  Rehearsal talk was about orchestral balance, phrasing, etc.  He said "I want to play the first few bars of the Throne Room".  They literally played about 10 seconds and he cut them off and he said "good, I said only the first few bars so now next cue".  to give you an idea.  He read through Sabrina twice and the second time said "play it twice as charming". He used the least amount of words to make the most about of difference.

I hope all those who attend this year enjoy.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel my trip on Sunday and won't be able to attend this year. I am greatly disappointed but will be in Chicago no matter what!

Jeez.... Sitting here with my niece who I was all set to take. Just watched past performances of some of these selections. Tears in my eyes. 

Here's to next year....

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Only that he scored it, and that the Walt Disney company prefers him to to reveal anything about it.

You mean "NOT" to reveal...

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Only that he scored it, and that the Walt Disney company prefers him to to reveal anything about it.

So did he reveal anything about it? Is there a new Rey's Theme?